Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(eLLe)

omg, aloe vera f**ked up my face big time....

some pple were reporting good results with aloe vera gels on this board. so, a couple of days ago, i put some on my face. o my fuckin god, my forehead exploded with a gazillion clogged pores, pimples AND 3 cysts, which i've never had in my friggin life!!!!!!!!

evil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gifevil.gif wall: eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

i think i friggin had an allergic reaction cuz my forehead (yes, just the forehead) was red and it hurted to touch. the most evil fuckin thing is the gigantic cyst smack in the middle of forehead!!! it hurts soooo sooooo much. it won't go down even after 3 days. i popped it (now i regret it) and applied tea tree oil, it's still not friggin helping. FUCK~~~~~~~~~~

i'm going out right now to get bp, more specifically, neutrogena on the spot acne treatment, with 2.5% bp i think. i've never had to try bp before, but i'm desperate now. it's less than a week till school starts. i don't wanna fuckin show up with this fuckin thing on my face. fuck it.

ok, venting over, now question time. is it possible that bp will also break me out? how exactly will bp help? and how should i treat the cysts differently from pimples? i don't have experience on this, so help me out.

some pple were reporting good results with aloe vera gels on this board. so, a couple of days ago, i put some on my face. o my fuckin god, my forehead exploded with a gazillion clogged pores, pimples AND 3 cysts, which i've never had in my friggin life!!!!!!!! 

evil.gif  evil.gif  evil.gif  evil.gif  evil.gif  wall:  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif

i think i friggin had an allergic reaction cuz my forehead (yes, just the forehead) was red and it hurted to touch. the most evil fuckin thing is the gigantic cyst smack in the middle of forehead!!! it hurts soooo sooooo much. it won't go down even after 3 days. i popped it (now i regret it) and applied tea tree oil, it's still not friggin helping. FUCK~~~~~~~~~~

i'm going out right now to get bp, more specifically, neutrogena on the spot acne treatment, with 2.5% bp i think. i've never had to try bp before, but i'm desperate now. it's less than a week till school starts. i don't wanna fuckin show up with this fuckin thing on my face. fuck it.

ok, venting over, now question time. is it possible that bp will also break me out? how exactly will bp help? and how should i treat the cysts differently from pimples? i don't have experience on this, so help me out.

Once again, this just proves my point that anything topical on acne, only makes matters worse. Acne should only be treated internally.

wtf, i couldn't find anything labelled bp on it at the drugstore. and i was too chicken to ask "excuse me, where are the acne medications?" eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

so i got this: clearasil acne treatment cream, the medicinal ingredients are sulphur 3% and resorcinol 2%. what do you guys think?

*sigh* on the bright side, other than those 3 gigantic cysts, everything else is looking perfect.

What I noticed, when I used Aloe Vera (the actual plant leaf) is that it does NOT help with acne.It does reduce redness, really well, and moisturizes the skin.

Sorry you broke out...... but we really cant know whether you are allergic to something or not.

Hopefully you'll get rid of them soon though!

thanks for the kind words u guys....*hugs*

quite amazing actually, cysts went down a lil bit with the clearasil cream. dunno if it's just psychological effects or what. anyhow, i just re-popped the big cyst to remove the scab that had formed over the cyst. really really really gross. my pimples don't scar, no matter how much i pick at them, so i think it should be fine. i'll put a load of tto on it tonight.

also did some research on resorcinol on paula begoun's website. apparently, it's not very good b/c it can be a potent skin irritator and it's now rarely used for treating blemishes.

time for questions: where do u get bp in a drugstore? i search all over the skincare shelves where they put cleansers, lotions, cream. there are acne medications containing other ingredients, like salicylic acid. but where is bp? do you get it at the pharmacy counter? then wouldn't you need a prescription?

Cysts are alot more prone to scarring then normal spots, so be careful. If the pus doesn't come out after a little squeezing, leave it, otherwise you'll just do more damage.

Cysts are alot more prone to scarring then normal spots, so be careful. If the pus doesn't come out after a little squeezing, leave it, otherwise you'll just do more damage.

what's the difference between a cyst and a pimple? how can you tell?

my "cyst" is bigger than the normal spots i get. redder. and it's painful to touch. but after i removed the scab, i saw it's actually 2 pimples combined together. eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif is it a cyst? i really have no idea.

what's the difference between a cyst and a pimple? how can you tell?

my "cyst" is bigger than the normal spots i get. redder. and it's painful to touch. but after i removed the scab, i saw it's actually 2 pimples combined together. eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif  eusa_wall.gif is it a cyst? i really have no idea.