Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maya

Question to those of you who've had SUBCISION

Please could you let me know your downtime... I'm getting subcision on the 25th along with N-lite.

I have taken 5 days off - is this enough?

Do I get bruising AND swelling?

How soon can I put makeup on?

Are the needle marks obvious?

What topical regimen did your doc/derm ask you to follow after the subcision?

Thanks!! :D

Maya, I had mine done on a thursday arvo and took fri off. Had pretty chubby cheeks for the weekend. Went back to work on monday and it was only partially noticeable and the nurse used a lot of anaesthetic on me. The remaining swelling lasted for another week or so but it wasn't overly noticeable. If anything, it was the best time of my life cause the scars looked nearly gone.

Good luck for ur procedure, keep us posted. Remember, initially it will look close to 100% but it will slowly come back down. Be as positive as you can.

Thanks Bulldog - yes, I've heard that scars can look much better before going back down. I know subcision is meant to be better for rolling scars (mine are more chicken pox/box type scars and a couple of ice picks) so.. I doubt mine will look that good after, but I just want those scar fibres cut so that collagen improves.

Please could you let me know your downtime... I'm getting subcision on the 25th along with N-lite.

I have taken 5 days off - is this enough?  

Do I get bruising AND swelling?  

How soon can I put makeup on?

Are the needle marks obvious?

What topical regimen did your doc/derm ask you to follow after the subcision?

Thanks!!  :D

- I think my downtime was about 3 days. It will depend on how aggressive the procedure is. 5 days should be enough.

- I got bruising and swelling.

- My Derm. told me I could put makeup on the next day (but I didn't - I wanted to let things heal a bit first). I think I started putting makeup on about day 4 or 5.

- No, my needle marks weren't obvious (only when they were first done)

- My Derm. didn't tell me to be on a specific topical regimen. He said I could go back to my usual routine the very next day.