Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I am 25 years old and I've been having acne for the past 10 years. I've been through Clearasil Products, Neutrogena Products, Tetracycline, Monocycline, Accutane (2x for 8 months each), Murad, Proactiv Solution, Laser Genesis Treatments (7 total). Although the Laser Genesis and Accutane helped my skin significantly, money was an issue and my acne returned with a vengeance. I am very pleased that I have found this website to be very useful in both advice and support. Throughout the research I have done here and my personal experiences I figure now is the time to take all that I've found and combine everything into this regimen. Unfortunately I haven't gotten all the products that I hoped for but I will begin by using a few alternates. My plan is to attack acne from the outside using Dan's technique of a Cleanser, BP Gel, and Moisturizer. I will also add Aloe Vera to help with the soothing of the skin and to combat redness. But as many of you know the main causes of acne come from within so thanks to a few posts and ideas I will be adding Vitamin Supplements that helps combat acne and redness and hopefully minimize scarring. Although its not proven that what you eat causes acne, I strongly believe that a good healthy diet contributes to overall health and appearance. Of all the different products that I have seen people use and that are in stores I've narrowed it down to what I believe is best. Here is the Regimen:

Morning:

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi (Alternate: All Purpose Cleansing Bar)

Dan's BP Gel 2.5% (Alternate: Nature's Cure Vanishing Cream w/ BP 5%)

Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion, SPF 15

Fruit Of The Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel

1 Omega 3 Capsule, 1 Vitamin A Capsule, 5 Vitamin B5 Capsules, 1 Vitamin C Capsule, 1 Vitamin E Capsule, 1 Zinc Capsule, 1 Nature's Cure Tablet

Evening:

Desert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash with Organic Tea Tree Oil and Awapuhi

Dan's BP Gel 2.5%

Mama Lotion (MWF)

Complex 15 Therapeutic Moisturizing Lotion

1 Omega 3 Capsule, 1 Vitamin A Capsule, 5 Vitamin B5 Capsules, 1 Vitamin C Capsule, 1 Vitamin E Capsule, 1 Zinc Capsule, 1 Nature's Cure Tablet

Unfortunately since I haven't had my picture taken in years and I don't have a digital camera I won't be able to post my current condition but as of now my acne is moderate. I have acne and cysts on both my cheeks with red marks, brown spots and they hurt like hell and occassionaly I get a few whiteheads on my chin and forehead. But the main concern is the cheeks. My front view (T Zone area) is as of now pretty much clear with very little markings but my cheeks have the cystic acne and the scarring. As soon as I get a camera and forget my shyness on picture taking I'll post. Right now my main goal is to get rid of the acne. As time goes by I plan to change my routine and worry more about the pigmentation and scarring. So as of now this is pretty much my last chance in battling acne because I'm tired of all the different products and treatments that I've used. I can't let acne control my social life any longer and my goal is to have clear (doesn't have to be perfect) skin by end of the year. Today is Sept 1st so let the treatment begin.

Things To Do:

-Do this regimen everyday even if you do break out. Most likely It will get worse before it gets better

-Eat 3X a day, Drink Plenty of water

-Keep a positive mindset

-Workout and sweat. Try and do a steam facial wash

Things Not To Do:

-Sleep on stomach with face on pillow

-Touch your face unless applying medication

-Eat Greasy Foods and Drink Sodas

-GIVE UP

If anyone has any questions/comments/suggestions about what I'm doing then by all means post your thoughts, email me, PM Me. Words of encouragement are greatly appreciated.

Day 1:

September 1st 2005

Well I followed my regimen exactly as planned:

- Washed face with Purpose Cleansing Bar 10 secs. Feels pretty nice and it can dry up pretty quick

-Applied Nature's Cure Vanishing Lotion w/ BP 5%. This stuff is pretty strong and dries out skin pretty fast but the acne is surely dried up quick and less redness. I'm only using 1 finger length and will gradually increase as time goes by.

- Applied Eucerin with SPF 15. Now this is interesting because the lotion is green and I'm like WTF. However once applied and GENTLY rubbed in after BP it goes on your skin quite nice and covers up the redness. I'm like DAMN, its like a makeup or something and I can barely see my redmarks. However I'm not getting my hopes up because its just the first day.

- Applied Complex 15 Lotion evening. Good stuff actually, leaves my skin feeling so nice and smells really good.

- Applied Aloe Vera Gel. This helps me not pick my face because it soothes my skin and stops the itching. Also helps prevent redness and reduce redness.

- Took my Vitamin Supplements. Omega 3 (1000mg daily), Skipped Vitamin A, Vitamin B5 (5 g daily), Vitamin C (4000mg daily), Vitamin E (800 IU daily), Zinc (200 mg daily).

- 2 Nature's Cure Tablets (1 for Morning, 1 For Evening).

I realize that I am taking an overdose of some of these supplements, but its a risk i'm willing to take to heal my skin.

Plus during the day I eat fruits for extra Vitamin C and vegetables. It my choice of red apples, oranges, mangos, watermelons, pineapple, red grapes, carrots, pears. Also I've given up drinking alcohol unless its a special occasion. But with a face like mine no special occasions will happen unless my skin heals.

Went and played sports: Volleyball for today for 1 hr, sweated a whole bunch and that's a good thing.

I hope I can stay persistent with this lifestyle.

Day 2:

September 2, 2005

Decided To Add Stats:

Money Spent on Products Currently Using = Approx $90.00

Skin Condition = A Bit Dry and Very Little Redness

Total Number of Pimples on my Face = 6

Forehead = 2

Left Cheek = 1

Right Cheek = 3

Today I've felt = mad.gif

Reason = New pimple on my left cheek plus some BP from my finger fell off and landed on one of my favorite shirts and left a mark. it better not be permanent. Next Time put medication with no shirt on.

Morning:

Did my regular step by step regimen. The Eucerin with SPF 15 is actually pretty cool. It takes patience to put on entire face and have the lotion blend into your skin (Its green). It hides the redness from my face which I find pretty cool. I kinda think of it as a makeup. Also I added the Vitamin A tablet to my diet (20000 IU daily).

Evening:

Did my regular step by step regimen. This time since today is Friday i added the Mama Lotion. Word is that it helps with pigmentation. More info about this product

HERE for those that are curious and are thinking of buying. For free shipping i think the code was FLAWLESS. Don't remember though. Well this bad boy stings for quite a while and has a strong smell. I only put it on my red areas where pigmentation occured in my face. Basically my cheeks.

Did a little research today. I read an ebook on acne from Chris Gibson saying on how he cleared his acne in three days. Its a pretty damn good book and it didn't take long to read and understand the whole thing. More info on the book HERE. It was pretty interesting in the methods that he used and gave me a little more understanding on acne. I think I may add those ideas to my regimen and see if it will improve my skin a bit faster. However I follow the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) mindset because I don't want to start something different or add more stuff than what I'm already doing. Its hard enough for me to take 11 tablets/capsules per meal already. Also because of that (especially with the amounts of Vit C i take) I get to go to the bathroom more often. Guess that's a good thing since I'm cleaning my body. Now that I realize it I should have done a liver, colon cleanse BEFORE i started the regimen. Oh well, I'll do it when I take time off or something.

Enough rambling. My favorite part of the day: SLEEP. The longer I sleep the less I have to worry about acne though I wish sometimes this acne was just a bad dream.

Day 3:

September 3, 2005

Stats:

Skin Condition = A Bit Dry and Very Little Redness

Forehead = 2

Left Cheek = 1

Right Cheek = 3

Today I've felt = neutral.gif

Reason = Nothing to make me happy nor mad

Did the regimen both day and night. Unfortunately I wasn't able to take any vitamins today because I wasn't at home most of the time during meals. At least my 6 pimples are pretty dried up and sloooowy fading. Hopefully they won't leave any red marks behind so at least no new ones. Drank plenty of water so that's a good thing. Guess I'll sleep now.

Day 4:

September 4, 2005

Stats:

Skin Condition = Dry and Mild Redness

Total Number of Pimples on my Face = 8

Forehead = 2

Left Cheek = 3

Right Cheek = 3

Today I've felt = sad.gif

Reason = Very noticable on dry skin, took a lot of moisturizer to get rid of most of it. Also 1 person told me that "you got all this stuff on the side of your face"

Followed my Regimen as usual for morning. This evening I tried a Neutrogena Cleanser that I had in my drawer for a while because I think what caused my dryness was the All Purpose Cleanser. If not then its the 5% BP. However I want to change it but I'm still awaiting Dan't BP Gel. I'm pissed off that its been over 2 weeks and I still didn't receive it yet. Sent the company an email on why I didn't get it yet. No response. Also woke up this morning, I got 2 new pimples. Hopefully they don't get bigger but like its been said "It may get worse before it gets better". Not losing hope. Took all my vitamin supplements like I described, eating fruits, drinking water. Noticed that I've felt pretty damn good healthy wise and the fact that I'm getting rid of toxins that my body is producing. Also the fact that I'm going to the bathroom more frequently and at my urine is clear like water. I know that's gotta help in my complexion. Also I've learned the importance of apples and how they can help contribute to clearing skin. Same goes for Red Grapes.

* Apples – eat 3 – 4 apples a day while working to clearing your acne. Apples are good for skin health. Eat at least 2 a day. Eat organic apples because you can eat the skins and most pectin is in the skin, which helps with constipation. Apples contain ascorbic acid, bioflavonoids, fiber, pectin, quercetin, minerals, and vitamins

* Grapes – help cleanse the body, build blood, and build the body. It is good for constipation, skin, and liver disorders.

I love these fruits anyways so why not eat more of them. I'm planning to eat at least 5 apples a day and lots of grapes. Plus I don't have to worry about eating too much since no side effects.

Also before I go to bed (30 min before), Eating a fruit (I'll choose apple) and drink plenty of water (2 bottled waters) will help. Some people have tried it and saw improvement.

What else. I've also taken time to relax my body by taking a nice HOT bubble bath and meditating for 15 minutes while letting the water run across my body. I felt pretty damn good and my stress reduced significantly.

What a change in lifestyle indeed. Although I don't feel a significant improvement in my complexion, I certainly feel better more healthy and more relaxed with this new lifestyle. Hopefully as time goes by my appearance will reflect how good and healthy I feel inside.

Day 5:

September 5, 2005

Skin Condition = Dry and Very Little Redness

Total Number of Pimples on my Face = 7

Forehead = 1

Left Cheek = 3

Right Cheek = 3

Today I've felt = eusa_dance.gif

Reason = My redness where my acne was (mostly cheeks) is slowly fading. My guess is that it could be the MaMa Lotion. But since I'm doing so many different things, its hard to tell. Oh well I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. Also took down a whitehead the safe way and the pimple pretty much is gone with little visibility.

No new pimples today so that's a good thing. However my skin is still pretty damn dry in which I have to find a way to get rid of the dryness. I've put moisturizer 3 times today and I can see it get a little better but the fact is I don't want to touch my face much. This for me is a hard thing. I gotta stop touching but I'm disciplined not to pick unless its a small whitehead. Got plenty of rest today and drank plenty of water (6 bottles) and ate my 4 apples and grapes.

As far as the regimen is concerned yeah I've made a few changes here and there . Since I'm new at this and I haven't tried these products I have to choose what works for me. I've replaced the All Purpose Cleanser with the Neutrogena Cleanser. It feels really good and leaves an "Ice" cool sensation after washing it off and it leaves the skin smoother than the All Purpose Cleanser. In Summary since I've made some changes:

Morning:

Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser

Nature's Cure Acne Medication (5% BP)

Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion, SPF 15

Evening:

Nature's Cure Acne Medication (5% BP)

Mama Lotion (MWF)

Throughout Day:

Eat Apples and Red Grapes

Drink Plenty of Water

Relaxation for 15-20 min (Meditate) to relieve tension and stress

I hope this acne goes away soon. I've been very patient and calm with what's been going on. I can handle it for a little longer. This has been my 1st priority. I need my self-esteem, my confidence, and most importantly I need my life back. Its strange how acne can take away so much from you. But there is one thing that acne didn't take from me; HOPE and FAITH. I do believe that this regimen will work. I've seen and read the success stories. Soon I will be one of those people. With that said... I'm going to sleep.

90 dollars, not too much tongue.gif some people report spending thousands of products. I believe a lot of that is shit tongue.gif unless they do dermabrasion, so fourth.

its fun reading how many pimples you have tongue.gif

Day 6:

September 6, 2005

Stats:

Forehead = 1

Left Cheek = 2

Right Cheek = 3

Today I've felt = eusa_think.gif

Reason = A Boring Day which has given me time to think about stuff

Followed the Regimen as usual. Today I looked in the mirror and I looked like I've been dead for a week since my skin dried up and I looked pretty pale. I would like to change a few things but its only been six days on this regimen and I should just go through with it no matter how my face looks. I hate mirrors. I hate cameras, I hate reflections. Maybe I should stop looking in the mirror for a while because all I see is years of suffering and the red/brown marks that have joined me along the way. Although people say I look 18-20 yrs old when in fact i'm 25 and they say "What's your secret". I can never answer that question truthfully. I guess acne has slowed the aging process for me or people probably think that I've just hit puberty (I hope they don't think that). Been reading lately on death and acne and thoughts of suicide from other people in the forums. Sure brings back memories of going through that just like they are now. I should stay away from that cause I don't want to have those thoughts again or listen to music like Papa Roach - Last Resort , Eminem - Rock Bottom. Enough rambling, tomorrow's another day.

90 dollars, not too much tongue.gif some people report spending thousands of products. I believe a lot of that is shit tongue.gif unless they do dermabrasion, so fourth.

its fun reading how many pimples you have tongue.gif

Just a suggestion: check out the sugar content in some of those fruits you are eating. Pineapple is extremely high and so is mango (believe it or not). I used to eat lots of mango for its Vitamin A properties (anything that is orange: mango, carrots, melon).

Sugar - even natural is not good for your body. If I can find it today, I'll send you the link to the glycemic levels in most foods and which ones to avoid. Since you seem to want to build in a foods angle into your system, you might as well think about this.

thanks

Just a suggestion:  check out the sugar content in some of those fruits you are eating.  Pineapple is extremely high and so is mango (believe it or not).  I used to eat lots of mango for its Vitamin A properties (anything that is orange:  mango, carrots, melon). 

Sugar - even natural is not good for your body.  If I can find it today, I'll send you the link to the glycemic levels in most foods and which ones to avoid.  Since you seem to want to build in a foods angle into your system, you might as well think about this.

thanks

Day 7:

September 7, 2005

Stats:

Forehead = 1

Left Cheek = 2

Right Cheek = 3

Today I've felt = doubt.gif

Reason = Progress is SLOW. However it hasn't gotten worse. Sometimes I think that this regimen might not work for my skin. This negative attitude has to stop.

As far as the regimen goes I've stuck to it. Since my skin has been quite dry and I look like I've been dead for a week, I've had to add more moisturizer during the afternoon (Complex 15). Its done wonders. I love that lotion. Only downside is that it doesn't contain any SPF but that's okay. The redness kind of pissed me off today because there are many different types of light that I'm exposed through throughout the day. In sunlight I don't look that bad when I go out but the white light (the ones you see in classrooms) pissed me off because when I was in the bathroom I "happened" to look in the mirror and I looked so white (like a ghost) with RED spots and the further I moved back they were still visible from a far distance. That just ruined my day and I went through the day being pissed off evil.gif .

Its been one week since I've started this regimen and like I mentioned above, I've felt doubt today. I know its only been 1 week but the fact that there hasn't been much improvement doubts me. However the good part to this is that it hasn't gotten worse. I would post pictures but its from my camera phone and I don't think the quality is that good. Plus the fact that I hate how I look in photos doesn't help and I get shy. I think the last time I had a photo taken of me was 4 years ago. Still its good to see before and afters from pictures. Maybe I'll make my Album Public.

Checked out my stats and hopefully I can go from 6 to 0 soon. At least the 6 I have are fading pretty well. It doesn't look like it will leave marks. Seems I haven't gotten lower than 6. What I hate is when 1 pimple goes away, another takes its place somewhere else. I hope it doesn't happen while I'm on this regimen.

Day 8:

September 8, 2005

Stats:

Total Number of Pimples on my Face = 9

Forehead = 1

Left Cheek = 3

Right Cheek = 5

Chin = 0

Nose = 0

Today I've felt = sad.gif

Reason = 9 Pimples Dammit. The 3 new ones all just appeared out of nowhere. They're pretty small but hopefully they don't get bigger. If they become whiteheads, they'll get taken care of.

As far as today's regimen well I screwed up a bit because I was in a hurry and all I was able to do in the morning was wash with cleanser and put moisturizer on. Missed taking all my vitamins as well. Same thing dinner time except that's when I put BP on my face and found out I had 9 fucking pimples mad.gif . At least my skin is getting less dry as the days go by so its no too bad. I've avoided the mirror as much as possible today so I really didn't get to see my face at all. Just felt the 9 pimples. Dammit I guess here comes my initial breakout. I'm gonna feel more embarrassed than usual for the next couple weeks ninja.gif . I wish I could just take a vacation but the school won't let me.

On the good side at least my day was busy and I got to play some sports while I was at it so I didn't really think about my ugly face until I got home. I really hope I don't get over 9 pimples. That's all I can take for now. I think the worse I've ever had it in my life was when I had 15 pimples all at once; most were cystic and others were whiteheads.

Tommorrow's another day. I hope it gets better. Though I wish I can just go to sleep and never wake up.

Day 9:

September 9, 2005

Stats:

Skin Condition = Little Dryness and Redness

Total Number of Pimples on my Face = 9

Forehead = 1

Left Cheek = 3

Right Cheek = 5

Chin = 0

Nose = 0

Today I've felt = neutral.gif

Reason = Nothing new. Though what kinda sucked is that my acne marks look more visible today than before. Hopefully it will be less visible by tomorrow or in the next couple of days. There are "good" face days and "bad" face days I guess.

How bad do I want clear skin? There are days when I just don't care anymore and days where I regret what I've done. For example, picking or forgetting to put on medication. Looks like this was one of those days. Today I only took my vitamin supplements once a day instead of twice a day. Also ate some McDonalds. I forgot to put some sunscreen. I have to be consistent because if I keep doing this then this whole regimen process was a waste of time and money and I would only feel worse inside and outside. I have to focus and not forget about eating better and putting on medication. I've decided to add pictures on what I've been using and how I use it which will help as a reminder of how exactly I follow my regimen. Maybe this will help me focus and do this regimen the right way. Today I ordered "AGAIN" Dan's BP gel. I figure 5% does have a redness burning effect on my face and I only use 1 finger length. I hope the 2.5% gel is more soothing to my skin.

So here is the list of stuff that I put on my face and what I take with food every day in the following two posts:

WHAT I USE ON MY FACE AND THE DAILY PROCEDURES

user posted image

STEP 1

- Splash face with warm water. Apply to face every morning and evening in the shower. Place a generous amount to my face and GENTLY rub onto entire face for 15 seconds focusing more on the affected areas. Leave on for about 1 minute without rubbing and wash away with warm water. Pat dry with clean facial towel. Wait 15 minutes.

Nature's Cure 5% BP Cream

user posted image

STEP 2

- After 15 minutes WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Take index finger and apply the BP Cream across the finger. Apply to affected area on face. Do NOT add more cream. Use what's on your finger and apply to the whole face.. 1/2 the amount on the left cheek, 1/2 amount on right cheek. GENTLY rub it across the cheek (work on 1 side first) until the BP absorbs onto skin. Then work on the other cheek until BP absorbs. If you have acne on other areas such as forehead, nose, chin then spot treat (I rarely get acne in these areas). WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Wait 15 minutes. Do this every morning. Apply BP Cream evening on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. On Monday, Wednesday, Friday evening, instead of the BP Gel, use Mama Lotion.

Mama Lotion

user posted image

STEP 2

- After 15 minutes WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Take index finger and apply the Lotion across the finger. Apply to affected area on face. Do NOT add more Lotion. Use what's on your finger and apply to the whole face.. 1/2 the amount on the left cheek, 1/2 amount on right cheek. GENTLY rub it across the cheek (work on 1 side first) until the Lotion absorbs onto skin. This is only for red marks/scars. WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Wait 15 minutes. Do this every evening on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. On Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, apply the BP Cream instead.

Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion with SPF 15

user posted image

STEP 3

- After 15 minutes WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Take index finger and apply the Lotion across the finger. Only use what's on your finger. Do NOT add more lotion. Use what's on your finger and apply to the whole face. Apply to left side of face GENTLY making sure that the lotion absorbs into skin. Then apply to right side of face GENTLY making sure that the lotion absorbs into skin. Continue on forehead, nose, and chin. Be patient because the lotion is green and if not applied properly you'll have a green face. If applied properly your face will look decent with very little visibility on red marks (in my case). WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Wait 15 minutes. Do this in the Morning ONLY. In the evening use the Complex 15 Moisturizing Lotion instead of the Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion.

user posted image

STEP 3

- After 15 minutes WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Take index finger and apply the Lotion across the finger. Only use what's on your finger. Do NOT add more lotion. Use what's on your finger and apply to the whole face. Apply to left side of face GENTLY making sure that the lotion absorbs into skin. Then apply to right side of face GENTLY making sure that the lotion absorbs into skin. Continue on forehead, nose, and chin.). WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Wait 15 minutes. Do this in the Evening ONLY. In the morning use the Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion instead of the Complex 15 Moisturizing Lotion.

Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera Gel

user posted image

STEP 4

- After 15 minutes WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Take index finger and apply the gel across the finger. Only use what's on your finger. Do NOT add more gel. Use what's on your finger and apply to the whole face. Apply to left side of face GENTLY making sure that the gel absorbs into skin. Then apply to right side of face GENTLY making sure that the gel absorbs into skin. Continue on forehead, nose, and chin. WASH HANDS with soap and DRY. Do this morning and evening.

WHAT I TAKE WITH FOOD EVERY MORNING AND EVENING

Vitamin A (10000 IU)

user posted image

- Take 1 softgel capsule every morning and evening with food. Total 20000 IU in a day.

Vitamin B5 (500 mg)

user posted image

- Take 5 capsules every morning and evening with food. Total 5000 mg in a day.

Vitamin C 2000 with Rose Hips (2000 mg)

user posted image

- Take 1 tablet every morning and evening with food. Total 4000 mg in a day.

Vitamin E (1000 IU)

user posted image

- Take 1 capsule every morning and evening with food. Total 2000 IU in a day.

Zinc (100 mg)

user posted image

- Take 1 tablet every morning and evening with food. Total 200 mg in a day.

Fish oil with Omega 3 (600mg)

user posted image

- Take 1 capsule every morning and evening with food. Total 1200 mg in a day.

Nature's Cure Tablets

user posted image

- Take 1 tablet every morning and evening with food.

Day 10:

September 10, 2005

Stats:

Skin Condition = Smooth, Very Little Dryness and Redness

Forehead = 1

Left Cheek = 2

Right Cheek = 3

Chin = 0

Nose = 0

Today I've felt = eusa_angel.gif

Reason = Back to 6 pimples plus the fact that they are all slowly fading out making my skin smooth and less dry. FINALLY something good.

Good Day today. Followed the regimen exactly as planned, drank plenty of water. Had a confidence booster because I was at a college football game today doing volunteer work and I got several smiles from the ladies as I was working. So these small things in life can really keep a good positive mental attitude. A smile can really make a difference in a person's day.

Did some research today and read the e-book from Houa Yang on how he cleared his acne in 3 days and how to keep it off. Interesting enough the ideas presented in the book were very similar to Chris Gibson's how he cleared his acne in 3 days. So 2 different sources. Most important thing is detoxing your body and cleaning up your liver, kidneys, colon. After all it does make a lot of sense because of the toxins your body creates. Also the foods you eat while detoxing yourself and drinking plenty of water surely flushes out the toxins in your system. Once I have several days to spare I will go on this special detox. It basically includes cleaning out your system while fasting on apples / cucumbers, berries, sprouts, drinking purified water, giving yourself an enema for 3 days plus much more. Which makes me a believer that diet does have a cause on acne.

Funny how at times when you're doing a certain thing to help acne, you discover another and possibly better/faster cure and want to give up on it. It is tempting but I will have to pass on that. I have faith in what I'm doing right now and so far it is working. Slowly but effective. I think the best way to get perfect skin is:

1. Know yourself, know your body. And by that meaning what you do that can possibly cause acne and what helps cure/prevent it.

2. Find out what works for you and keep doing it. Avoid what doesn't work.

3. Take care of acne first. Get that under control BEFORE moving on to anything else.

4. Take care of pigmentation/scars AFTER getting acne under control.

5. Keep skin looking healthy and young with whatever products work AFTER getting rid of pigmentation/scars.

Remember different products that's specific for acne. Different products that specific for scars/pigmentation. Different products to keep skin looking and feeling healthy. Use all of them at once and its guaraDAMNteed not to work. Too many different ingredients working all at once won't have a good effect.

Now I know I use MaMa Lotion for pigmentation/scars while having acne but that is ONLY for the red marks/scars on my face where I don't have acne anymore. I don't apply BP there, just my acne affected areas. So just to be clear on that matter.

Day: 11

Date: September 11, 2005

Stats:

Money Spent On Products Currently Using = $90.00

Skin Condition = Smooth, Little Redness

Clear/Perfect Skin = 75%

Total Number of Pimples on my Face = 4

Forehead = 0 , Left Cheek = 2 , Right Cheek = 2 , Chin = 0 , Nose = 0

Today I've Felt = eusa_angel.gif

My Regimen:

Today I followed the regimen exactly as planned taking every detail from my previous post. Its good to have a constant reminder in case you forget something (such as washing your hands before applying BP). I've noticed that I'm about to run out of Vitamin B5. It can get quite costly since I've taken B5 in large amounts and I have to keep buying over and over again. I think that after the bottle is finished I'll stop using Vitamin B5 and see how it affects my face.

My Looks:

I've noticed that most pimples are fading very fast but some that have been on my face for a while show pigmentation unfortunately. I took a quick glance in the mirror today and I noticed that a lot of the pigmentation has become light brown instead of red. Should it bother me? It was kind of weird that I didn't react negatively about it eusa_think.gif . In my opinion overall I think I have 75% of Clear/Perfect Skin. At least now I only have 4 pimples left on my face and I don't feel any new ones forming. I hope that by saying that it doesn't come back to haunt me in the next few days.

My Life:

It was a rainy day, So i stayed in and did some reading. I read an e-book called ZenMed Acne Information Manual. Basically it was a nice overview of acne, ways to treat acne, myths, types of acne, how to pop a pimple and psychological effects. The psychological effects interested me a lot and by reading it I got a better understanding of how to cope with acne and how to change my attitude, giving me a good self-esteem. It does help and gives me a more positive outlook. That's what I believe is important; a positive outlook. Its hard at first but it can be done. Its funny how I've had acne for years and yet I learn new things about it.

Day: 12

Date: September 12, 2005

Stats:

Clear/Perfect Skin = 75%

Total Number Of Pimples On My Face = 4

Forehead = 0 , Left Cheek = 1 , Right Cheek = 3 , Chin = 0 , Nose = 0

Today I've Felt = mad.gif

My Regimen:

Today I followed the regimen exactly as planned. Drank Plenty of water and took my vitamins. I was looking through my cabinets just to clean out a few things and I saw some products there that I haven't used that caught my eye. I found the Neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel.

user posted image

I'm like hmmmmm should I? But then I decided to put it away just in case I run out of the MaMa Lotion. However the thing about this one is that you wash your face, then apply the lotion and wash off after 5-10 minutes. I kinda want to leave it on through the night though but I don't feel like taking that type of risk. But anyways I heard pretty good reviews about it but I'll wait. At least now I've learned to discipline myself in using the regimen exactly as planned. The only disadvantage is the fact that I would need an hour to put on all 4 applications. Guess I'll have to wake up earlier and do my morning run before heading off to school. We'll see how that goes.

My Looks:

What pissed me off was the fact that today being under flourescent light and the room was pretty humid. Then I wiped the left side of my face and all of a sudden I started to bleed and that pissed me off. when I looked on the side of my face it was the damn pimple that popped and blood was coming out. At least my pimple has decreased as I looked at it a few minutes ago so that's not a bad thing. I will be pissed that if a scar/pigmentation results from this. Also what got me mad was the fact that once a pimple was gone from my left cheek another started to appear on my right cheek. I was pissed. Hopefully it doesn't grow too big. I hate it when you feel you're clearing up another pimple grows somewhere else. Damn acne is hard to defeat

Lessons Learned:

- A lot of people here are fucking assholes and piss me off with their rude comments and insults. I try to help or give advice and in return its some smart ass comment or an insult. I could trash talk back but I'll just waste my time, sink to their level and beat me with experience. I hope those type of people continue to suffer while I clear up badgrin.gif . I know its mean but still some people deserve what's coming to them.

- I got my photo taken today. I should be aware of my surroundings of the type of lighting (flourescent light) i'm in before I let them. Cause the pic of me looked awful. doubt.gif

Day: 13

Date: September 13, 2005

Stats:

Clear/Perfect Skin = 75%

Total Number Of Pimples On My Face = 4

Forehead = 0 , Left Cheek = 1 , Right Cheek = 3 , Chin = 0 , Nose = 0

Today I've Felt = neutral.gif

My Regimen:

Nothing new today. Followed the regimen as planned. I'm running out of the Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser. Maybe once I run out I'll buy this one:

user posted image

I've used it before and I remember it working well. This was before starting the regimen. It has 3.5% BP and acts as a mask. I think what I'll do is use it as a cleanser. Wash gently for 15 seconds and leave it on for a few minutes while I'm in the shower so it acts as a mask and the BP can do its work for the time being. Still waiting on Dan's BP Gel in the Mail. I hope it gets here soon. The Nature's Cure BP Vanishing Cream is running out and I got pretty upset that while I was trying to get some out, some of it shot out and landed on my BDU pants and left a mark. mad.gif First one of my favorite shirts, and now my BDU pants.

My Looks:

Got a very tiny pimple next to my nose. No biggie, its not noticeable from afar but I feel one coming out on my left cheek again. I should be pissed off but I'm too tired and anger isn't gonna make it go away faster. Hopefully the BP shall kill it and prevent it from growing any bigger. At least the redness has faded a lot and I can actually see a little more skin since the pigmentation is disappearing. My bet is on the MaMa Lotion. Maybe I was just under good lighting ( very little light ) when I looked at myself today.

My Thoughts:

I wonder what's gonna happen once I clear up or am satisfied with my face. Will I change in personality, be better looking, be more confident, get cocky coz of clear skin, or be the same person I am now except this time I'll have clear skin. Its been sooo long. I've made acne my number 1 priority over everything else. All I know is a pimple appeared, then it disappeared, and then another reappeared, in this never ending cycle over and over again. Then one day I wake up and realize that I've lost so much; friends, opportunities, and TIME because of the desire to become clear. Now I'm alone because of it. I think that even if I attain clear skin the fact that being alone is just as bad as having acne.

Day: 14

Date: September 14, 2005

Stats:

Clear/Perfect Skin = 70%

Total Number Of Pimples On My Face = 5

Forehead = 0 , Left Cheek = 2 , Right Cheek = 2 , Chin = 0 , Nose = 0, Around Mouth = 1,

Today I've Felt = mad.gif

My Regimen:

I'm gonna make a few changes starting week 3 (Tomorrow). Since the MaMa Lotion seems to be working well, I'll be using it evenings every day. The bottle says after 2 weeks you can use everyday as tolerated. So I guess I'll go on that. Also I've decided to use the Aloe Vera Gel only at night. Since I realized that I don't have much time in the mornings to apply the Aloe. Today I only took my vitamins only once instead of twice today because when I was eating dinner I didn't have anything to drink doubt.gif . So starting tomorrow my regimen will be the following

Morning:

- Apply Cleanser (Wait 15 Minutes)

- Apply BP (Wait 15 Minutes)

- Apply Moisturizer

- Take Vitamins

Evening:

- Apply Cleanser (Wait 15 Minutes)

- Apply MaMa Lotion (Wait 15 Minutes)

- Apply Moisturizer (Wait 15 Minutes)

- Apply Aloe Vera

- Take Vitamins

My Looks:

Yeah I'm pretty mad because I have one pimple touching lip right smack in between my upper and lower lip. Its not very big but that shit HURTS like a MOTHER F***** when I open my mouth and its pretty hard to eat and talk. Also the fact that my left cheek decides to get jealous of my right cheek and decides to grow a bright red pimple just like my right cheek. So both my checks are evened out in acne and marks. It seems like my sides are symmetrical and there is no such thing as "my good side" in this case *Sigh*. Plus the pimple that bled the other day is gonna leave a nice little scar too I'm afraid so that's another bad thing. I'm gonna try go get more than 8 hrs of sleep since the more sleep the more time my body can relax and heal itself.

My Thoughts:

*Looks At The Sky* WHY????????

I think you are doing wonderfully.... Just maintain a positive attitude and remember to keep it simple and dont pick and you'll be well on your way to a renewed confidence and appearance!!!

eusa_dance.gif

I think you are doing wonderfully.... Just maintain a positive attitude and remember to keep it simple and dont pick and you'll be well on your way to a renewed confidence and appearance!!!

eusa_dance.gif

Day: 15

Date: September 15, 2005

Stats:

Skin Condition = Smooth, Redness on pimples, Pigmentation fading.

Clear/Perfect Skin = 70%

Total Number Of Pimples On My Face = 6

Forehead = 0 , Left Cheek = 2 , Right Cheek = 2 , Chin = 0 , Nose = 0, Around Mouth = 2,

Today I've Felt = wink.gif

My Regimen:

Two weeks ago I started using this regimen while making changes along the way. Although I still get a pimple here and there my skin oversll has definetely improved. Looks like I'm doing something right. So I'm gonna keep doing what I'm doing. I think once I'm done with the Eucerin Redness Relief Lotion I'll go to the Daily Renewal with SPF 15 cause I realized that my face had a bit of green spots on my face at school. Guess it didn't fully absorb like I thought it did. At least no one told me about it or it wasn't too noticeable from a distance. Since the sun hasn't been coming out much here I think I'll go to the Complex 15 in the mornings. Don't have to worry too much about sun now that Fall is approaching. But if its sunny early in the morning then I'll use the Eucerin Lotion.

My Looks:

Well I finally put my gallery up online for the whole world to see. If someone I know sees it and tells me and everyone else about it who knows what I'll do eusa_doh.gif . But besides that compared to 2 weeks ago I've seen improvement. Even though I only have a camera phone and the quality isn't perfect. I may buy a digital camera someday but....... well I hate being in photos and the fact that it will show my acne so I can't really call it a "Kodak Moment". I'll buy one once I get clear skin. I'll look better plus I'll eventually smile. As far as my face goes, it kinda hurts (both cheeks) because of the pimples (cystic) and the fact that I have 2 around my mouth area today so... I should be mad but I was in a good mood because its PAY DAY. That's all that matters. I'll save anger, frustration, helpless for another time. Here is my 2 week progress (The Photos Are Bigger On The Gallery):

September 4, 2005

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

September 15, 2005

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Day: 16

Date: September 16, 2005

Stats:

Money Spent On Products Currently Using = $100.00

Skin Condition = Smooth, Redness on pimples, Pigmentation fading.

Clear/Perfect Skin = 65%

Total Number Of Pimples On My Face = 9

Forehead = 0 , Left Cheek = 2 , Right Cheek = 3 , Chin = 0 , Nose = 0, Around Mouth = 4,

Today I've Felt = ninja.gif

Talk about "Getting Worse Before It Gets Better" happened today. I looked in the mirror and I just wanted to break it and use the broken glass to harm myself. I don't know what happened to me today but I unleashed anger and frustration from my system. I felt hideous, helpless, and insecure. I've lost my mind and my focus. I'm going to take time off away from this place because everytime I'm here I think of acne and the negativity. Who knows what I'll do in my frame of mind. All I know is my fucking face hurts.