Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spimples

Seabuckthorn

Dear Farago,

I read on the board somewhere that you take seabuckthorn capsules...I am visiting toronto now and was hoping to pick up some from a chinese herbalist (would this be the right place?!) In anycase, I tried asking them for it in English but they have no idea what it is unless I tell them in Chinese...?!!! Is there a chinese name or website that I could print out the chinese name?! I am extremely interested because I also remember you said that it greatly aids in bruising etc.? Did you break out from taking it initially?

I appreciate all your input and help in this matter! Congrats on getting clear!

I'm not chinese but I think it's called "shaji". It's also reffered as Hippophae rhamnoides. First of all I only take may 10-15% of it internally.The rest I squeeze out to a small container and apply it to my face and leave it there for around 7-12 hours. This is a natural herb, it will not cause you to break out initially. There is absolutely no irritation but it does feel like there's honey stuck to your face especially the first hour after applying it. But luckily I am asian and it hides well with my skin, so after 15 minutes applying it I can actually go out in public.

Taken internally it'll help your digestive system which will help your general skin from head to toe. But taken externally, it'll promote faster skin regeneration, combat wrinkles, burns, redness etc.

It did wonders for curing all my active acne when I started using it four months ago and it healed the red marks from them quickly. Also any new spots I got from the first two months would disappear in days. That's because my skin was still in the healing proccess, but I still have marks from October-January that I know only time will cause it fade. After two months using them I reduced it to one application a day, and I might stop when school starts next week.

But finally, I'm not saying this is a cure for acne. I still believe that the main reason my acne stopped is because I went vegan(no meat, no dairy) and stopped eating any junk food.

Thanks so much for your quick reply Farago. I will go check it out again. Will also consider making modifications in diet...have also cut out red meat and dairy. It is hard to cut out all meat though as I have a tendency to be anemic and is difficult to find the proper proteins...

Hi again Farago!

Do you happen to know the location of the store where your DAd bought the capsules...am in TO for a little longer...went asking for SHAJI and just got a bunch of really weird looks...

sorry about all these questions again Farago...

Came across the Canadian Saebuckthorn.com website...they have an acne program...what do you think about all those pillsand creams and teas!?