Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guitarrasara

Sara's Second Week

I am not sure if I am posting this correctly- I'm just trying to create a log so I can keep track of my progress. Part of the hard part of dealing with acne is knowing that you have to wait to see results, and often your skin gets worse before it gets better! I think writing about my progress and reading about others who suffer from acne will help me to take it one day at a time.

I have been trying to get on accurtane for 3 years now! (and I have been suffering from acne since I was 13, and I'm now 21) I have gone through so many doctors and they've all steered me through alternate aveneus. Some of them have worked, some of them haven't. With everything I have tried, my acne tends to come back about 6 months after stopping oral medication. And it always comes back worse! Mutant Acne!

Anyway... I have been using Tazorac for about a month, and began to apply it nightly this week. I have very sensitive skin, so I applied it once a week at first, then twice a week, then every other night. Hopefully now that I am using it every day I won't get too dry!

I am concerned about taking Septra. Obviously, I can't be on an antibiotic my whole life. I fear that even if I do clear up, when I stop taking Septra I will end up back where I am right now!

Birth Control helps a little, and I will be starting that in about a week...

And, I've just ordered some BP after reading about Dan's Regimin. I am hoping to slowly start incorporating BP so that when I am ready to stop taking antibiotics, I might be able to stop my skin from breaking out... We'll see!

So far, I seem to be improving a little. I hope I will be even more clear in a week.