Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guy20uk

After tane - what do you use?

Just wondring what people go on after tane. Theres no way id go on topicals such as differin or retin-a. these breakout you out too much. something softer like bp. but when i used bp in the past, it didnt stop my acne getting worse. just wondering after tane, what can stop the acne. what are clindamyclin and benzaclin and all these prescri products i cant even spell. are these topicals on the same boat as diferin, or are they as soft as bp. and most of all do they cause an initial breakout, i hate those words.

or do people just use regular facewashes.

post tane peeps?

I just finished my third course of Accutane about 2 weeks ago.I've used Accutane 3 times, and the acne keeps coming back.I just use a cleanser morning and night.Im afraid to go back to BP cause of all the harsh red marks on my face.I think the more products you use on your face the more marks it would leave.

Yea, after my first course I was using a gentle, balanced cleanser. I switched to a bar neutrogena soap for a while, but it made my skin really red. sad.gif

(mind you, my acne came back as well. Tane round two!)

yea i continued using my cetaphil cleanser after my first round of accutane, and it didnt get worse, it just didnt get better. so i was back on topicals for a year, my acne got WAY worse but not different than before, and now i started accutane round two!

My son started using Differin 2 months after he was off accutane. He hasn't had any initial breakout (absolutely no acne at all) from using the Differin like he would have pre-accutane, and it hasn't bothered his skin at all - no dryness, redness, etc. So far so good. He's been on Differin for about one and a half months.

I started using the aveeno acne bar after my accutane treatment and it worked really well. My acne hasn't come back, but I do break out now and then (but compared to what it used to be, i don't even notice half the time). I also found that the new Neutrogena blackhead srub works well for me. It doesn't really seem to do anything if I have blackheads, but I use Aveeno at night and then the scrub in the morning and it has made a nice difference in the small breakouts I get once in a while.

tane 40mg/day 5 months...about 2 months after that a lil oil came back...got some Brevoxyl 4%...use it once a day w/the same cetaphil spf moisturizer from the accutane days...been clear for a year since stopping tane...best of luck..