Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been reading and experimenting with my sleep patterns for the last 3 weeks. I used to go to bed around 11pm-12pm, and get up around 7am. I always feel tired, even after 9 hours of sleep. My acupunctureist told me that I needed to start going to bed earlier, say around 9-10pm. It's tough, but I started doing it. I was still getting up at the same time in the morning. I am starting to feel a lot better in the morning now since I'm going to bed earlier at night. Our body goes into cleansing mode late at night, around 11pm. If your not sleeping then, your liver, spleen, and other organs can't rest and do their job. Then, hormones go up and down, thus making our acne worse. My acne has improved 20-30% just from sleeping earlier. Try this for at least a week, and see what it does. Remember, our bodies need rest. Sleep is the key for a well tuned body. For those who lift weights, your muscles grow only when the body is resting.

it doesnt go into cleansing mode at 11pm, more like 2am or 1am.. anyways, I'll definitely try this since I always sleep at 11 or 12 biggrin.gif

Thanks for the advice wink.gif Will post if anything comes up

About 2 years ago I would got to sleep no earlier then 12:00 and my acne was way worse! Now I

go to bed around 10:00 and it’s a lot better. Maybe that’s way. eusa_think.gif

thanks for the post!

You can tell if you getting enough sleep by your tongue. If it is pale, then you lack energy. It should be a pink color. I've been measuring it this way, and I see it change if I sleep at different times. Strange.

Woow you guys are some early birds.....12-1 o'clock is early for me. I'm at university and hardly have to be in school, maybe once a week or something so I go to bed around 3 or even 4. Tend to wake up around 11-12. Wouldn't surprise me if this was worsening my condition. But seriously I'm not going to bed around 9-10.....that's when I'm in my prime LOL