Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Belle04

Spectro Acne Care 2.5% BP lotion

Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know about the BP lotion I use. I've never tried the Neutrogena on the spot, so I can't do a comparison for you.

But I think since this one's a lotion (as opposed to a cream) it must be easier to spread around and absorb. I often read on the forums about ppl complaning the BP balls up or leaves white residue and I rarely experience this myself with Spectro.

I bought mine for 6.99 at Shopper Drug Mart. It comes in a 25ml bottle. Here's a link from the Spectro skin care web site if you want to check it out. It also comes in a 5% BP lotion (2nd link).

http://www.spectroskincare.com/productacnevlss.shtml

http://www.spectroskincare.com/productacnedpvl.shtml

I hope this is useful infomation for someone out there!! wink.gif

Hi,

I've seen this in Shopper's as well but I've been too nervous to try it! I've been clearing nicely using the On the Spot but it's much more expensive than the Spectro.

How long have you both been using it? I can't remember when I first noticed it but I don't think it's been available for very long?

Thanks for sharing!!

missv-

You're right, the Spectro BP is a new product. I used it only for about 2-3 weeks and loved how it cleared up my skin. I stoped for now tho, because I find "The Regimen" a hassel and BP makes me flaky, red and dry. I have mild acne right now, so it's not too bothersome.

But if I ever decide to give "The Regimen" another go, I'll keep on using the Spectro 2.5% BP. It was really easy to apply and I never had a problem with absorption.

I never tried the On The Spot. How do you like it?? Is it more like a cream or a lotion?? I almost bought it once, but hesitated just because it was more expensive than the Spectro BP.

Anyways, I hope this answers your question. And thanks for your reply!! biggrin.gif

Thanks, Belle.

On the Spot is more of a cream. This is my second time round with the regimen, but the first time I mixed in other products and ended up stopping part way through, so I wasn't really following Dan's regimen. This time, I have followed it precisely, and though I'm still waiting for a few active spots to clear, my skin tone has improved dramatically, including red spots disappearing. And my oil has decreased like you wouldn't believe!

I'm still experimenting with amounts of BP and I still get some flakiness, but it's worth it for the results. However, once I completely clear, I would like to try making it a little easier, if I can. That includes, cost and ease of absorption. And the Spectro BP looked like it might be a little better in both respects! I'm definitely going to keep in mind.

Good luck to you. My acne has been mild most times through the years, with certain stages of life, dipping into moderate. But I've suffered with it so long (from pre-teen years to now, 31) that I'm sick of being held hostage by it.

Victoria

Honetsl the bottle is WAYYYYY TOOO SMALLL for $6.99 i've seen Panoxyl at the same percentage for about $10 for about 60ml or something...

I've been using the Spectro Jel acne care line (cleanser, pads, BP) for about three weeks now and I really like it so far. I put only a very fine layer of BP on (this is the first BP I've tried) and it blends nicely, I can put makeup on overtop and there is no white residue that I've heard other people complain about.

I swear by the cleaser. use the purple one for sensitive problem prone skin. It is amazing. and you can use it as many times a day as you want without irritation.

Thanks for posting about Spectro! Once I'm completely clear for a while, I'm planning on trying this line of BP. The cost difference is anywhere from $2.50 - $3.00 lower per tube than Neutrogena OTS where I live.

Thanks again!

Victoria

I love the Spectro line. The derm suggesting the Spectro Gel cleanser, and I just found the Spectro Cleansing pads for sensitve skin. My daughter uses the Spectro Gel then uses a cleansing pad to really clean the pores. In 2 weeks her skin has cleared 100%. It took about 10 days to get it clear.

I also used the Spectro Jel Cleanser in the past and tought it was good, maybe I should also try the cleansing pads!! It's the only thing I haven't tried! biggrin.gif

Hey, I started with the neutrogena ots aswell, but switched to the spectro gel within a week. As a guy with thick facial hair I found the neutrogena ots very hard to rub into my face as it left my scruff white. I only shave 2-3 times a week since i have sensitive skin so this was a problem when i was going out. It also dried out my skin. Ive been using bp for years but not following this regime and i've never had skin that flakey and pasty before. So I switched to the spectro gel 2.5bp. It rubs in very well and doesn't seem to dry my skin out nearly as much. This is only the start of my second week and although i am not totally cleared up yet, I look a lot better and can't wait for week 4 to see if this regime really works.

Ooh, I've been using Spectro Gel (purple bottle, for acne prone skin) for the past year and I LOVE IT; the other cleansers I had used before (Neutrogena, pHisoderm), the kind that soaped up, were much too drying on my skin.

Just curious though -- Is Spectro Gel much like Neutrophil? Is one better than the other?

hey does the spectro BP jel work on moderate to severe acnes? cause my mild ones are quite minor comparing to the big red pimiple :(

didn't try any BP product yet... saw spectro and neutrogena ones in zellers, didn't buy it though cze i ordered 1 tube from dan (15 USD that's like.. huge... so I unno which is better, lol)

I looooove the SpectroJel cleanser, but I found that Dan's BP gel worked better for me than theirs. I like the OTS better too.

BTW, mindhead, BP gel should work on mild-moderate acne, if you have severe (cystic) acne then it's recommended to go to a derm and see about accutane. But I would def. try the BP first.

Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know about the BP lotion I use. I've never tried the Neutrogena on the spot, so I can't do a comparison for you.

But I think since this one's a lotion (as opposed to a cream) it must be easier to spread around and absorb. I often read on the forums about ppl complaning the BP balls up or leaves white residue and I rarely experience this myself with Spectro.

I bought mine for 6.99 at Shopper Drug Mart. It comes in a 25ml bottle. Here's a link from the Spectro skin care web site if you want to check it out. It also comes in a 5% BP lotion (2nd link).

http://www.spectroskincare.com/productacnevlss.shtml

http://www.spectroskincare.com/productacnedpvl.shtml

I hope this is useful infomation for someone out there!! ;)

THX FOR THE INFO..I AM NEW TO THIS SITE & THOUGHT I WOULD RESPOND FOR THE FIRST TIME....I AM 34 YRS OLD & HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM ACNE SINCE I WAS ABOUT 20YRS OLD....GOT REALLY BAD AT ABOUT AGE 25-26.....WENT TO THE ACNE CLINIC & WAS PUT ON VIT A GEL/LIQUID....THAT REALLY DID THE TRICK...OR SO I THOUGHT....NEVER NEW THERE WAS NO CURE FOR ACNE AT THAT TIME SO WHEN MY FACE CLEARED I STOPPED USING IT....(I AM ALSO A BLACK FEMALE) ANYWAY WENT BACK TO USING IT & MY SKIN WOULD CLEAR ONLY TO BREAKOUT AGAIN.....IN THIS TIME STILL GOING TO THE ACNE CLINIC...HAVE ALSO BEEN PUT ON DALICIN...THAT DID NOTHING....READ ABOUT TAKING VITAMINS THAT WORKED FOR A WHILE...BUT MAYBE IT WAS ALL IN MY HEAD.....SO WHILE PREGNANT WITH MY SON THE ACNE GOT REALLY BAD BUT DID CLEAR.....NOW IT IS AS WORSE AS IT HAS EVER BEEN...(MY SON IS NOW 2YRS)...WHAT I HAVE USED...CETAPHIL TO WASH....TRIED DOVE....THEN WENT ON THE WHOLE NEOSTRATA LINE....TRIED AVEENO SCRUB WHICH IS WHAT I THINK CAUSED MY CURRENT PROBLEM....NOW I AM GOING TO TRY DAN'S REGIMEN...MY FOREHEAD IS CLEAR MY PROBLEM AREAS ARE MY CHECKS WITH SOME ACNE AND A BUNCH OF SCARS...BROWN MARKS .ANYONE WITH ANY IDEA'S/COMMETS PLS ANSWER...THX

Sup people?

But anyways to my point, around late May 2006 I've been using Dan's Regimen with the Ceatphil cleanser and On The Spot, with No Moisturize because I have oily skin. But I've been using this till the end of June, cleared my skin up well but got a bit of whiteheads once in the while that didnt bother me, because they cleared up in less then 24 hours, but till July 13th I ran out of the On The Spot, it was all gone so i went to shoppers and tryed to buy another because I was leaving that same day to go to Seattle, I could not find The On The Spot it was all gone, so i went to almost every Shoppers in Toronto and could not find it, it seemed like they recalled it, but anyways I just need to find a cream with 2.5% BP, then i came across Spectro AcneCare Vanishing Lotion for Sensitive Skin 2.5%, so I purchased it, and shortly after that i was off to Seattle. About the first couple of days of my vacation it seemed nice was more luquide then On The Spot, but shortly after that I had a nasty breakout, I was shocked it was all along my forehead it was so embrassing. But the good thing about it with the Spectro is that it clears up the redness first but then slowly kills the zit which is good because it get rids of the obvious then kills the zit underneath the skin which is great in my opioion. I found that this Spectro Gel is actually good, I was never a fan of it really never knew what it was like, but i didnt like that women on the commercials to be honest she seemed kind of evil, with the straight face and everything, but right now I'm just wasting your time, and I'm sorry about that, but if you need a cream that doesnt dry up your skin (completely), or a cream which I think is affordable around $7 CAN for 25ml, I belive that Spectro Acne Care 2.5% is right for you, but I'm not sure about the 5% Bp one.

P.S I was wondering if anyone has oily skin and uses the 5% to reply to this comment, so I can hear you story cycle and how well it works

post-41565-1155837329_thumb.jpg

post-41565-1155837329_thumb.jpg

spectro jel's acnecare thing 2 wash your face has kept me from becoming dry despite every topical/pill ive been on, even accutane.

all their products kik ass

I have always seen the Spectro stuff in Shoppers around Toronto and the GTA, but was always skeptical of using it because mainly of the really cheezy commericals. The bad acting and weird "doctor" in the commerical made me think of Spectro as a second-rate, no-name acne brand.

However after looking at this board, im thinking of trying the 2.5% sensitive skin one. Has anyone had bad experiences with it?

god the commercials do kill it don't they...

Haha that's so true.

*bright, multi-coloured background*

Girl 1: I still get annoying pimples

Girl 2: *says something about dryness*

Girl 3: and tight

Girl 4: I need something gentle for my sensitive skin

*they all say it very monotonously*

*camera shifts to a "scientific researcher"*

Woman: That's why Spectrojel, is for you. As a "scientific researcher", I know that Spectro's formulas, are specifically designed, for your, sensitive, skin.

*drones on about how spectrojel cleans pores and mosturizes skin*

Woman: See and feel, the Spectro difference

Despite this, Spectrojel is probably the best cleanser I have ever used. HUGE bottle (500ml) and decent pricing (they go on sale often, and drop from $12.99CND to like $7.99CND at Superstore). I'm going to pick up a bottle of Spectrojel BP soon, when my On-the-Spot runs out.

I just applied the 2.5 benoyl peroxide thing, and I put 1 strip the line of my finger and applied it to my face and white spots appeared, like dried white spots.

uh.. I just bought the vanishing lotion for sensitive skin along with the clenser and clensing pads.

WORST MISTAKE I EVER MADE ! I found out that my skin is hypersensitive to BP and so even the smallest amount left my skin with visually huge pores, extreme itchiness / dryness and like a hundred whiteheads ( no exageration ) around the sides of my mouth and chin. I practically lived off of benadril today because of the reaction. I don't know what to do but I'm stopping the cream RIGHT NOW. and worst news.. as soon as I stop using it, I KNOW there will be a big breakout. I don't know what I should do :confused: