Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ndmgal

Went to holistic dr!

I went to see a well known holistic dr on august 19th. I had filled out a survey of all my symptoms and then they put them on the computer. It came back that I had an overworked (lots of toxins) in my biliary system and gallbladder, which also includes the liver. I have been put on a list of supplements. He says I'll be "cured" in 6 weeks to 3 months (at max). I have been detoxing like crazy and breaking out pretty bad last week, it's starting to slow down. He also said I have wilson's syndome which is hypothyroidism. He got this from blood tests i previously took. I stopped my birth control (i was on the highest possible dosage of estrogen) and he put me on progesterone. He said the estrogen was making me worse and depletes important minerals in the body. I also had very little iodine in my body( did a test), so im on iodine. I've been burning up and feeling lots of back pain. Gallbladder symptoms give acne, pain in back (between shoulders) constipation, belching, bloated stomach.. etc. My stomach is SO flat now and my body looks the best is has ever. Like 2 days after i started taking the pills i noticed it. Just thought i'd share my info with everyone. I may be put on thyroid medication in 6 weeks if my hormones are still messed up, but i don't have cramps or anything so i don't think i'll need it. I've been put on a special diet too which sucks but he said i only need to stay on it for 6 weeks to flush out candida.

I went to see a well known holistic dr on august 19th. I had filled out a survey of all my symptoms and then they put them on the computer. It came back that I had an overworked (lots of toxins) in my biliary system and gallbladder, which also includes the liver. I have been put on a list of supplements. He says I'll be "cured" in 6 weeks to 3 months (at max). I have been detoxing like crazy and breaking out pretty bad last week, it's starting to slow down. He also said I have wilson's syndome which is hypothyroidism. He got this from blood tests i previously took. I stopped my birth control (i was on the highest possible dosage of estrogen) and he put me on progesterone. He said the estrogen was making me worse and depletes important minerals in the body. I also had very little iodine in my body( did a test), so im on iodine. I've been burning up and feeling lots of back pain. Gallbladder symptoms give acne, pain in back (between shoulders) constipation, belching, bloated stomach.. etc. My stomach is SO flat now and my body looks the best is has ever. Like 2 days after i started taking the pills i noticed it. Just thought i'd share my info with everyone. I may be put on thyroid medication in 6 weeks if my hormones are still messed up, but i don't have cramps or anything so i don't think i'll need it. I've been put on a special diet too which sucks but he said i only need to stay on it for 6 weeks to flush out candida.

That sounds great, i'm glad for you. I also came to the conclusion that the source of my problems came down to my liver.

However, I did several liver/bowl/kidney flushes, which worked fantastically, but after a while I got back to my normal self. So I concluded that there must be something hindering my liver effectiveness, and I put that down to mercury poisoning from my amalgam fillings.

Your holistic doctor sounds great. When I went to see one she didn't do any blood tests or anything, she just gave me some pills which worked to a certain extent, but nothing more. If this doctor is in the UK, please tell.

Let us know how you get on, it sounds like things are working great for you.

Secondregent: Did you flush until you were positive you had no more stones?

Also.....ndmgal....I hope you realize that supplements don't push any cholesterol balls (aka "stones") out of the biliary ducts. Only flushing does that.

People like myself did plenty of "cleansing", "detoxing", and taking supplements for the liver and never got cured until we flushed our livers, cleansed our bowels, killed candida.....among other things.

It's also very puzzling that you were put on a hormone. Your hormones will balance naturally by flushing your liver.

Secondregent:  Did you flush until you were positive you had no more stones? 

Also.....ndmgal....I hope you realize that supplements don't push any cholesterol balls (aka "stones") out of the biliary ducts.  Only flushing does that.

People like myself did plenty of "cleansing", "detoxing",  and taking supplements for the liver and never got cured until we flushed our livers, cleansed our bowels, killed candida.....among other things.

It's also very puzzling that you were put on a hormone.  Your hormones will balance naturally by flushing your liver.

Second Regent.....you really should have 2 "no stone" flushes in a row before you decide you have no more stones.

Even the tiniest amount seem to set off a flurry of bad breakouts for me (as well as menses irregularities).

He did not say anything to me about cholesterol stones, though he did say estrogen raises ur cholesterol levels. I am on... A-f betafood which is a liver and gallbladder decongestant (this stuff is really powerful, im only taking 3 pills a day instead of 6 right now), B vitamins, adrenal insufficiency stuff, chromium, 3000 mg borage oil, 3000 c, amino acids, magnesium citrate (to help with constipation), iodine, and an immune support vitamin. Also been taking candida cleanse and soon as this detox starts slowing down i am to start betacol which is supposed to be extremely powerful. Oh and stuff for uti's cause as soon as i started the a-f betafood i started getting one really badly and i only have one kidney. I know now that the liver affects hormones. All my troubles started with severe cramping and back pain, then turned into ance. The estrogeni was put on for a year really screwed me up worse. I felt like i was in a fog 24-7. I really have faith in this dr. and he is well trusted in our community. As he has written articles for several nationally published magazines. He gave me no reason not to trust him which is the ONLY reason I am sucking up this pain and going through with this. My sinuses are seriously killing me today (i know that's connected to the liver). I have also been adding swedish bitters to my tea to speed up liver cleanse. The appt was 150 dollars (not bad at all) the supplements were about 200. Considering ive spent thousands of dollars for the past year trying to get cured this is well worth it. I stopped breaking out in cysts, got one new zit the past couple of days. My skin is still pretty dry but all my old scars are fading quickly. I pray to god i'm healed in two months cause i havent seen any of my old friends sincei got acne and they keep calling me!

You should do your own research and do what feels right to you. Most of us have found that liverflushing can cure acne as well as any hormonal imbalances.

http://sensiblehealth.com/

You can stay on supplements the rest of your life, really. Or, you can clear the debris that is the real "root" of the problem. It doesn't just magically disappear because you take supplements, though supplements can help with some people.

He said I would only need to stay on the supplements for 6 weeks to 3 months and then only a good multivitamin after that. I did research on the a-f betafood and it breaks down junk in the gallbladder and liver. My dr. did say that green feces means it came from the liver and most of bowel movements have been greenish colored. I would like to try a liver flush with the epsom salts in a few weeks but I'm having such a hard time with what i'm on now that I don't want to overdo it. The progesterone i'm on is a cream and i'm taking half of the minimum dose. He was afraid i had cysts in my ovaries from being on such a dose of estrogen for so long and progesterone breaks them down. Did you break out a lot doing the flush, and did it hurt? It looks like it would. I really wanna just suck up the pain and get all this over with.

I also read online that lack of iodine and high estrogen causes hypothyroidism (whch he as well as all my other drs think I have). It lowers you're iq my 10-15 points and causes forgetfulness. Which has been a huge problem for me. My energy level is higher than normal, but my head feels so congested right now. Got a migraine, ears are popping, throat is scratchy and swollen. It really sucks!

My skin looked amazing all day today, no afternoon shine, i just took my makeup off and a lot of my scars are less noticeable than they were dismorning (if that's possible). I feel like myself for the first time in ... 1 year. It's weird i havent really felt like my happy flirty self in forever. wish y'all the best of luck!

Like I said....you shouldn't have to stay on any supplements.....hormonal or otherwise, when you flush your liver and get the debris out.

If you can get off all the hormones and supplements and remain clear, then that's great. Just remember though, unless you flush your liver, that debris remains in your biliary tree. Taking supplements doesn't magically dissolve them.

But good luck! I'm glad that you are having good skin days.