Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

some people say "jerking off" causes acne, and some say it doesnt. all i gotta say is that they say acne starts at the hormones... . jerking off... what is more of hormones than that??? it doesnt cause it but it prolly helps it come out. then again.. its one of these type of deals.... for some people..... you probably NEED to jerk off to get clear skin... and for some.. if you jerk off you'll get a volcanic eruption on your face....... its like one of those things where accutane cleared most people up.... but just broke me out worse than ever before...... so in otherwords.......... choking your chicken could be facial hell for some people... and it could also be what you HAVE to do to keep your skin clear......... unfortunately for me i cant do it.

lets be honest... if it meant clear skin would you stop? could you stop?

i remember a guy who had a diary in the journal forum who gave up after a few days... those were the good ole' days.

It crossed my mind actually..... I think many of the men here had at one point.

But in my case.... I couldnt do it eusa_wall.gif

Puberty at its peak!

first off it's complete B.S. if you think that masturbation affects your acne. it simply isn't true. trust me...

on a side note, studies do show that men who ejaculate 5+ times a week are 30 or 40% less likely to have prostate cancer later on in life. with that said... go at it tongue.gif

first off it's complete B.S. if you think that masturbation affects your acne. it simply isn't true. trust me...

on a side note, studies do show that men who ejaculate 5+ times a week are 30 or 40% less likely to have prostate cancer later on in life. with that said... go at it tongue.gif

good god i am in trouble eusa_shifty.gif . ummmm, so prostate cancer is bad then eusa_doh.gif ?

Prostate cancer isn't good, hon.

I know it's hard to understand, but let's see if I can break it down for you, basic biology-wise.

At some point during adolescence, testosterone levels increase. This causes a multitude of changes, including a sex drive/libido/urge to masturbate. That same natural increase in testosterone can cause acne. It's not the sex or masturbation that causes acne - it's the testosterone, and whether you have sex or not, it's gonna be there. Okay? Testosterone can = acne. Testosterone also = increased sex drive. It shouldn't follow, then, that having sex or masturbating will give you acne. It's the other way around. Make sense?

:o)

Masturbation/Sex converts your testosterones into DHT. Many research show that excessive DHT leads to acne (Just type "DHT ACNE" on google). As long as you don't do it more than 3 times a week then your fine. Your better off just exercising to convert those testosterones to muscles instead. Besides, it's pretty much proven that excessive masturbation will lead to premature ejaculation and other issues that I won't touch that'll concern you in the future, especially if you start at a young age. And who wants that?

i personally think its the biggest pile of shit I've ever heard.

Firstly there is no 100% correlation between testosterone and acne, because for hells sakes women get acne too and they have very litle of it.

unless somone does a study or something I don't believe a thing of it. Masturbation or not, poeple are horny anyway, and who knows what hormone levels we really have anyway?

Guest Freak_Turbulence

Everyone should at least recognize the triviality of it. The only argument that possibly made sense was the one that stated testosterone was converted into another hormone that is conducive to acne. But even the reference for this argument was "Google it", which makes me think that it is probably as credible as taking massive doses of B5. But back to the triviality, I would think people would have gotten over saying "X causes acne" by now. If you're going to make a claim, at least recognize that it probably accounts for 0.01% of the explanation. If you want to have more credibility, then add other causes such as dietary ones, that you think may be contributing to your acne. And this becomes even more trivial when we recognize that acne is case by case, factors and solutions are usually different for different people. Pragmatism is dead.

I hear a lot of people saying this is nonsense without backing their claims up.

I think the appropriate answer is: it's within the realm of possibility.

Up to 5mg of zinc can be lost in each ejaculation (source: Wikipedia), which is a significant percentage of the RDA for zinc (the RDA being approximately 15mg). So if you masturbate too much, you can lose enough zinc to actually be zinc-deficient. It turns out that a symptom of zinc deficiency is... acne.

So I don't think it's as ridiculous as most people are saying. Is a zinc deficiency (due to masturbation) causing *your* acne? Who knows? Maybe it's a bunch of different factors. Talk to your doctor.

So if you masturbate too much, you can lose enough zinc to actually be zinc-deficient.

Hehe, I'm having a bit of trouble backing my own claims up. My previous respose could be bullshit... How ironic of me. *sigh*

Prostate cancer isn't good, hon.

I know it's hard to understand, but let's see if I can break it down for you, basic biology-wise.

:o)

i wish there was a sarcasm button on the forum...

anyways... even if it was proven that masturbation causes your legs to fall off 99.9% of guys would be walking about calling each other stumpy. ive tried to stop before. it just makes you want to do it more, its a painful experience fellas.

how bouts the women though? ive heard rumors that they masturbate too(although none will freely admit it in person). i wonder if when they masturbate it causes them to gain weight since thier body feels like it should be supporting a baby? (gotta love psudo-logic)

some people say "jerking off" causes acne, and some say it doesnt. all i gotta say is that they say acne starts at the hormones... . jerking off... what is more of hormones than that??? it doesnt cause it but it prolly helps it come out.  then again.. its one of these type of deals.... for some people..... you probably NEED to jerk off to get clear skin... and for some.. if you jerk off you'll get a volcanic eruption on your face....... its like one of those things where accutane cleared most people up.... but just broke me out worse than ever before......  so in otherwords.......... choking your chicken could be facial hell for some people... and it could also be what you HAVE to do to keep your skin clear......... unfortunately for me i cant do it.

oh plz...if that were true id have cystic acne by now lol.gif

natuerwild are you a girl?  well ur picss of a girl, lol anyway  damn i want a g/f like you!!

umm nevermind looool of cousre ur nota girl a girl would never say that ! oh well my bad. i was juts hoping some hot horny teenage girl was talking about masterbating.. umm ya lol

natuerwild are you a girl?  well ur picss of a girl, lol anyway  damn i want a g/f like you!!

Maybe not a good idea...remember ejaculating is bad for your acne wink.gif

Maybe not a good idea...remember ejaculating is bad for your acne wink.gif

its not a girl anyway... or whatever he /she could be !!

i did not jack off for 3 years and I had severe acne.

beat that.

zinc is good for skin, but just because semen has zinc in it it doesn't mean your body is deficient of it. Also, you have no evidence that lack of zinc ACTUALLY causes acne.