Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I STARTED USING ACCUTANE ABOUT 5 DAYS AGO. I KNOW I SHOULD BE HAPPY BECAUSE I MIGHT FINALLY GET RID OF MY ACNE, BUT IM KIND OF WORRIED. DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF ACCUTANE TREATS THOSE RED SPOTS YOU GET AFTER EACH PIMPILE GOES AWAY? IM PRETTY SURE THAT THEY ARENT SCARS, BUT THEY WONT GO AWAY! I'M ALSO WORRIED THAT ACCUTANE WONT WORK FOR ME BECAUSE IM TAKING A SMALL DOSE - 20 M. ONCE A DAY. IM REALLY WORRIED ANS SCAED. IM AFRAID THAT I WILL HAVE SCARS FOREVER. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?? cry.gif

It wont heal red marks no so scroll around the red marks forum for a suitable regimen. I recommend you use Milk Thistle or Burdock Root supplements after accutane to revitilise your liver.

Good luck

I used to get drunk while on accutane, and I used to pick up girls when It got rid of my acne..

I was addicted to that drug cos it kinda gave me a little joy in life, then I stopped taking it, and I got these marks... which never went.

I was on a low dose at the beginning of the year,but eventually my acne returned,now I'm on it for 3 months again.I seriously need to fix my scars though.....

Right matey basically i was on accutane 2 years ago and it got rid of my acne 4 1 year then it came back - BUT i am now on the pill which is working very well I started on dianette and am now on cilest PLEASE DO NOT PANIC i am sure accutane will cure ur acne (in 80 % of ppl i was told) if not there is the pill etc Most people seem 2 have good responses to acccutane Please keep on tyring it and don't think negative thoughts

Maybe your doctor is starting u on a low dose 2 get used 2 it? But why not ask him? I was on 60mg I think a day because i weighed 60kg You should ask him if you have a query.

I am currently trying 2 sort out scarring I thought I would have acne for life but it is getting better so please do not worry the best thing is to try thgs stick at them as ur doc says then review ur treatment

I still have red patches - but im not worried cos i thk over months they should go so they aren't an issue - if not there will always be ways to tackle them - i moisturise alot - i thk tghat helps my skin stay supple and heal

Good Luck with your treatment - and please DO NOT give it up you must stick at it!

Ok, heres the deal, im on my 2nd course of Accutane right now, and tommarow I start on my 6th month (last month)

right now, im basically clear, with the exception of razor bumps i get from shaving....

but um like a few said, it will clear up your pimples, and prevent any new ones, but the red marks will stay. most derms say that they will clear up naturally after accutane is over and dealt with.

But yeah, hang in there, and I can tell you right now it's not going to be a smooth road from here on out. Lot's of mood swings, bleeding noses, dryness!!, muscle aches, etc etc. And also, anticipate the breakout phase, mine lasted about 3 weeks, luckily it was during summer, so im glad that's over now. Once you pass about month 3, then it should pretty much be a smooth road from there...with very few breakouts, and or pimples.

Good luck!