Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GameOver

Oily skin prevents scarring ?

hey I got a question...

Does having oily skin prevent scarring ? Cause that is one problem I seem not to have, though logically, after half a decade of this horrific disease and my constant picking (can't help it) I should be filled with scars, yet I don't seem to have any really (that is if you can see past the rest of my f'ed up face from the f'ing disease). The only explanation I have is because I have pretty oily skin, and I've heard that slows down aging as well. So is it really that or has it just been dumb luck so far ? confused.gif

i did hear that skin does heal better on oily skin.. i have combination skin so my forehead is pretty oily along with nose and chin.. and i used to constantly pick at my forehead when i was young and didnt know better and scratch it and stuff and turn my pimples into scabs basically.. and i only have a couple small scars.. i think oily skin does have something to do with it

I think the oily skin has the same affect as moist wound healing. If you get injured I think it is always best to keep your cuts moist with something oily. I imagine skin oil is probably the best thing since it is all naturally and it's ph has to be the same as your body's.

hmmm, you've given me something to think about. A few years ago I had somewhat oily skin, I was rough on my skin and I never got scars. Now my skin isn't much oily and I have many scars. sad.gif

If I could choose, I'd rather have oily skin than scars.