Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just wondering how having acne effects your relation with your brothers and sisters? My sister is 19, two years older then me and has never had a spot in her life. She has one of those complexions that looks like shes wearing make up even when shes not, shes also really beautiful and does modelling for lacoste and gap and stuff. Plus i have to put up with all her really hot boyfriends with there radiant clear skin, of which there seems to be a constant and varied supply.

On the one hand i love her to bits and am really happy and proud that her life is blossoming. But i can't help feeling sometimes that i must have lost the genetic poker game before i was born. Shes always really supportive about my acne and is really protective if anyone is ever rude about it, she constantly tells me that in a year or two it'l all be over but as we all know theres no guarantees and i can't help feeling jealous of her. Which i then feel feel guilty about because i love her so much!...isn't life complicated sad.gif

my sister is 21 now, but she had acne (pretty bad) when she was a little younger. I used to tell her, "Just wash your face and you won't get zits. Thats what I do." Boy, has that backfired on me. But she is the only one in my family that semi knows what she is talking about as my parents didn't really have acne and they are retarded about it most of the time. So, I guess my sister helps a little bit.

Yeh, in a way its even harder because shes so supportive about it. She even dumped this prick of a boyfriend she had because he said to me "your face could do with a decent clean mate, acne ain't popular this season"...she dumped him the next day! So i sort of feel that i shouldn't feel jealous of her, i should just feel happy for her. But i dunno, she looks so perfect all the bloody time and i just can't help it!

I am the oldest and have lived away from home since I was 17. I recently saw my two brothers who have a different mom than me. They both have alot of bumps...they are 20 and 21. My little sister gets mild milia, I believe. You can't even see them, but I think it bothers her.

I'm an only child, but my mom and my aunt are like sisters and best friends to me so I'll pretend lol. My mom gets pimples every once in a while, but only when she's stressed, and she thinks her skin is a lot worse than it is. My aunt has perfect skin from what I can tell. I can see her staring at the acne on my chin sometimes but I don't say anything to her about it, I just kinda let it go.

I guess it's not the same as sisters but my acne doesn't really affect my relationship with them.

Guest Marino

Only my lil' sis had what i would call mild acne.

The rest would get the occasional spot every fortnight or month.

It sucks, because there was no one giving me advice at an early age which should of happened conisdering i have 3 older siblings.

But i did pass on my antiobiotics to my sister [i recomended she bring it up next time she was at the doc] and i feel like i've contributed.

To say they had acne as bad as me would be a horrible/selfish thing to say,

i just wish they more understanding. My brother tells me to get outa the house and if i told him i'm "self councious" about my skin looking like crap he'd probably drop me or something.

My older sister isn't any better, she always makes fun of me when she comes into my room and notices my cleansers, face masks ect which i use to keep my acne away.

My other brother is more mature, though he'd still probably laugh if i told him why i've been feeling down lately.

I think acne is not only something obvious to the world, but its also a very embarasing problem which alot of people dont understand. I wouldn't care if some random person off the street didn't understand, but not my own flesh and blood doubt.gif

It's completly understandable that you might feel a bit jealous towards your sister every now and again. Don't worry about it - you don't sound evil! cool.gif She sounds incredibly lucky to be modelling for lacoste and everything-thats pretty amazing. I'm sure you have some very good qualities though that she is envious off sometimes , like your dancing for one thing biggrin.gif

It sounds like you both have a really good relationship. The fact that she dumped that ass of a boyfriend the very next day after he was a dick to you shows how highly she thinks of you.

My little sister who has just turned 14 has recently started getting mild acne- I can help her so much though because I know what cleared me up and as she's my sister-it works for her. So I guess it would be a lot worse for her if I had always been perfectly clear. My older brother always had perfect skin so I had no help at all-took me about 4 years before I found this place for advice rolleyes.gifeusa_angel.gif

Guest Marino

yea but he never posts there.

Start a commuism thread aleady, i'm up for a good adult debate.

The lounge needs a little "pick me up" this time of year anyway.

Guest Marino

Will do, although i doubt it will be very popular! you right or left wing marino?

Yep I go back Tuesday- I'm looking forward to it actually- seeing everyone again shoild be cool. cool.gif I reckon I will be lucky enough to become a vet member soon though- i have over 100 posts- just need to wait until I've been here for 30 days- you won't be superier for much longer mister lol.gif

Party in a london club eh- pretty cool I must say smile.gif I'm planning on doing something big for my 18th but I have a lot longr to wait than you unfortunatly sad.gif

Will do, although i doubt it will be very popular! you right or left wing marino?

Ok i'l start something now smile.gif, i love argueing...i mean ummm debating! Be quiet amie and let the veterans talk wink.gif

Hope college goes well!