Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dnoune

minocycline and dizziness

hey guys...i've been taking minocycline for about 1 week (after 5 weeks of doxycycline not working). i think it's really making me dizzy and woozy throughout the day. i take 100 mg in the a.m. and p.m. i take it with food so i don't feel the initial nausea, but come mid-morning i'm just generally dizzy. has anyone else experienced anything like this??

A day after I took it I felt like crap for several hours. I was dizzy, and nauseaus. But several hours later I was fine and have been fine ever since. It's one of the listed side effects.

hey guys...i've been taking minocycline for about 1 week (after 5 weeks of doxycycline not working).  i think it's really making me dizzy and woozy throughout the day.  i take 100 mg in the a.m. and p.m.  i take it with food so i don't feel the initial nausea, but come mid-morning i'm just generally dizzy.  has anyone else experienced anything like this??

Yeh, i got dizzy too for the first couple of weeks i was on minocycline. It does take a while for the improvements to come. The key is to stay consistent with the medication. My acne improved so much that when i finished the med i decided not to bother with anymore. I had no acne for several weeks, then it came back so im back on the meds. My acne isn't that bad i would class is as very mild acne. Improvements are likely to depend on how severe your acne is.

hey guys...i've been taking minocycline for about 1 week (after 5 weeks of doxycycline not working).  i think it's really making me dizzy and woozy throughout the day.  i take 100 mg in the a.m. and p.m.  i take it with food so i don't feel the initial nausea, but come mid-morning i'm just generally dizzy.  has anyone else experienced anything like this??

I have been taking it for three weeks now, and the first week it made me dizzy, Im still waiting for the improvment though.

Yeh, i got dizzy too for the first couple of weeks i was on minocycline. It does take a while for the improvements to come. The key is to stay consistent with the medication. My acne improved so much that when i finished the med i decided not to bother with anymore. I had no acne for several weeks, then it came back so im back on the meds. My acne isn't that bad i would class is as very mild acne. Improvements are likely to depend on how severe your acne is.

I started taking minocyclen two weeks ago, along with tazorac and a sulfer wash. My acne was moderate, but stubborn. I am in my early 30's. I haven't had a breakout since. However, I was serverly dizzy and felt out of whack for a few days. Then I had severe nausea and had to take a day off work. But now I'm totally fine. No side effects at all. Stick with it.

Yes, also, I have vomited as a result to taking it.

As well, I had gotten a Yeast Infection, which is not a pretty thing. Trust me.

A few things that were on a sheet given with my medication were:

-Do not lay down for 30 min

-Do not ingest milk products within 3 hours of taking it

-Do not eat 3 hrs before and 2rs after taking

the list goes on.

I am not currently taking it anymore, as I couldn't stand all of the restrictions (and had commitment issues) sometimes, when I look back, I almost wish I had gotten addicted!

Minocycline causes dizziness in a lot of female patients, and some men as well. I had to stop taking minocycline because of this, and some really nasty joint pain issues. Just unlucky, I guess- it's fine for most people.

Stick to it, but stop if it gets worse or doesn't get better after a few weeks. It isn't worth the side effects, there are plenty of alternatives!