Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TyTyTy

5 wks in the regimen......

when i started the regimen..i was somewhat mild to moderate....i wanna really stick to the regimen because its so simple but i have no sign of improvement...it gets worse and worse every morning i wake up...im really considering Accutane since now my acne is moderate to severe................ahh i dont even know what to do......

when i started the regimen..i was somewhat mild to moderate....i wanna really stick to the regimen because its so simple but i have no sign of improvement...it gets worse and worse every morning i wake up...im really considering Accutane since now my acne is moderate to severe................ahh i dont even know what to do......

Hey I went through the exact same thing. I started with what I would consider moderate acne and it just continued to worsen until week 7 and 8 when out of nowhere I cleared up completely other than annoying red marks and have been quite clear since with the odd pimple here and there but nothing significant. If I was you I would try to wait it out a little longer. some people don't get results until about month 3. Keep being persistant and hopefully things will turn around!

Sometime it takes a while. But just to be sure, please post exactly what you do morning and evening, and what products you're using. Also, read http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html and write replies here to what you read there. Please be complete. We'll get to the bottom of it and make sure you are on the right track.

thanx for the replies

i do the same thing in the morning and evening

Wash face with Nuetrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

Wait a good 15 minutes

then put Eryth. & Benzoyl Peroxide (5%)

wait a good 10 minutes

then Eucerin Skin Renewal

i also take nature's cure pills but i dont use their cream

also within the 2nd wk of the regimen, i developed like 5 cysts on 1 side of my face and they're not going away but they do go down when i put alot of bp on it but not going away....also i wake up with a new pimple everyday...i got a few more cysts...its getting really bad and i just want to stop it from getting any worse...i dont kno but my mom said accutane has many side affects so she dont want me on it...

You are not on the regimen, so if this doesn't work, I would try the regimen. I can not give advice on prescriptions, but Erythromycin is an antibiotic. There are no antibiotics on the regimen. Also, the regimen calls for 2.5% benzoyl peroxide. If what you're currently using keeps breaking you out and not working you can always try the regimen.

I went through the same thing, woke up one morning and things werent getting any better and I just couldnt take it and wanted to go on accutane, but I continued on the regimen and are now seeing some incourageble results. Stick with it.