Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've finally decided to forget about acne, and not let it ruin my life.

I'm giving up on proactiv, it worked for a week, and now its not doing anything. I'd rather rub **** on my face than pay 40 bucks a month for a bunch of garbage.

I'm going to keep my head held high, and if anyone stares at my face, **** them.

I eat healthy, I havent had a soda in a month, I can't remember the last time I had junk food, and yet....I still break out.

For goodness sake, i'm a male, and I have to wear makeup to make myself feel better??????????? I shouldn't have to live like this, so I'm going to forget about it all.

Anyone else with me?

There's no proven link between acne and diet, although it's good that you're eating well.

I think that it's a good idea to try and develop a positive attitude about yourself regardless of your skin... however (and I feel like I'm repeating myself here), have you tried the Regimen? It's really very helpful for a lot of people with mild to moderate acne.

I'm giving up on proactiv, it worked for a week, and now its not doing anything. I'd rather rub **** on my face than pay 40 bucks a month for a bunch of garbage.

I'm going to keep my head held high, and if anyone stares at my face, **** them.

I eat healthy, I havent had a soda in a month, I can't remember the last time I had junk food, and yet....I still break out.

For goodness sake, i'm a male, and I have to wear makeup to make myself feel better??????????? I shouldn't have to live like this, so I'm going to forget about it all.

Anyone else with me?

Yes you must work on and build your self confidence. Read as many self help books as you can.

I like lexy's new avatar. YOu look like your on the prowl in that pic!! smile.gif

Anyone else with me?

Good for you man. I hope all goes well.

i wouldn't wear the make up unless u are totally comfortable with it...

i used to where that clearasil tinted stuff and i was more self conscience that someone would think i was wearing make-up than about my acne..

i used to where that clearasil tinted stuff and i was more self conscience that someone would think i was wearing make-up than about my acne..

Anyone else with me?

I feel stressed and scared when I wear makeup. I don't wear it all over my face, I just put it on my spots. I use mary kay, and It covers the spots really well....I'm just scared to death someone will notice!

Thanks everyone for your support! smile.gif

you have the right idea, but dont give up all hope.

if you dont allready, try going to the gym. i love it, its a great way for me to build confidence because im changing my body and unlike fighting acne i KNOW lifting weights will work. plus babes dig guys that are in shape eusa_dance.gif . and remember to try and look at yourself through others eyes as well. People that dont have acne or dont stress acne usually dont really notice it as much as you, so you're never in as deep as you think you are, dont exagerate your condition)

i have to say though, dont be negative towards people that dont understand your situation. if somebody makes a remark about your face (which honestly i have NEVER witness happen) explain to them that its not your fault. you are completly right, what you look like does not matter, but ONLY if you can prove that to other people.

kill em with kindness. (and if that doesnt work use grenades)

Going to the gym is a great idea, you could also try to listen to music. Whenever I get down I just put in some upbeat tunes and I seem to feel alot better.

I'm with you. Despite the fact that i'm living healthy, eating good, no stress, sleep early, I FUCKING STILL HAVE ALOT OF ACNE!

I just woke up and i had to pop like 15 white heads......I'm so tired....

Anyone else with me?

Guest frogprince

have u tried Dan's Regimen?

a lot of the proactiv rejects tried dan's regiment instead and it worked for them. I'm included.

Anyway, good attitude! BEING A MAN. I applaude you. I respect it.

read this. its an example of a truly powerful mindset.

What did the super hunter overcome? Sure he was able to get the prey, but that was a product of his actions that originated from his mindset. The greatest resistance the hunter faced was not his environment but his mental environment. This was the true source of his power: the overcoming of all his fears, memories, teachings and so on. His detached non-caring attitude let him discard all of it away. In its place was true simplicity and efficiency. Now the super hunter would simply note the values, use them when appropriate or discard them when needed. He now ruled his world, because he now created it for he was the sole creator of value. He was the one who decided to go with an impulse; he was the one who decided whether the fear was appropriate. He did not care whether he succeeded or not; it was irrelevant. All that lay in front of him was movement of his mind and his emotions. He trusted only what he felt and saw and would only give value to things that he himself felt were good. The only thing he gave heed to was the moment.

He did not care that people found him mean. He did not care that they loved him. What were they to him? What did they know? He did not care to be defined by others nor did he let his emotions define him. He embraced his emotions when appropriate and threw them away when he did not think they were helpful to his cause. Finally, he overcame one of his greatest impediments: his ego. Instead of thinking that it would make me look better in the eyes of others, or to do so would make him look bad in others eyes, he simply did not care. Here we see the rebel emerge. A rebel who cares not what society thinks, what his mother or father thinks, what books say is right and not what his emotions or thoughts tell him. He could care less. He is the only one who decides if it is worth caring about.

Finally, the super hunter discarded the last hindrance to his goal: time. He is no longer obsessed with getting something achieved in a given time frame. Such pressures are useless and counter productive in attaining the goal. For he could care less when it was achieved: he was not living on anyone's timetable. Nature taught him that events occur when they occur and cannot be rushed or delayed: a tree could not be rushed to grow, a flower would only bloom in spring, a prey had to grow weary from the strain of pursuit. The only thing he concerned himself with was not the future or the past but the present moment where his realm of experience existed: the only time where he had a say in.

Really good decision. I made this one a few weeks ago and it really really helped.

I still treat my acne but am trying to stop acne taking over my social life.