Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amcgill

application of mineral make-up

I am so excited as I just got my samples from veggiegirl. Thank veggiegirl!! Anyways I was reading the instructions and I am wondering what a flocked sponge is? I definitly need more than light coverage and I want to make sure I do it right. Can someone let me know and if you have any other pointers please let me know!!!

Quick question as I am a bit confused now (sponges in the UK aren't labelled as 'flocked sponges') I've been putting my make up on with a sponge made with the same sort of latexy material as the wedges you can buy. Is that a flocked sponge? Or is a flocked sponge more like the fabric covered disc you use to apply powder? It's hard to tell from the picture.

Quick question as I am a bit confused now (sponges in the UK aren't labelled as 'flocked sponges')  I've been putting my make up on with a sponge made with the same sort of latexy material as the wedges you can buy.  Is that a flocked sponge?  Or is a flocked sponge more like the fabric covered disc you use to apply powder?  It's hard to tell from the picture.

Thanks Trouble.  Do you happen to know where to buy them?  I looked at Walmart today but they didn't have anything other than regular make-up wedges.  There was a lot of empty spots though so maybe they were just out.  If I can't find one will a make-up wedge work or not really?

Thanks! At least I have a starting point - the powder disc thing I have is actually a velour type texture, rather than a 'puff' as such. I don't remember seeing anything else with that kind of texture, so maybe that's it?

Does anyone know if you can buy them in the UK?

Guest mishmosh

Flocked sponges are for sale in DIY shops in the UK if that helps!!!

It is an american term I think

We call them 'flat make up sponges'

Good old fashioned English!

I use a brush on some bits of my face, but need heavier coverage on other areas - that's why I need the sponge as well. Had a quick look around and found a body shop sponge on ebay that looks similar, so I'll go in and have a look at it next time I'm in town.

Well I tried the MMU this morning and I definitely love how it feel so light on my skin. I just used the brush method which didn't quite cover all the red marks but evened everything out. I think my problem as usual will be to color match. I wish someone could just look at you and say you are this color and it was as simple as that. I'll try a different shade tomorrow and see how that goes.

I asked sales reps at Shoppers Drug Mart, if they had a flocked sponge and they have never heard of such a thing and seemed hard to pronounce eusa_wall.gif

Where in Ottawa, ON can I buy a flocked sponge? I don't mind buying online, too.

A flocked sponge is a washable fabric covered sponge-they are very soft & gentle on your skin, and don't overly absorb. Jane Iredale carries a quality one-can be purchased anywhere that sells Jane Iredale ($5.50 @ www.dermstore.com).

Hope that helps! smile.gif

Guest mishmosh

ahhhhhhhhh penny drops. i know the ones