Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I am in search of the perfect lip balm.  I have used so many and still I suffer every day from chapped lips!  Can anyone reccommend some good lip products?

I know how you feel! My whole life I've had chapped lips, and nothing worked well at all! Even using Vaseline every night didn't really work all that great. But then there was a thread on here that people were all recommending Aquaphor ointment, so I bought some....and it works fantastic!!! I use it every single night now, and it helps SO MUCH! It doesn't come in a little chapstick tube, it's in a bigger one. It has the constancy of Vaseline. But seriously, get it and use it every night and you'll see a big difference.

I use "burt's bees beeswax lip balm" and I love it wub.gif but there lip balm with sun block lives your lips white! the the other is really good

This is what really helped me when my lips were really chapped:

Every morning and night, wet a section of a washcloth with warm water and put that between your lips for 30 seconds or so (like how people blot their lipstick). Wipe off any dead skin. Lather your lips with Vaseline and leave it there for about 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, wipe the Vaseline off and use a good lip balm (Neutrogena makes a good one). After a few days of doing this morning and night, your lips should feel a lot better. I would do this in between steps for the Regimen. Hope this helps!

Guest ldanielle

Vaseline? The one with Aloe Vera? Normal one is great as well but the Aloe Vera one just seems to smell a little better to me. I've tried LOADS of lip balms over the years but always go back to using this, it seems to be the best.

i have used aquaphor before (tip- if you like it, look for a travel size that will work perfectly in place of a lip balm) and it does work pretty well... for me, everything seems to work ok, and then i have to move onto something else because my lips become dry again.

i also want to find a day time lip balm that has sunscreen, because tons of people get cancer on their lips!!

This is what really helped me when my lips were really chapped:

Every morning and night, wet a section of a washcloth with warm water and put that between your lips for 30 seconds or so (like how people blot their lipstick).  Wipe off any dead skin.  Lather your lips with Vaseline and leave it there for about 2 minutes.  After 2 minutes, wipe the Vaseline off and use a good lip balm (Neutrogena makes a good one).  After a few days of doing this morning and night, your lips should feel a lot better.  I would do this in between steps for the Regimen.  Hope this helps!