Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio8647

This Katrina hurricane made me wake up & realise..

Right now, I'm conflicted & confused. We really live in a scary,unpredicatable world.There's so much hatred & discrimination & various other things. I'm really saddened by the people who's been affected by this hurricane. People have died.. People have lost brothers,sisters,wives,husbands. These people's lives has been affected dramatically & yet we stay on here talking about our acne, which isn't really much of a bad thing. We still have our health & it's a possibility that it will go away eventually. There are people in the world who have it much worse than us. People in Africa, who are starving,dying because they don't have enough food & water cry.gif .People hating people because of their sexuality,race etc... When is everyone going to wake up & come together as a people? I'm just so sick of how the world is.. So much negativity & disaster. Yet there's hardly anybody that seems to care about these things. I fear that things will only get much worse for us in the future.

Funny while reading this post I was listening to: John Lennon - Imagine . Great Song for those who never listened to it. I'm hoping I get the chance to help out there for those victims that were affected by Hurricane Katrina. I'll find out this weekend if they send my Unit out there, if so then that means i can go. cool.gif

On CNN almost every person that is waiting to be evacuated is black. Is that a coincidence I wonder?

Obviously there's things much worse than acne, as there's things much

worse than having the flu, but just because the flu isn't cancer doesn't

mean you won't feel like shit.

Point is, it's great you have this sudden realisation that people go

through worse situations, but that doesn't make a less worse situation

any easier...

soz but acne is crap, i wish skin would be like it was in the good old days...only the weird cabbage throwers would have it bad. anyways stop sponging realization out of the hurricane disaster. if we all just tweaked our goals in life and solely tried to persue, acne would be a very minor factor in accomplishing them. but yeh, the disaster is bad-though i know litttle of it, and acne , well, because we dont have these problems such as starvation, our hatred towards acne becomes as strong as some of these peoples desperation for food and water, so stop trying to make it a small thing, its peoples complete way of life that is being affected, before they know it acne sufferers may be too old to do stuff they wanted to do because they may have been held bak by low confidence, maybe by some saps who think they are better because they have clearer skin, even if they are better its your life, dont lets others rob you of it...ive slightly forgot what is reply is to so ill say good luck with clearing your skin and dont get over emotional, theres always someone with it worse.

^^my bad on the dodgy post, i got excited. the world should find peace with itself before trying to unite all nations. stop war! stop acne!

Yes, this is sad. Its amazing and look at it this way, if it is a racial thing then imagine how much oppression exists for people that look like us?

Tap, tap, tap...hello anyone home in there?

Oppresion exists everywere, and is constant.

Why the heck would they build a city below sea level in a hurricane prone area. When they rebuild that city they should move it further inland or something. It was just luck that they weren't hit badly already. It was only a matter of time before this was going to happen to them. And why didn't those people leave? They had lots of warning.

Why the heck would they build a city below sea level in a hurricane prone area. When they rebuild that city they should move it further inland or something. It was just luck that they weren't hit badly already. It was only a matter of time before this was going to happen to them. And why didn't those people leave? They had lots of warning.

We'll then you can blame the governmet for not providing proper transportation to evacuate the people. Plenty of warning. They predicted 3 or 4 days ahead of time that it was going to hit this area. This loss of live was avoidable. And it is stupid to build a city below sea level in an area that is the path of hurricanes every year. Makes no sense at all. eusa_doh.gif

New Orleans wasn't built in a day, much as Rome wasn't either. It's all historical. There's nothing you can do about it once a city has been built and flourishes. San Francisco is a prime example. Tokyo is another. smile.gif

i think its absoutely pathetic how ppl come in this site and act like acne is the end of the world.. there are worse problems than acne.. im 16 and have wrinkles.. and also acne and huge dark circles under my eyes.. id be so greatful if i just had acne.. and theres so many people on this site that complain all day about a few zits... some of the people i can understand.. but a lot of you need to grow up

i think its absoutely pathetic how ppl come in this site and act like acne is the end of the world.. there are worse problems than acne.. im 16 and have wrinkles.. and also acne and huge dark circles under my eyes.. id be so greatful if i just had acne.. and theres so many people on this site that complain all day about a few zits... some of the people i can understand.. but a lot of you need to grow up

you,ve got wrinkles and you're only 16????? I don't get it?

Guest >:(

cancer

abortion

war

genocide

death (yours)

death (your children)

death (your parents)

death (everyone on earth)

STD

rape

lost love

how much of an asshole you are

the hurricane gonna knock down yo house foo'

acne (yours naturally)

disease

poverty (others, yours)

child-abuse (others, yours)

the universe

time (rarely yours)

my beautiful new blanket

It's a whole different category.The hurricane is more of a physical survival problem.Acne is more of a mental self image problem.But, it doesnt make it any less important.

It's a whole different category.The hurricane is more of a physical survival problem.Acne is more of a mental self image problem.But, it doesnt make it any less important.

Actually, losing everything, having no home... that can be pretty mentally devastating for some..

dhouston......my weather professor at college has been warning us for years of the danger that New Orleans would face if it were hit by a strong hurricane...............

but hurricanes are hit or miss, and most times they seem to weaken and "miss' the more populated areas.......

....a lot of people in New Orleans don't (didn't) have cars, so they had no way to evacuate. Many of the people who live in urban areas, NYC for instance, do not own cars, they rely on public transportation. It's not like 9/11 where people could just walk across the bridges to escape the city and possible danger after the WTC attacks. The people in New Orleans are trapped, surrounded on all sides by water, the bridges gone.

A lot of scientists have predicted the demise of New Orleans if a strong hurricane should hit.....but it's hard to "unbuild' a city, so people just take their chances. Should everyone move out of western California because it has the potential to break off into the ocean should a strong magnitude earthquake hit? Not gonna happen. People will take their chances. How about the Eastern coast of the US? Should we force everyone living there to evacuate, because if a tsunami formed off of the coast of Africa it would wipe out the eastern seaboard? It's mother nature.

Unfortunately, it is usually the poor and poverty stricken who usually perish in natural disasters. They simply do not have the means to get up and leave, even with warnings. Also, their homes are substandard, so they provide little protection from the elements of nature. Haiti is a good example of this....they are a very poor nation, and when they were hit by a strong hurricane, the people had no strong buildings to give them shelter, thus many perished.

My prayers are with all the victims. I am mobilizing efforts in my area to help provide relief for those poor people. We are collecting water, medicines, food items, toiletries, anything we can to send down there. I hope others will be inspired to do the same.

Peace and prayers to all!

Actually, losing everything, having no home... that can be pretty mentally devastating for some..

You bastard. evil.gif