Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jenknee

should i stop now?

Hey dudes,

I've been clear for over a month thanks to the Regimen. I just have a few light red marks that I driving me nuts. I'm thinking about stopping the Regimen, but I'm scared. What do ya's think?

Guest Marino

Hi,

Theres no cure for acne, BP inparticular only supresses the breakouts,

once you come off the regime your acne will very likley return,

i strongly suggest you keep following it religously untill the 3rd month.

Then you can start using it once at night to maintain your skin and prevent any more acne from forming.

Take care

Hi,

Theres no cure for acne, BP inparticular only supresses the breakouts,

once you come off the regime your acne will very likley return,

i strongly suggest you keep following it religously untill the 3rd month.

Then you can start using it once at night to maintain your skin and prevent any more acne from forming.

Take care

Guest Marino

OK then, it sounds like your read to start using it once a day.

Give it a try, if the acne returns looks like you'll have to follow it religously untill you grow out of it.

Personally thats a fair price to pay for clea skin in my opinion.

If you decided to cut down to one day, could you report back after a month or 2 and share your results?

Thanks

sorry about bringing this old subject up

I am on the regime for about 14weeks now and i think i am going to do the regime once a day with maybe nictinamide (nicam gel) in the morning, btw i only get about 1 new spot a week now!

You need to continue with any regimen until you grow out of acne, asside from accutane which sometimes gives permanent remission. So...unless you think you may have suddenly grown out of acne, I would keep it up. But, you can try going to once daily application and see it that keeps you clear. I'd try that before going off altogether tho.

after i got clear i stopped using the BP as much (hardly at all) and when i did, i only spot treated. that was fine for a while until i just recently got a breakout..now im back on the regimen :(

im trying to fade my redmarks too and i feel like im just going back to square one with my twice daily application of BP

after i got clear i stopped using the BP as much (hardly at all) and when i did, i only spot treated. that was fine for a while until i just recently got a breakout..now im back on the regimen :(

im trying to fade my redmarks too and i feel like im just going back to square one with my twice daily application of BP

yeah my skin feels smooth, although its oilly, but i the sun it looks really crapy with the scars on my cheeks. maybe i could use nictinamide (nicam gel) at night and spot treat with bp at night to. i dont know what will happen but i could give it a go as even when my scars go my skin will still look leathery right?? so might as well use nictinamide once a day with the occasional spot with more healthier looking skin than use bp twice a day and look like a 40 year old geezer?? what you think dude!

I have been on the regimen for about 6 month and have been clear minus red spots for about 3 months. I just recently cut down to once a day but I am watching my skin very closely because at the first sign of trouble I am going back to twice aday. I want to get rid of redmarks but there is no sense in getting more to get rid of what I already have. I would try to cut down to oncea day and see what happens and then if you want to try to phase out you can I guess. Good luck and keep us posted.

I have been on the regimen for about 6 month and have been clear minus red spots for about 3 months. I just recently cut down to once a day but I am watching my skin very closely because at the first sign of trouble I am going back to twice aday. I want to get rid of redmarks but there is no sense in getting more to get rid of what I already have. I would try to cut down to oncea day and see what happens and then if you want to try to phase out you can I guess. Good luck and keep us posted.

well the reason why im considering stoping also is the fact that on my forehead i havent used bp for about 6 weeks now and instead i just use nicotinamide (freederm or nicam gel here in the UK) and i havnt had that many spots appear there. also the fact that i dont (and never have) had spots anywhere else (e.g. on my back, neck, shoulders etc. so i have a feeling that i might be buggering around with my face to much (so to speak) so maybe if i left it alone more it wont become so irritated! and just use the PEARS soap (which i cant believe i didnt discover earlier BTW) and nicam gel once a day and see how it goes!

good luck also!