Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solemnity

afraid of using tetracycline...

i just went to the derm for the first time, and she prescribed some tetracycline as well as 2 topicals for me. im so scared to use it because ive heard that it can make you break out even worse before it gets better. i cant bear that at all. especially since school starts in five days. i should be getting it by mail any day now. i cant bear to break out even worse. id rather just use some stupid little store bought thing than this. im so afraid of using it, and have cried so much about it. ive told my mom im afraid, but she says thats silly (shes never had acne, and thinks that its nuts for me to be so scared. she doesnt understand the pain acne brings). My dad used it, and he said it worked well for him, and never broke out worse. But i wouldnt put it past my bad skin to get awful. if it gets bad, i swear i wont leave my house. i cant stand it anymore, its driving me insane. im sorry im ranting, but its hard to keep inside. plz tell me ur results with this product. thanks.

I just started, but so far everything has gotten better. No pimples since I began. Give it a shot, from what I can tell only the minority have problems, they just complain really loud and scare the crap out of the rest of us.

Just don't stay on it too long, and stop as soon as you notice any side-effects (like a red face).

Good luck.

Im been on it for about a week and a bit now, no innitial breakout thus far. Just follow the directions exaclty and take it on an empty stomach and dont lay down after you take it for 30 minutes. Lots of people say it doesnt work but more say that it does. Good luck

hey thanks both of u for ur advice. sorry i was like nuts before lol. i was freaking out because i heard about it only a few minutes before, and it just made me break down. im going to try to be hopeful, and it is true that not everyone will break out. also, no offense, but some ppl on here overexaggerate and scare the hell out of us, so i wont worry about it. ill come back with results. i should be starting anyday now.