Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

Cheer UP: A Positive Post

Hi Guys,

I thought i'd post a positive message. Since stopping the Retin A and the antibiotic topical the derm gave me 3 weeks ago, i've been 99% clear. The 3 big nodules went away. My regime is this: I scrub hard with the Proactive cleanser at night and then put the repairing lotion. I don't wash my face in the morning and I just apply makeup. So far, so good. My face is peeling a little but I want to get those f'n scars out. So, I don't mind any peeling. My face feels so soft from the proactiv. Now, with that said, we'll see how this month goes and how back to school treats my androgens but i'm feeling good at this very second, so I guess that's something to celebrate. I'd like to think that the proactiv is helping me somehow or that the post-tane breakout is over.

God bless. I send positive energy your way smile.gif

Luv,

GO

I'm glad something is apparently working for you...though hearing "scrub hard" in reference to the face always makes me cringe a little... doubt.gif

where's the positive energy smilie...something that looks like its throwing a fireball your way would suffice...

best of luck... biggrin.gif

Incredibly uplifted to hear that things are going better for you! I was sending you all kinds of healing vibes, but I won't take credit. wink.gif

I hope it continues for you!

Goldie

Hi Guys,

I thought i'd post a positive message. Since stopping the Retin A and the antibiotic topical the derm gave me 3 weeks ago, i've been 99% clear. The 3 big nodules went away. My regime is this: I scrub hard with the Proactive cleanser at night and then put the repairing lotion. I don't wash my face in the morning and I just apply makeup. So far, so good. My face is peeling a little but I want to get those f'n scars out. So, I don't mind any peeling. My face feels so soft from the proactiv. Now, with that said, we'll see how this month goes and how back to school treats my androgens but i'm feeling good at this very second, so I guess that's something to celebrate. I'd like to think that the proactiv is helping me somehow or that the post-tane breakout is over.

Luv,

GO

I started it 8 weeks after accutane. I didn't have any new lesions till I started that crap. I say, if your skin is clear when you're off accutane, don't do anything but a simple cleanse smile.gif Good luck smile.gif

That's great to hear that you're clear. Sometimes you just have to experiment to see what works. And sometimes it does seem that all the topicals just make things worse.

Hey hey! Yay for the positive post! Your routine is almost exactly like mine, except I wash with the Proactiv cleanser in the morning too. I'm fighting one last PMS blemish right now, but it's on its way out...otherwise my face looks quite good right now! Let's keep up the post-Tane clearness biggrin.gif

Mae

eusa_clap.gifYAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! eusa_clap.gif

I have been using Dan's BP at night after I wash my face and have been doing well with that. I am so happy to hear that you are doing better!! Thats the best new that I have heard in a while!

Cass

Thanks you guy!!! I can't tell you how much your support means to me. I discovered one nodule today but still...that's nothing to complain about smile.gif

I'm looking forward to the dermabrasion, excision, incision, subscission poo poo vision, lol. Kidding. I'm ready for the ultimate makeover when the time comes. I'm so excited. I'm gonna look like more of a hottie than before this all happened smile.gif cuz I have a new outlook !!! smile.gif

I"ll continue to check in. How are you all doing?

Luv,

GO

Hi Guys,

Luv,

GO