Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nevermind

Moisturize after Retin-A ?

I'm using retin-a cream at the moment and wonder if it's OK to slap on some moisturizer say 20 minutes after the cream... or is that a big no-no? I've been using it for about a week without moisturizing afterwards.

They say dont use it in the crease of your nose, is that where your nose meets your cheek? My skin is always red and filled with shit right there and it would be nice to clear that up.

The info sheet also says dont use it on your nose. My doc prescribed it specifically for my nose... wacko.gif anyway I'm using it on my shnoz, chin, upper lip and near the corners of my mouth (retin-a micro website suggests against that).

Should I bother my doc for retin-a micro instead of the cream?

Called up and got an appointment with a derm today.. for the 21st Jan 2006! shock.gifevil.gif

Yeah you can moisturize after using retin a, but wait an hour after applying retin a to do so. But remember that this may cause the retin a to be less effective. I usually moisturize after retin a if my skin is really dry.

Also if you're using retin a on your nose or the creases and not getting any irritation, then it's perfectly fine. Just remember to use sunscreen!

I apply Retin-A Micro at night, wash it off in the morning (along with any shed skin), then moisturize with that Purpose noncomedogenic stuff. I'm willing to bet applying anything to your face while wearing any topical acne treatment will make it less effective.

I use Tazorac which is stronger than Retin A and I apply moisturizer about 15-20 minutes after putting it on. This is working great for me.