Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I finished with differin bout 2 weeks ago because i was fed up of the dry skin and clogged pores. Now the majority of clogged pores are gone with help from a salicylic acid wash. The problem is im break out all around my chin where i never used to with differin. WHY? i use BP but still break out. Whats happening?

I finished with differin bout 2 weeks ago because i was fed up of the dry skin and clogged pores. Now the majority of clogged pores are gone with help from a salicylic acid wash. The problem is im break out all around my chin where i never used to with differin. WHY? i use BP but still break out. Whats happening?

I say you should continue with differen. it only works as long as you use it and your acne will return if you stop.

Since Differin irriated and dryed out your skin, then it is VERY possible that your clogged pores stayed behind the skins surface. This happened to me when I was on Retin-A-Mirco (R-A-M) three months ago. Since my face was very red, burnt, dry, etc ; My face was clear except for ALL of those side effects, red marks, and blackheads. I had to go off because even though I had the lowest concentration of R-A-M (0.04%) it was way to harsh for my skin.

Using BP will elminate the pimples and whiteheads and it can prevent others from forming (if used on the entire face) but you need some kind of exfoliator to get rid of the dead skin cells that are on the skins top layer and below that can cause more breakouts. Every regimen needs an exfoliator whether or not you have acne prone skin.

Glycolic acid is an AHA or (Alpha-Hydroxy Acid). AHA's include are naturally found in fruit and in milk. Examples:: Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Tartric, and Citric acids. What a AHA does to the skin is that it dissolves the intercellular glue that sticks to dead skin cells and it encourages the natural shedding of dead skin cells. AHA's over a period of time (at the least 2-3 months) can give your skin a more youthfull appearance, improve the texture and color of your skin, and it can give your skin a "Glowly" appearance. This is because AHA's boost the moisture retention of your skin. Use AHA's at night, not in the morning since they take the top layers of the dead skin cells off your skin and encourage new cells to appear, the sunlight can cause your skin to be more sensitive then it already is. Use BHA's or (Beta Hydroxy Acids) in the morning. BHA's are better for pimples, white heads, and blackheads because BHA's absorb the oil in the pore itself and they exfoliate lightly inside the pore to get rid of the clogged bacteria. Put on a BHA wait till the solution or liquid has dried and then put on BPO.