Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dishes

Lotion on Eye Lids

I've always put lotion on my eyelids, because they alway feel dry. I didn't think anything of it, but someone told me thats probably not a good thing to do. I am NOT putting BP there, just lotion. I am using Cetaphil lotion. What are you alls opinions?

Lotion on the eyelids or around the eyes is just fine...it will not harm you...in fact I find it essential. I live in a very dry climate and can't live without my lotion. I also use Cetaphil. The skin around the eyes is extra delicate and needs the added protection of sunscreen or you will wrinkle at a younger age. So lotion away...just NEVER use BP anywhere near your eyes (which you haven't, so it's all good)

smile.gif

Lotion on the eyelids or around the eyes is just fine...it will not harm you...in fact I find it essential. I live in a very dry climate and can't live without my lotion. I also use Cetaphil. The skin around the eyes is extra delicate and needs the added protection of sunscreen or you will wrinkle at a younger age. So lotion away...just NEVER use BP anywhere near your eyes (which you haven't, so it's all good)

smile.gif

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

If I don't put lotion on my eyelids they get really dry. The only lotion that's worked is Curel Ultra healing. My eyelids was a drness mess before I started doing that.

Guest TylerD

I would never put it on eye lids. If you sweat it will leak down into your eye and could cause some serious burning.

i don't know if i'm a special case or anythng but putting lotion on my eyelids makes it red and stinging. i'm glad surewhatever here recommended vasiline jelly because that has been working nicely.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Curel is the only thing that doesn't get in my eyes and sting. I tried five different moisturizers including vaseline and they all stung except vaseline which got in my eyes and clouded my vision. It also made my eyes water and didn't eyen help with the dryness.

Curel is the only thing that doesn't get in my eyes and sting. I tried five different moisturizers including vaseline and they all stung except vaseline which got in my eyes and clouded my vision. It also made my eyes water and didn't eyen help with the dryness.

I don't think the Cetaphil gets in my eyes even if I sweet. So if it doesn't get in your eyes it should be dangerous. If it does get in your eyes is that really bad?

I would personally never use face moisturizer on my eyelids or too close to my eyes. Most companies will tell you not to use it near the eyes. There are so many eye creams out there so why not get one of those, they are apparently more moisturizing anyway. I use Aquaphor near my eyes at night and use Kiehl's eye stick with spf 30 in the day.

luck you. i accidentally got some bp on my eyelids and the corner's of my eye. and it gets really really dry and it burns! i think it's mainly cuz ur eyelids and the corners of ur eye don't produce as much oil as the rest of your face. and this is also the same for the corner of your mouth. i got some bp on there, and it burns!

I would personally never use face moisturizer on my eyelids or too close to my eyes.  Most companies will tell you not to use it near the eyes.  There are so many eye creams out there so why not get one of those, they are apparently more moisturizing anyway.  I use Aquaphor near my eyes at night and use Kiehl's eye stick with spf 30 in the day.

A nice eye refreshing gel is..........Elemis bright eyes moisturising gel. It works pretty well and your eyes feel nice and fresh.

However, the downfall is the cost.

£38.00 GBP. GRRRRRRRR.

Regards

J.

Although the eye area does tend to be more prone to allergic or sensitizing reactions and often shows wrinkles before other areas of the face, it turns out that product formulations for eye creams don't differ from those for face products. There is no evidence, research, or documentation validating the claim that eye creams have special formulations setting them apart from other facial moisturizers. It only takes a quick look at the ingredient labels of any moisturizer or eye moisturizer to see that they don't differ except for the price and the tiny containers the eye creams come in. Eye creams are a whim of the cosmetics industry designed to evoke the sale of two products when only one is needed.

The only time you might want to use a different product around the eyes is if the skin there happens to indeed be different from the skin on the rest of the face. For example, if your face is normal to oily and doesn't require a moisturizer except occasionally on the cheeks or around the eyes, then an emollient, well-formulated moisturizer of any kind will work beautifully.

Ironically, one of the drawbacks of many so-called eye creams is that they rarely contain sunscreen. For daytime, that makes most eye creams a serious problem for the health of skin. You could believe that you were doing something special for your eyes, but you would actually be putting them at risk of sun damage and wrinkling by using an eye cream without sunscreen. This is another example of the way cosmetics marketing and misleading information can waste your money and hurt your skin.

taken from here

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=54

Although the eye area does tend to be more prone to allergic or sensitizing reactions and often shows wrinkles before other areas of the face, it turns out that product formulations for eye creams don't differ from those for face products. There is no evidence, research, or documentation validating the claim that eye creams have special formulations setting them apart from other facial moisturizers. It only takes a quick look at the ingredient labels of any moisturizer or eye moisturizer to see that they don't differ except for the price and the tiny containers the eye creams come in. Eye creams are a whim of the cosmetics industry designed to evoke the sale of two products when only one is needed.

The only time you might want to use a different product around the eyes is if the skin there happens to indeed be different from the skin on the rest of the face. For example, if your face is normal to oily and doesn't require a moisturizer except occasionally on the cheeks or around the eyes, then an emollient, well-formulated moisturizer of any kind will work beautifully.

Ironically, one of the drawbacks of many so-called eye creams is that they rarely contain sunscreen. For daytime, that makes most eye creams a serious problem for the health of skin. You could believe that you were doing something special for your eyes, but you would actually be putting them at risk of sun damage and wrinkling by using an eye cream without sunscreen. This is another example of the way cosmetics marketing and misleading information can waste your money and hurt your skin.

taken from here

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/article....EFER=SKIN&ID=54