Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you get any kind of support from acne.org?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Do you get any kind of support from acne.org?

• YES, DEFINITELY
    • YES, A LITTLE
    • NO, NOT MUCH
    • NO, NONE

Some of us mods are just wondering how much this site is helping you guys on the support side of things. smile.gif Let us know how ya feel

thanks

the level of support you receive is directly proportional to the level of whinging or crying that you do lol.gif

well, it's a good place to come to let out a rant because where else can you post these things ?

Infact, I feel one coming up right now.

same, i didn't have much clue what i was doing, and I didn't know if what I was doing would work. I was relying on what doctors told me, and I felt at a loss. This site has opened up a lot of different hopes for me, and for the first time I feel optimistic about my skin. I never used to talk about my skin much, because there was noone I could really relate to. But now I feel so much better, and a lot more confident about my situation. biggrin.gif

The regimen itself on this site has helped me AMAZINGLY-thanks soooooo much biggrin.gif

As for the message boards, they help me quite a lot. I mean, we are all going through the same thing so that's comforting- but at the same time, it's not like meeting real people here.

Just typing isn't the same as talking. Although, when you have really bad skin, it's lovely to be judged by what you say and think rather than what your face looks like. So in that respect, acne.org is the best place ever for support and advice when you feel unconfident about the way you look.

I sometimes feel lonely though even with acne.org. It's like because I haven't ever seen anyone here, a stupid part of me doesn't register that so many other people really do have experience with the problems I have been through. Sorry for waffling on- i can't really explain what I'm getting at very easily lol.gif

Guest Tempest

I think this site gives loads of support...plus it's a nice place to go to hang out and de- stress...

This site does nothing but 1) amuse me at a very boring job, 2) make me feel sorry for some of you that are letting your acne ruin your life, and occassionally 3) make me feel somewhat depressed because you make your acne to out to be this HHHUUUGGGEEEE problem, so I think that it is a huge problem for me, but then I return to reality.

This site does nothing but 1) amuse me at a very boring job, 2) make me feel sorry for some of you that are letting your acne ruin your life, and occassionally 3) make me feel somewhat depressed because you make your acne to out to be this HHHUUUGGGEEEE problem, so I think that it is a huge problem for me, but then I return to reality.

I'm glad you guys find it helpful for the most part. smile.gif

And Trizznain, in a couple of weeks you'll be a veteran member, and then you can come shoot the shit in the Lounge... I think you'll enjoy that more. wink.gif

I keep hearing about this lounge. What is so good about it? And how many more posts do I need?

Unfortunately though I don't know how much longer I'll be around. The main reason I am here so much is because I have a job in which I do nothing but surf the net. But, alas, I am finished on Friday and off to school next Thursday so I don't know if I will still frequent this site. Although it is a good information resource, but I certainly won't be as active.

you need 100 posts and 30 days of membership. the lounge isn't all that, but it is kinda fun and less emotionally intense than this forum (of course).

yeah, it used to be open to everyone but there were some problems with people spamming so it got changed a little while ago.

Definitely.

Not only I get to meet other people in the same situation, this site provides as a great source of information.

Also the Lounge is pretty fun at times eusa_dance.gif

that's cool, i think this site helped me a lot and i made a lot of good net buddies here. Place can be tough to mod but worth it to help out people who really need it.

I already have way over 100 posts and I joined about 28 days ago now or something like that. Veteran member here I come!!! lol.gif The lounge always sounds cool- it's like a forbidden fruit coz I can't get in yet-makes it even more appealing! lol smile.gif