Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok we heard this fact pretty often, but I don't think anyone has ever gone in-depth to see if it really clears your acne long term.

I think it would be really cool if we could find someone selling ocean water in places such as ebay, an online site, or local pet store (they tend to have it for fish).

Is anyone willing to try washing their face with ocean water for about a week along with some sun exposure to test out thist theory many people claimed to have cleared their acne?

(btw, mixing ocean salt with plain water is not the same, the salt is not the only substance that may be hellping, there are many great nutrients absorbed in the ocean - but salt does have strong anti-bacterial properties so that might work as well.)

I would try it but my skin is getting better every day. If for some resin it stops (I hope not eusa_pray.gif ) I’ll give it a try! If you can remind me in about a week I’ll see how my skin is doing.

Oh, about 2 summers ago I had really bad acne on my shoulders. Anyway I moved to the beach and went in the ocean about 3-5 times a week, my shoulders cleared up so much! Now my shoulder almost never get acne, just a zit here and there not to bad or anything biggrin.gif

Hum, I was thinking, I could add ocean water into what I’m doing now, but the only thing is I would have no way to know if it was the water or something else that I’m doing. I’ll try it, let me know what you think about trying it with other stuff

Ahh, the old ocean water topic. I live ~15 miles away from the beach here on LI. Let me tell you the first time I went in the water this summer it did wonders on my skin. But after the 2nd and 3rd tri[s in going in the water figuring the salt water would help my face it really didn't do anything. What it did do was dry up my skin and I got more break outs.

Ahh, the old ocean water topic. I live ~15 miles away from the beach here on LI. Let me tell you the first time I went in the water this summer it did wonders on my skin. But after the 2nd and 3rd tri[s in going in the water figuring the salt water would help my face it really didn't do anything. What it did do was dry up my skin and I got more break outs.

some ppl believe ocean water has a great impact on acne. It really helps ! Personaly I do also think is great. I've tried it... BUT IS NOT A CURE.

ive tried it and heres what ive been doing...take some sea salt (yes salt straight from the sea..some groceries have them) and mix it with some water in a spray bottle...every evening i spray some of the mixture to along my neck/jawline (where i have some breakouts) and let it crystalize.. youll feel it becoming a bit stiff and you can see the salt. once its donw i wash it off.

ive been doing this for a couple of days...my acne there has been deminishing and all the bumps i had are now hardening into small whiteheads. im not totally sure if thats helping as i have also changed soaps...but im still giving it a couple of weeks to determine if it is indeed helping.

I live in a beach community. My house is about 200 feet from the ocean and if you saw all the things that washed up on the beach you would change your mind. I don't even swim in the ocean anymore. If it works for you, that's great but I would think that too much salt water would dry your skin out anyway.

OMG I just remembered that a lot of RAW SEWER spilled into the ocean close to my house I eusa_sick.gif don’t know if I’m going to be using it after all! Thanks bluefly for saying that I totally forgot! eusa_doh.gif

OMG I just remembered that a lot of RAW SEWER spilled into the ocean close to my house I eusa_sick.gif  don’t know if I’m going to be using it after all! Thanks bluefly for saying that I totally forgot! eusa_doh.gif

The sea salt and water thing sounds pretty good. Maybe I will try it in a few weeks... I know that doing sea salt soaks on piercings draw out the bad stuff and i guess it would do the same to your skin.