Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mbeat

Glycolic acid and whiteheads

Hello

Will M.D. Forte's facial lotion with 15% glycolic acid help get rid of whiteheads quickly? Any tips on how to efficiently get rid of a lot of whiteheads?

Acid Glycolic didn't succeed in getting rid of whitehead when I tryed it. I think this product is more efficient on the Light/very mild acne. BP works much better for that fucking black&white-heads.

Green eyes - M.D. Forte is prescription free. My derm sells them but I know of people who have bought it from the internet.

gloput - How much time would BP take to clear up my whiteheads? I am tempted at trying it. I am currently using vinegar on my face. I think it's helping, but if BP would help me quicker that would be excellent.

If you can bear some redness while 1-2 weeks, you can use BP once a day while 2 weeks. With that dosage, improvement must be observed at least after two weeks of use. But for some people it occurs in few days. Great results in 3-4 weeks (no/few whitehead). If the result is not sufficient, you can increase the dosage every 2 weeks until what is specified in Regimen.

Whitehead and blackhead are exactly what is best treated by BP. I don't know if BP will help you quicker than vinegar, but I'm sure it'll help better.

Glycolic acid is an AHA or (Alpha-Hydroxy Acid). AHA's include are naturally found in fruit and in milk. Examples:: Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Tartric, and Citric acids. What a AHA does to the skin is that it dissolves the intercellular glue that sticks to dead skin cells and it encourages the natural shedding of dead skin cells. AHA's over a period of time (at the least 2-3 months) can give your skin a more youthfull appearance, improve the texture and color of your skin, and it can give your skin a "Glowly" appearance. This is because AHA's boost the moisture retention of your skin. Use AHA's at night, not in the morning since they take the top layers of the dead skin cells off your skin and encourage new cells to appear, the sunlight can cause your skin to be more sensitive then it already is. Use BHA's or (Beta Hydroxy Acids) in the morning. BHA's are better for pimples, white heads, and blackheads because BHA's absorb the oil in the pore itself and they exfoliate lightly inside the pore to get rid of the clogged bacteria. Put on a BHA wait till the solution or liquid has dried and then put on BPO.

~Nikki~

sweetchica - I've heard that BP irritates the skin, so I'm not sure whether to try it or not. Perhaps I should try the AHA and BHA based solutions. Do you know of any products based on BHA?

A good BHA ((Which is most commonly Salicylic Acid)) in my opinion are::

1.) Neutrogena® Clear Pore Oil-Controlling Astringent - 2% BHA

2.) Neutrogena® Clear Pore Treatment (I'm pretty sure it is 2% BHA)

3.) Paulas Choice BHA lotion - 1% BHA **I am currently using this and within 3 days of using this you can really tell that it has been helping** :D

In my opinion BP wil not irritate the skin. It only will if you put TOO MUCH on your skin. I agree with Dan that the best BP concentration is a 2.5% and everything else (5%-10%) is just crap. However, I don't agree with Dan that you should (after the persons skin gets used to BP if never used before) just slap it all over your face in globs (as shown in the picture posted some where on this website). Apply a thin layer twice daily. Remember to also incorperate a BHA or a AHA or both in you skin care regimen (If your skin will tolerate it). Currently I am using Paulas Choice Blemish Fighting Solution in 2.5% concentration. IMO it is better then Neutrogena's On The Spot acne treatment. Paulas Choice BP is gentler, not as white, not as thick, and does not dry as fast on the skin when it touches the skin as Neutrogena's On The Spot acne treatments does. This is good because a person needs to beable to spread it on evenly onto the skin.

Hope I helped! If any more questions, Post Here, and i'll get back with you!

~Nikki~

=D> Thank you very much! You have been most helpful.

I think I'll try the M.D. Forte's Facial Lotion along with the Paula's Choice BHA lotion. I'm still a bit skeptical about the BP, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to just try and apply some in minor portions.

Again, thank you!

Aww thank you! I take research on this acne delimia (sp?) (haha i can't spell!) very seriously! And i'm only 15 how about that! I really hope this helps for you and remember use your treatments for atleast a month and if you don't see any changes continue or if you feel it is really not doing anything for your skin then change! And yes I have to agree with you on the BP. Just try some in minor portions and see what happens! Trial and Error my buddy! O:) Again best of luck and THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME HELP YOU!

The web address for Paulas Choice is...

http://www.paulaschoice.com

If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]