Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
John Syndey

Message from Doctor Yarborough

Hi Everyone,

I can confirm I spoke with Doctor Yarborough today and Pat & Cassandra and Him are all ok and managed to get out of New Orleans in time - it was not easy though. They don't know when they will be able to return to New Orleans but believe it will be at least 1 month before they will be allowed back in to see how much damage has been done. Depending on how much damage has been done to the hospital will depend on when he can get in touch with patients. He believes it will be a minimum of two months before he can get in touch with everyone, but again it depends on the damage done to the hospital and when he can return to New Orleans.

The good news is that he is in good spirits and sends his regards to everyone. He does intend on returning to practice as soon as possible - again how much damage has been done to the hospital will determine when this is. A good sign though is that the office phone number is ringing! He is a wonderful man and I really glad to know he is ok. I sent on everybody's regards/well wishes and thoughts to him and that meant a great deal to him.

Hi Everyone,

I can confirm I spoke with Doctor Yarborough today and Pat & Cassandra and Him are all ok and managed to get out of New Orleans in time - it was not easy though.  They don't know when they will be able to return to New Orleans but believe it will be at least 1 month before they will be allowed back in to see how much damage has been done.  Depending on how much damage has been done to the hospital will depend on when he can get in touch with patients.  He believes it will be a minimum of two months before he can get in touch with everyone, but again it depends on the damage done to the hospital and when he can return to New Orleans.

The good news is that he is in good spirits and sends his regards to everyone.  He does intend on returning to practice as soon as possible - again how much damage has been done to the hospital will determine when this is.  A good sign though is that the office phone number is ringing! He is a wonderful man and I really glad to know he is ok. I sent on everybody's regards/well wishes and thoughts to him and that meant a great deal to him.

Thanks John Sydney for getting in contact with him and letting us know their status. I've been thinking about/worrying about them constantly since it became clear just how devasted the city of New Orleans is. I'm so so so relieved to hear that they are safe. Now I can start worrying about whether or not they have homes to return to. What a horrifying scene it is down there. I would encourage everyone to consider donating to the red cross or another relief organization. The saddest part is that it's the people who could least afford this sort of devastation that are the most immediately affected.

http://www.redcross.org

Thanks again John Sydney--for me this is a small bright spot in an otherwise very dark time.

leopolda

JS-thanks for the run down mate. I heard the same info from another source yesterday. I'm glad the Dr. and staff are ok. I too-worry about their houses, ect. It will be tough to just resume life as normal when the city has been under water for weeks.

I'd echo what Leo said about donating. I gave $150 to Red Cross today. That's small beans compared to what's actually needed, but every bit helps, even small amounts.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of New Orleans. Thanks Leopolda for including the link for American Red Cross to remind me to donate! I've been meaning to, but you're post push me to! I want to help in any way possible. It's so tragic and I can't even remotely fathom the suffering, the fear, and the frustration that the people of New Orleans are going thru.

It's absolutely insane about New Orleans, but I'm really happy to hear about our good Doctor...

It makes me feel sort of vain about my skin concerns. It's funny: my problems with my scars don't go away when I consider the devastation of New Orleans, I just feel petty about them.

Hi Guys,

That is no problem - I was relieved as everyone to know Cassandra and he are ok. He is an amazing person - even after what has happened he still is in good spirits. Obviously there are a lot of people who were interested in him not only from a patient point of view in regards to future treatment from him but also to a lot of us considered him a friend and care about him.

The weirdest thing for me, coming from Australia, is had I not had scars I would never have probably been to New Orleans or hardly heard of the place. But I did and I went there and really fell in love with it as a city and a place. I have such great feelings about it as a city. This is why it makes me so sad to think of what has happened. I just hope, that in time, it can be rebuilt

Great idea Leo about the Red Cross - I will ensure I donate and the city and people will be in my prayers

The weirdest thing for me,  coming from Australia, is had I not had scars I would never have probably been to New Orleans or hardly heard of the place.  But I did and I went there and really fell in love with it as a city and a place.  I have such great feelings about it as a city.  This is why it makes me so sad to think of what has happened.  I just hope,  that in time,  it can be rebuilt

I was very worried about Cassandra as she lives in very hard hit Slidell, LA (east of New Orleans).

*phew* - whenever anyone sees/speaks to those guys again please give them a big hello from Chris in Maine.

It probably will be a while before his office opens as I saw Napoleon Ave. was under at least 5 feet of water at least in the part that I saw. I'm a New Orleans area native and its really painful to see Southeast Louisiana's devastation from Katrina.

If you are able to help out, donating to the charity of your choice is the best way. Mine was the Red Cross. Make a Donation to the American Red Cross

Hi Everyone,

I can confirm I spoke with Doctor Yarborough today and Pat & Cassandra and Him are all ok and managed to get out of New Orleans in time - it was not easy though.  They don't know when they will be able to return to New Orleans but believe it will be at least 1 month before they will be allowed back in to see how much damage has been done.  Depending on how much damage has been done to the hospital will depend on when he can get in touch with patients.  He believes it will be a minimum of two months before he can get in touch with everyone, but again it depends on the damage done to the hospital and when he can return to New Orleans.

The good news is that he is in good spirits and sends his regards to everyone.  He does intend on returning to practice as soon as possible - again how much damage has been done to the hospital will determine when this is.  A good sign though is that the office phone number is ringing! He is a wonderful man and I really glad to know he is ok. I sent on everybody's regards/well wishes and thoughts to him and that meant a great deal to him.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to post a quick follow-up to John Sydney's original post to say that I jut spoke to Dr. Yarborough. As JS mentioned, he and his family (and his pets) are staying with family out of state, and Cassandra and the rest of his office staff is safe and accounted for. He really is in remarkably good spirits--he's lost a great deal as his home is still under 4 feet of water, and has sustained irreparable damage along with all of his worldly possessions, not to mention his beloved town.

Cassandra and her family are safe with family out of state, but her house (which she they had just bought and she was so excited about), which was in hard-hit Slidell, was also devastated and is uninhabitable. Pat's house, located 30 miles east of the city, was relatively spared and she is back home.

Dr. Y's primary sentiment was gratitude to have escaped safely, and concern for his paients who had upcoming appointments. I told him that most people on the boards were just very concerned about his welfare and assumed that all of the rescheduling and deposits, etc., would be worked out after the dust settled. He did ask me to reinforce what's already been said that as soon as he can, he will be in touch with all of those patients to either reschedule or refund deposits. As he can't get back to his office or access any of his records, people will have to be a little bit patient. He did say that the entire city has been mostly destroyed and that he doesn't know how long Orleans parish will be closed off and off limits.

I also got the impression that he may be considering the possibility of relocating permanently out of New Orleans. I think he really doesn't want to relocate, but it may be necessary (I think that he's reserving that decision until after all of the damage can be assesed). But I think either way, he is determined to set up his practice again somewhere so that he can continue to help people.

He was particularly concerned about a patient due to come in early November from Melbourne Australia; he couldn't recall the man's name, but he thought that it was an Italian name. He's especially concerned about this man because he's travelling from so far and, because he's out of the country, he may not fully understand just how devastated the city is--he's certain that they will not be up and running by then and he wants to communicate this to everyone and esp. to this guy as soon as possible. So, Italian-Aussie guy, if you are reading this, please pm me and I can give you more details.

But I would assume, from what I've heard, that all bets are off now for future appointments at the New Orleans site--so if you have an upcoming appointment, even if it's quite far off, I would assume it will need to be rescheduled to a different date and perhaps a different place.

Yet again, I'm amazed by this man and his kindness and now by his resiliiance. He's just lost almost everything and yet he's still worrying about his patients. I think the prospect of getting back to helping people is buoying his spirits and keeping him focused, but I just want to emphasize that he and his family and Cassandra will all literally have to start over from scratch, so we will all just have to be patient.

Okay, that's what I know. I hope this information can be helpful to people. He sends all his best wishes to the board and thanks everyone for all of their concern and good wishes.

-leopolda

Thanks JS and Leopolda for the updates. Dr. Y, Cassandra and the rest of his staff have been in my thoughts and prayers. I am at the 6 month mark since my dermabrasion. I am so pleased with my results. I was in the process of writing him a update and sending some pics. If you talk to him again just let him and Cassandra The Kentucky Ladies are thinking of them.

k9lover

I hope to be speaking to him again soon, and I will pass your message on, K9lover, including how happy you are with your results. I know that when I told him how happy I was with the results from my second dermabrasion (only after he asked), I think it lifted his spirits a little bit.

This entire situation just makes me sick to my stomach--this is more of a national disaster than a natural disaster. What a disgrace.

-leopolda

So great to hear that they are okay. It's such a devastating tragedy about their homes, but I'm so glad that they are with their families.

Thanks for the update Leopolda and JS.