Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Testosterone

What cleared/is clearing your acne?

Share what you did/are doing to clear your acne. For me it was basically don't drink any coke/pepsi anymore. Ate tons of fruits/vegi's. Stayed away from ALL dairy products besides butter. Benzaclin was a key factor though. Dan's regimen didn't help me at all. I was a mild to moderate acne sufferer.

PLEASE STATE WHAT YOU DID/ARE DOING TO CLEAR YOUR ACNE. ALSO STAY HOW SEVERE IT WAS. Thanks !

Accutane worked for me.

For some reason i stoped drinking milk, but when i do this again i notice i get zits again i think stop drinking milk was a big cause of reducing the acne in combination with accutane, nothing else worked for me.

Accutane worked for me.

For some reason i stoped drinking milk, but when i do this again i notice i get zits again i think stop drinking milk was a big cause of reducing the acne in combination with accutane, nothing else worked for me.

I just stopped using all cleansers. I wash twice a day with warm water, followed by cold water. I use very little moisturizer, and I think my face is getting used to it. I haven't used cleansers for over 3 weeks, and my skin looks great.

I just stopped using all cleansers. I wash twice a day with warm water, followed by cold water. I use very little moisturizer, and I think my face is getting used to it. I haven't used cleansers for over 3 weeks, and my skin looks great.

I'm clearing right now from just washing with water and a washcloth in the morning and water, purpose liquid soap and a wash cloth in the evening. Acne free except for a few clogged pores that were here to begin with, but those take a while to go away.

I completely cleared up from 10% Persagel, but broke out again when I changed to 2.5% Cleared up again on Panoxyl 10%, then broke out again.

Right now. Morning: I am scrubbing my face a little in the shower with no product, then put Panoxyl 10% on and rub ice cubes on my face. Pat dry.

Night: Steam my face (it still has leftover bp from morning) until it drips, apply 10% BP (Persagel or Panoxyl...I alternate), and rub ice cubes on my face.

My face is completely clear and looks good. It's not dry at all. It'll probably break out next week and I'll have to coat it with Persagel.

I have been eating alot of granola bars and going to the dang bathroom 5x a day. Who knows if that's helping but I do feel alot better:p

yup for me too it was stop drinking soda and drink tons of water instead. also just washing with a less harsh cleanser once a day.

right now retin-a, bp 5%, and minocycline is doing the trick it seems like but the redmarks and scars left over is going to be pretty severe.

Tea tree soap, witch hazel, aloe vera gel and neutrogena multivitamin acne moisturiser is working well for me. I only have a couple of pimples now which are from me picking/ squeezing where I shouldnt.

Stopping the use of harsh products has made all the difference in the world. Now I just wash with basis soap with a few drops of tea tree oil, moistruize and use jojoba oil mixed with tea tree oil at night and i'm 100% clear for the first time in 7 years.

i am 34 yr old and did not gets acne until i was in my mid 20's - i have tried everything - this is the best thing for me so far..............

i have mild but constant acne - and finding a solution has taken time not just to find but to work - you have to be patient and give whatever you are trying [unless it is causing damage] time to work

firstly - changing my diet [have done this since feb this year] lots of veg/fruit [have stayed away from oranges as found this to aggravate though we all react to things differently] lots of oily fish, brazil nuts, beans, at least 1.5 litres of water a day, chicken and turkey [turkey has zinc which is good for acne]. i take vitamins daily - zinc, b5 b12 and b complex, flaxseed oil

my cleaning regime -

morning daily

wash with 'simple' [the make] face wash and simple toner [if i have any spots then i use sudocrem] i wear no make-up at all and use just a bit of concealer applied with a small brush on any marks

before gym apply a thin layer of sudocrem - it acts as a barrier - after gym - just wash with simple face wash

evening - daily wash with simple face wash, tone with acv + if i have bad spots apply quinnoderm - if mild spots then sudocrem - if no spots then 100% aloe vera

2-3 times weekly if no active spots - scrub with bicarb of soda and then apply egg white/lemon face mask

all washing using cold water

my acne has not disappeared but it is under control and my skin looks so healthy that i can leave the house without wearing foundation - it has reduced the oil and i have virtually no blackheads

i hope any of this has been helpful

Retin-A 0.01% Gel and Benzoyl Peroxide 5% and Bactrim/Minocycline is doing the trick. The problem is my redmarks and scars.