Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amandakay_6

Feel Like I Have Nothing Else to Try...

I'm really down and out right now...I feel like there's nothing else left for me to try...so I just have to cover my breakouts and face the day. The derm probably won't give me accutane...because it's not "bad enough"...and the birth control isn't working...but everyone tells me ..."give it more time"...but I can't help but to feel down about it...I've tried using proactiv...murad...and pretty much anything you can get over the counter....I just feel so bad about myself right now...I'm in college...most girls are over their skin problems...if they ever had any at all....I feel like a freak at times...or, as strange as it sounds, not as mature as my peers...just because I have the problems of a 13 year old...I just wish I could fix this...it feels like all this has been a race...and I'm never going to reach my goal...I feel like I'm going to fall on my face...and how jealous I am is very sad...I just see people with perfect skin and I get MAD...and that's so sad...I never thought I would get to that point....but I'm there....well, I feel a little better...thanks for letting me vent...

Guest Marino

What products and treatment have you tried besies the birth control pills?

we're all at this point, eventually. have you tried dan's regimen? it's worked wonders for a lot of people on this board. if that fails, you can always give accutane a shot (if you can convince the derm to let you take it.) good luck with whatever you do, and hang in there! so many options are available. just browse the "over-the'counter" forum and you'll find something that works for you

I'm in the same boat as you.

All you can do though..is be confident as fuck. That's what I'm doing now. I walk through the school thinking I'm the sexiest thing alive. I don't know, I feel more confident that way. I make sure my hair is always nice, and I smell real good. Wear real nice clothes. That's about all you can do really.

Just hang in there.

real sorry what you're dealing with Amanda, stay cool though and try not to stress.

Oh, and if you must.. DEMAND accutane.

Some dermatologists do prescribe Accutane if the acne is persistent and there is nothing else that apparently works for it, which is why it's good to go to a dermatologist who knows your acne history. If you are, then you can try discussing it with him, and see what he has to say about it too. Good luck!

Thank you everyone...maybe by six months the birthcontrol will kick in...(that's what everyone tells me) and just maybe I will run into a good face wash that will control my breakouts...Even though I really would like to give up...I see that it would be a waste...I've made it this far...why give up the battle? Acne is not going to take me down...

I really recommend that you try the Regimen as well, it's not expensive and it's safer than Accutane. I used bcp's to control my acne for years and when I came off them (at 28) guess what, my skin was worse than ever. It's much better to find a topical regimen that works for you, and if the derm says your acne is not bad enough for Accutane then you're probably a good candidate for the Regimen.