Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgxplyr

Blue Light/Laser Acne Treatment

I was watching TV last night and I saw a commerical for this new thing called Blue Light acne removal. You stand in front of a bunch of blue lights with shades on, and it's supposed to clear your acne. I'm not sure how it exactly works, but apparently, there's a light that goes through the skin. It's a blue light. It's a special wavelength around 440 and that light will go through the skin and kill the bacteria that are in the acne. So anyways, I wanna know if anyone tried this, how much it cost, and if it actually worked? Thanks

-D

I was watching TV last night and I saw a commerical for this new thing called Blue Light acne removal.  You stand in front of a bunch of blue lights with shades on, and it's supposed to clear your acne.  I'm not sure how it exactly works, but apparently, there's a light that goes through the skin. It's a blue light. It's a special wavelength around 440 and that light will go through the skin and kill the bacteria that are in the acne.  So anyways, I wanna know if anyone tried this, how much it cost, and if it actually worked? Thanks

-D

Do you know if the home blue light treatments are safe for pregnant women? (Not sure why they wouldn't be, just checking.)

Thanks!

Do you know if the home blue light treatments are safe for pregnant women?  (Not sure why they wouldn't be, just checking.)

Thanks!

i was going to do this, and may well do it in the future but right now i dont have money. blue light costs like $75 per session and you do about 8 of em, so its like $600. And it only helps clear your acne 70% for about 4-8 months. its not a cure. even better than this is the Levulon Photodynamic Therapy which costs a lil bit more and more downtime but I heard it's worth it.

i was going to do this, and may well do it in the future but right now i dont have money. blue light costs like $75 per session and you do about 8 of em, so its like $600. And it only helps clear your acne 70% for about 4-8 months. its not a cure. even better than this is the Levulon Photodynamic Therapy which costs a lil bit more and more downtime but I heard it's worth it.

I went to sessions with a lamp called "cure-light", "clear-light" or something. It worked really well, and nearly cleared me up. Because of stupidity, I didn't take some extra sessions which probably would have done the trick completely. Anyway, after some time the acne comes back though.

I've also BOUGHT a lamp called "Beauty skin" which combines red and blue light. The red light should make the skin heal faster. This lamp, however, hasn't been very succesful. I can't even tell if it's working - so be careful what you invest in!!

I went to sessions with a lamp called "cure-light", "clear-light" or something. It worked really well, and nearly cleared me up. Because of stupidity, I didn't take some extra sessions which probably would have done the trick completely. Anyway, after some time the acne comes back though.

I've also BOUGHT a lamp called "Beauty skin" which combines red and blue light. The red light should make the skin heal faster. This lamp, however, hasn't been very succesful. I can't even tell if it's working - so be careful what you invest in!!

hmm. im really considering trying on of these things out. i mean if u can get a decent one for like $200 i think thats quite worth it. well, depends on whether it works or not of cos. but ive been looking at this site http://www.kaliszincolor.com/A_natural_acne_treatment.htm

and it sounds pretty good.

but has ne1 in this forum actually tried these? apart from wolfkeep that is

also, ne1 know where i can get one?? i msituated in hong kong.

also, do u think its safe to use whilst im using BP aswel?? its just that ive been on BP for like weeks now and it doesnt seem to be doin much for me. sad.gif

do u think its safe to use whilst im using BP aswel?? its just that ive been on BP for like  weeks now and it doesnt seem to be doin much for me.  sad.gif

I did about 8 Blue light treatments at my dermatologist's office about a year ago when my acne started getting bad. Personally, It didn't work very well for me, and actually caused me to have larger pimples than I was having before. And to add to that, It was A LOT of money. I personally don't recomend it, but then again, different things work for different people.

Wolfkeeper, Do the Blue light treatments have any effect on pore size at all???... Or say anything in relation to pore size in the instructions???...

My neighbour has a bioptron light which produces polarized light. I'm pretty positive about this light cuz it got rid off most of my scars. Generally it just heals wounds much faster then usual. Unfortunately it doesn't prevent zits so no clear skin for me. They also have color lenses for this device but there very expensive so I haven't tried it so far.

Guest james11

Hey all. I'm 21 and from Australia(just telling you because most of the people on here are from America)

I've been getting PDT(Photo Dynamic Light Therapy) for a little while. This is the same as blue light therapy, however they put a little twist on the better known treatment. This is called ALA, it's some Alpha Lineo something or other Acid that is a topical anti-biotic.

I go to a Dermatologist in Melbourne.

Anyway this is how the treatment goes:

-I get a Microderm then some extractions, and they use a tiny needle to break the skin so as to reduce the risk of scarring. They then put several small pricks with the needle into my other spots and apply the ALA cream.

-The ALA sits on the face for about an hour, stings a little.

-I then sit in the light for around 20 mins.

The light does two things at this point: 1. Kills P.Acnes & 2. Pushes the ALA into the skin follicles and allows it to do it's thing.

-I then go to another room and they use IPL(Intense Pulsed Light)on me.

Some of you may have heard of IPL being used as a means of hair removal or scar reduction. The purpose for my treatment is to push the ALA further into the skin.

*The blue light has a particular depth range which is something like 440nm or something close to that, IPL has a longer depth range and can therefore penetrate deeper into the skin follicles.

This leaves me pretty flared up for a few days and eventually my face dries out and peels. Besides the benefits of clearing Acne, the inflammatory response my body has encourages healing of the skin and has helped with red spots and other little scars.

Initially i did this once and had a good response but the pimples returned, so this year i've gone on an intense program to have four done quite close close together. (I'm having the last one done in two weeks)

My skin is clearing big time and the Dermatologists theory on the closeness of treatments is that the follicles shrink but then they can flare back up and by hitting them aggressively we hope to completely kill off the Acne.

It fits in with my past experience of the treatment.

It is quite expensive, but so are all these shallow promises in bottes. They've really given me hope at this clinic with the way they treat me like a person and the fact that they always check on me and ask heaps of questions about loads of things. I know alot of people think that derms and clinics just rip you off , but these people have been good with money too. I get quite alot of free stuff, treatments and so on, and if something doesn't work they either fix it or don't charge you.

I have had a really difficult time finding people who have actually done this to see what kind of results they are getting. I am getting the blue light with levulan treatment done next friday on my face chest and back. My face has moderate to light acne but my back has been pretty bad. I will post as much information as I can regarding the results I have. I've heard great things though about this treatment when used in conjunction with the levulan for moderate to severe acne. My sister in law just had this treatment done a few days ago and she said it is very painful. The blue light activates the levulan and she said it felt like sticking your head in an oven. This particular procedure involved putting on levulan and letting it soak in for 3 hours, then a blue light treatment for 2-4 minutes. Apparantly no one has been able to sit under the light for longer than 4 minutes at this place because its too painful. Oh also it's going to cost $1,800 for 3 treatments spaced 3 weeks apart. This is for face chest and back though. For 3 treatments of levulan with blue light is $900 just for the face