Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ballackkaka

unsure whether to continue regimen

hi guys. just wnted to run something past you. I was on B5 for over a year with great results but then kinda stopped workin past 2 months so came to this regimen. It's 3 weeks since I started and this is wats happened. First day or two cleared up any existing pimples (i have very mild acne) and didnt get any new ones. By day 3 face was red and felt hot. Sure enough days 4-7 was just total peeling everywhere id put the bp (only used 1/3 finger as stated). The destroyed skin that was peelin off was dark in colour so you could tell skin had been burnt. During day 4-7 didnt use any bp cos was dealing with all this depressing peeling. After id peeled started the bp again slowly from 1/6 finger up to three days ago where was using bout 1/4 finger. Anyway three days ago felt my skin becoming really tight and sure enough yesterday and today its round 2 of peeling everywhere where the bp has been. Again it's 'complete' peeling i.e. all skin flakes off revealing lighter skin underneath but this time it wasnt as bad in that the skin flakin off didnt have that burnt colour/look. Should have fully peeled off by end of tomorrow but during this time just wondering whether to continue (please dont be biased; i know that one round of peeling is 'normal' but not sure about two particularly when using 1/4 index finger 2.5% panoxyl bp). In terms of results, its difficult to say cos the few spots that form could be doing so during the periods where im flaking and therefore not applying any bp (like at the moment). I did notice just now that when washing my face my forehead texture is really smooth and feels perfect like a baby's would for example i.e. no feeling of teeney bumps

thanks a lot

K thanks. Any other comments/suggestions would be appreciated. Perhaps similar stories or ideas. I was thinking this morning when I really noticed I was peeling all over again that I would come off bp completely. I would just let my face peel and after it returned to normal would start back on the b5 and hope it works again - seems weird that something that worked brilliantly for so long would all of a sudden stop working.

Hmm...so you're using only 1/4 finger's (and sometimes less) worth of 2.5% bp and your skin is burning like crazy? Did you use a good bit of moisturizer? Did that moisturizer, if you used it, have SPF? If you didn't use moisturizer, or if it didn't have SPF, did you go out into the sun for a lengthy period of time? That could definitely burn your skin, man. Is your skin dry normally? Could you just be ultra-sensitive to the bp?

I use a whole finger's worth of 5% bp (Because that was the least amount of bp that would actually cover my entire face...it was okay to start on, anyway. It didn't kill my skin hehe.) on my entire face along with about one finger's worth of moisturizer with SPF. I just started the Regimen a few days ago and my face does still burn a bit from the bp, and also dries out a good bit in some places, despite the generous application of moisturizer, but I haven't shedded lots of skin, nor has any of that dead skin been darker than the skin already on my face.

Yes I was in the sun quite a bit for two days because was playing football (2 hours on one day and 7 hours on the next!). This could explain it i guess. By the way - what's SPF do anyway?

Thanks

Yes I was in the sun quite a bit for two days because was playing football (2 hours on one day and 7 hours on the next!). This could explain it i guess. By the way - what's SPF do anyway?

Thanks