Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carissalynn

Getting swelling to go down on a cyst !

confused.gif Can anyone help with some advice? Please, please......

I have this huge cyst on my chin that just will not go down, I took advil this morning, I may try some ice, don't know.

I have to wear makeup for work friday, it is sooo embrassing. The make up clings to my huge cyst's and looks so white and disgusting. It's like a huge protruding bump on my chin.

Is there any way to get the swelling to go down?? Homemade remedies, or anything? I put some bp cream on it. I really need advice.

So depressed. I feel like hiding from the world and never leaving the house.

usually, before I give up and visit my derm for an injection (probably your best bet if you have a derm). Although, and the derm should tell you, injections can cause dimpling, scarring, can cause muscle atrophy, etc. though I've only had a couple scar and none of the other possible effects.

I try a spot treatment of apple cider vinegar for about ten minutes, then recently I tried nutmeg and honey mixed really thick and left that only on the spot for about an hour. Then I usually end up spotting it with a huge mound of bp 10% or so, I let that dry for as long as I can. Usually after that crazy procedure some redness has subsided, but also, it seems to dry the upper layer of skin and then that peels, and perhaps then a warm compress might help bring the rest of the nasties to the surface. But honestly that works best after an injection.

Good luck!

The best solution is to get a cortisone injection. If you can't do that, try icing it for 5 or 10 minutes (wrap the ice in a damp washcloth never put the ice directly on your skin). Repeat 2 or 3 times a day. Try dabbing some hydrocortisone on the cyst (no longer than a week since this will thin the skin if used too long). For a double whammy you can put some 10% bp (persagel is good) on top of the hydrocortisone after it dries. Keep taking the advil to help reduce inflammation.

I recently got my first cyst on my chin. It's slowly getting smaller. Yesterday I pressed realy hard on it which is totally against what they say you should do. I felt it flatten a bit, put a wad of bp on it and it's a lot better this morning, except for the dreaded hyperpigmentation.

Ice and liquid asprin (Acetylsalicylic Acid). For the latter I use Paulas choice as its less harsh than TendSkin. Can apply 3 times a day. Also try hot and cold press that helps for most inflammed injuries.

Cortisone injection is the best bet, but good luck getting a derm apt fast enough. As for hydrocortisone thinning the skin dont worry if your using OTC one, only perscription (higer strength) cortisones can cause thinning of the skin if used long enough. You can use OTC hydrocort everyday for a longtime without the ill effects, and sadly I dont think its really powerful enough for reducing cysts either.

Good luck.

confused.gif  Can anyone help with some advice? Please, please......

I have this huge cyst on my chin that just will not go down, I took advil this morning, I may try some ice, don't know.

I have to wear makeup for work friday, it is sooo embrassing. The make up clings to my huge cyst's and looks so white and disgusting. It's like a huge protruding bump on my chin.

Is there any way to get the swelling to go down?? Homemade remedies, or anything? I put some bp cream on it. I really need advice.

So depressed. I feel like hiding from the world and never leaving the house.

crush some uncoated asprin up so it's a powder. Then add a few drops of water so it's a paste but not too runny. spread it on your face or the cyst that you want down and leave it on for about 30 mins. Then you can rinse off, it should take it down quite a bit. You can do this several times. Be careful as this is a very drying mask. If you do it all over your face it works really well! Good luck smile.gif