Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

Vitamins that are good for acne?

I already take some, but honestly, I have so much bottles of vitamins, that I forget what to take, and how much and everything. Anyway, I was hoping that someone knows alot about natural health, and could post to me all the vits that at crucial to help acne, in preventing it and stablizing bloodsugar levels, and detoxifying and I want to make sure that all of them are safe to take together, thanks!

I've read on the board that Vit. A is supposedly good for helping acne.But you have to take large dosage of them, which is potentially dangerous to your health.The other one I heard was good, is Vit. B5, but you have to take about 6-8 tablets a day, which is a hassle.Some people see results while others don't.

you're most likely better off NOT take any vitamins. taking synthetic vitamins is just hard on the liver and kidneys. they won't help, they may make things worse. just eat right.

eat carrots or drink carrot juice (with some olive oil) for vitamin A.

eat raw eggs and nutritional yeast flakes for B vitamins.

eat fruits for vitamin C.

get some sun for vitamin D.

eat sunflower seeds or take wheat germ oil for vitamin E.

not all vitamins are synthetic.. and a lot of times you just dont get near enough of the amount you do get from taking vitamins.. vitamins arent bad to take

they usually say synthetic right on them.. the only thing that i have seen synthetic is vitamin e.. and its not harmful anyways.. dont be afrad to take vitamins

not all vitamins are synthetic.. and a lot of times you just dont get near enough of the amount you do get from taking vitamins.. vitamins arent bad to take

yea, I never heard of vitamins being bad for your liver (besides accutane) and kidneys and them not helping! I know some can be synthetic, but then your body just wont absorb as much right? anyway, how do you know if theyre synthetic or not? What some dont understand is not everyone can tolerate certain foods, and therefore *need* vitamins to make up for that. I will puke if I drink carrot juice with olive oil! I dont like very many veggies, and Im a picky eater- picky meaning that If I force myself to eat something that I dont like just cause it healthy I'll puke so theres no point.

Anyway, i know that its best to get your vits from food, but I cant get all my vits from foods. So I'll just have to buy some good vitamins. Anyone else know how to find natural vits that are good for you and not synthetic?

yea, I never heard of vitamins being bad for your liver (besides accutane) and kidneys and them not helping! I know some can be synthetic, but then your body just wont absorb as much right? anyway, how do you know if theyre synthetic or not? What some dont understand is not everyone can tolerate certain foods, and therefore *need* vitamins to make up for that. I will puke if I drink carrot juice with olive oil! I dont like very many veggies, and Im a picky eater- picky meaning that If I force myself to eat something that I dont like just cause it healthy I'll puke so theres no point.

Anyway, i know that its best to get your vits from food, but I cant get all my vits from foods. So I'll just have to buy some good vitamins. Anyone else know how to find natural vits that are good for you and not synthetic?

you have to be careful when taking vitamins..bc some might help but some could actually cause more acne even though its supposed to help! For instance...vitamin C seems to be fine for me....but B Complex breaks me out and my sister ALSO I have friends (sisters) w PERFECT clear skin...they started taking perfectil (its for hair skin and nails) bc they wanted to grow hair faster...and they started breaking out!! The younger one who had even nicer skin was covered in small spots after month and then she finally figured it out. I also had another friend who skin is pretty good...she started taking a multi and her face broke out and then she stopped and clear again...so sometimes it might help or cause it worse...better to just try and eat well...but also certain things can cause u to break out...my skin is CLEAR now...I figured smoking was giving me cystic acne (smoked a pack a day for 2 years!!!!) and if i eat too much of certain foods (soya-neck) (Dairy-jaw) (peanuts-back) I can eat them in certain amounts....oh and flaxseeds even though they supposed to help u ( started taking them to help my skin) Any time of flaxseed or the oil for it breaks me out so bad on back...I never had one pimple on back until i started flaxseeds...after i finished they went away completely...until i started eating 1/2 a jar of peanut butter a day for like 5 days this week...i got pimples on my back...i stopped two days ago and they r fading already....u just have to figure it out...my skin on my face is almost clear...no pimples...and just a few fading scars (I scar easily) it took a month for my scars to fade....oh and coffee causes a pimple on my cheek...small ones...again it matters on the strength of caffeiene in the coffee...so w me having too much of something..bad

really? Is that all you did, or did you do all the other stuff that shelly talks about (I used to post over there, and spent nearly $60 on stuff she reccomended- apparently what I eat (food allergies) isnt what causes my acne.

ive been taking vitamins for about a week now and im doing fine.. i havent broke out and i havent even been using any products for my acne.. just cleansing..

ive been taking vitamins for about a week now and im doing fine.. i havent broke out and i havent even been using any products for my acne.. just cleansing..

What vitamins are you taking?

What vitamins are you taking?