Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

it's been said that stress and worrying about our faces actually make it worse. i dont mean to get anyone upset, i hope someone can prove me wrong on this topic..... but look at it this way.. in the U.S. military..... soldiers are dying every day, recruiting is down, and Bush is the president..... that might mean a possible military draft within the next few weeks or months. i hope im wrong. only reason i brought this up is cauz maybe if we worried about this instead of our face it would clear up. but i'd rather have golf balls on my face before i go over to iraq.......... anyone have anymore info or can anyone shed any more light on this topic?

Guest Tempest

I think any stress can affect acne.....stress over your face traded for stress about a draft = still no good sad.gif

the mind is where it all starts.....get control over your thoughts and life will be so much better !!!!

Stress never seems to effect my skin. I think, I feel better about my face when I am relaxed and not stressed -but in reality, my skin is probably exactly the same as it is when I feel stressed out and worrying about blemishes and stuff.

Try not to stress about Iraq though- you have to cross each bridge as it comes. I doubt you'll be forced to fight anytimes soon eusa_pray.gif I used to worry about EVERYTHING but I'm much more relaxed now- I just try and take stuff as it comes. I know that's easier said than done but it's a classic good old philosophy don't you think? eusa_angel.giflol.gif

Of course stress affects you acne.

My mom has been clear for over 20 years now, but lately she has been getting loads of stress, hence another breakout for her.

Stress never seems to effect my skin. I think, I feel better about my face when I am relaxed and not stressed -but in reality, my skin is probably exactly the same as it is when I feel stressed out and worrying about blemishes and stuff.

Try not to stress about Iraq though- you have to cross each bridge as it comes. I doubt you'll be forced to fight anytimes soon eusa_pray.gif I used to worry about EVERYTHING but I'm much more relaxed now- I just try and take stuff as it comes. I know that's easier said than done but it's a classic good old philosophy don't you think? eusa_angel.gif  lol.gif

I think they should bring back the draft. You could still get out of it if you're smart and/or intelligent, but otherwise what's the hurt? Hell, faking a panic attack will get you passed over, the only people who get sucked in are those not bright enough to get out of it, kind of like jury duty.

The people in Iraq right now signed up for the reserves thinking they'd do jumping jacks for one weekend out of the month, now they're in urban warfare. Plus, if you get drafted, acne will be the least of your concerns.

I know my mom's accupunture can tell if a person is stressed or not by just looking at their tongues. But I wonder if there's another physical way to tell. Cause I'd like to know if I'm stressed and or if I'm just in denial.

The worst acne I ever had was in basic military training. I had scales of them on my temples...a place I had never broken out before. I washed my face with Clinique scrub when I could, but had no time for anything else. I never used product and couldn't wear makeup. I think most of my scars came from those 3 months in basic.

I get acne from stress all the time and also from my hormone levels changing.