Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pac10

scared to do a lactic acid peel any suggestions

ive had this peel forever, and everytime i go to use it, i wuss out. i really dont have any acne, just red marks and im affraid if i use it that will all change. i havent really heard anything bad about this stuff, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Lactic acid is made to be gentle to your skin. I used glycolic acid on my face and it freakin fried it! I've been using lactic acid peels for 2 weeks (only two peels). I guess it worked somewhat so far. I would say your safe to use it, it's lactic acid, which is already in your skin anyways!

pac10 - lactic peels are extremely gentle - if you feel scared, just test a small part of your face for 30 seconds then wash off, then you will see how it is for you.

I have done two 50% lactic acid peels in the last few weeks. I left the first one on for 3 minutes (even though it said 1 minute) and the second one for 5 minutes (even though it said 2 minutes). I had no problems and it didn't sting at all.

If your worried just leave it on for a shorter time, but it's really nothing to be scared of :D

Agree with Maya Lactic Acid is very Gentle and i'm doing my 4th today and i'm above the timelimit they hav set... doing 5 min today and i did 4 min last week and i didn't feel a thing =)

Might try a glycolic after the summer... have to check over my finances =)

But just be careful in the begining so that you don't burn yourself... everyone reacts diffrently to acid treatment!!

Are glycolic peels even close to being as gentle as lactic peels? I'm not going to use any peels at the moment, but I'm just wondering which peels I shold use for acne scars in the future.

Hi

Anyone had any improvement with the red marks using lactic peels. I have red marks (30-40) all over my face. Will the lactic acid peels help? Which one is better? Lactic or mandelic? How long do i have to wait before i see the results?

Thanks for the info

I have not used any peels myself, but from what I have heard glycolic peels are not close to being as gentle as lactic peels. If gentle is what you are looking for, I'd start with lactic.

Are glycolic peels even close to being as gentle as lactic peels? I'm not going to use any peels at the moment, but I'm just wondering which peels I shold use for acne scars in the future.

OUch Ouch!

i just did a 40% glycolic peel at the dermatogist and it wasnt gentle for me at all. I think it went deeper than it was suppose to or something! The doc only left it on for 1 min. im seeing him tommorow to see wut is sup with my face. As of now there is brown patches? Does anyone have this experience with this peel? Are the patches dead skin thats is goin to peel off or something? This is my first peel and im so scared. Im currently using aquaphor to calm the redness. So scarred! Can someone give me some tips to make my face peel faster or something?