Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sydney2004

Pulsed Dye Laser

Hi,

I had pulsed dye laser treatment for persistent redness around my chin. It's been three weeks and the bruises have faded, but it's now just as red or even slightly redder than before. I can't find much on the Internet about this. Of course now I am getting paranoid that the laser did absolutely nothing, even tho it really bruised and apparently most of the time that means it did something! If anybody has had this and knows anything about it I would so appreciate your feedback. It was the Photogenica.

Thanks a lot!

The laser often takes multiple treatments to work. I'm surprised your derm didn't inform you of this. Shame on doctor eusa_naughty.gif

I had my first on Friday, and one very visible red dot above my lip disappeared immediately, but the rest of my redness is still there. She told me it sometimes takes 3 treatments.

Oh, and also, a lady I met leaving the doctor's office gets the PDL for her roseacea (I didn't see any; maybe she has incredible makeup). She'd had a previous treatment and said the improvement comes gradually rather than immediately. So there's hope yet! Maybe you won't have to do another treatment.

thanks so much! I've just been so frustrated with this whole thing...I've tried so many things with no real improvement. I know better than to get my hopes up but I also don't want to get overly discouraged yet.