Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
accent

bettercomplextions on ebay

I have bought 2 bottles of 100% TCA acid from better complexions, and both bottles were about a quarter the size of a 1 oz bottle. The cost per bottle before postage was about $9 (US)

I ordered and received TCA from her that is supposed to be 100%, but it's far too weak to be 100%. I don't recommend giving your money to her unless you want to be ripped off.

trying, how do you know what real 100% is like then? I along with others on here who have used TCA of many strengths, from different sellers, and this seller (bettercomplexions ) is more reliable than the likes of maillie. weathergrl would agree with me

I bought a 1 oz bottle of 50% TCA from bettercomplexions(9$) and dilluted it to 25%. It was stronger than the 500$ blue peel I've had.

i don't trust maillie, every time she gets negative feedback she blames it on bettercomplexions- her competitor. Pathetic really. If you click on the products maillie offers for a description, they always contain a dig at bettercomplexions.. its pathetic really. If you look through the acids that bettercompexions sell.. they have no negative feedback at all and not once does the seller badmouth their competitors.

I have used Bettercomplexion's acid and it seems to be as it as advertised.

Yavanoe's acid is much more expensive and i had an issue with her when she sent the wrong acid, even though i organised with her that she would send a certain strength and sent the payment.. she sent the wong acid. I can tell you that she is very ignorant in her emails especially if you tell her you are dissatisfied.

All in all, bettercomplexions is my first choice.

I just asked bettercomplexions the following question on this item:

100% TCA

Is the TCA 100% acid? Or just 100% medical grade?,

and got the following answer:

Yes, most defiantly!!,

to which I asked the following question:

Yes, it's 100% acid? Is that based on 100 grams of TCA dissolved in 100 ml of

water?

I'm currently waiting for an answer.

Patrick

Well i have performed 2 tca cross applications with bettercomplexions "100% TCA" and i am seeing many of the treated scars filling in, so i'm happy enough with the acid they sell.

I wish perfect complexions would sell 100% TCA. She's the most reputable one i think, but unfortunately she only sells TCA Complex which is 10% or less.

That site is selling allegedly 100% TCA for $8.95? I paid $45 for allegedly 50% from Yvonae which is useless,  Loganwood sells allegedly 50% TCA for $100.  I contacted an analytical lab wanting to get my TCA tested but it would cost $300 so I wont do it.

Given that Reilly posted some good TCA pics Id suggest everyone try and find out where she purchased her TCA from, its quite strange and a bit suspicious she never said where she got it from.  As for all these other online retailers Id say Caveat Emptor buyer beware.

Yeah but the $60 you pay Yavanoe you don't just get acid, you get a full kit including ointment for after the peel, and some small skin care products.

I think her acid, when purchased alone is something like $30-$35, which is still a lot compared to sellers on ebay.

I just asked bettercomplexions the following question on this item:

100% TCA

Is the TCA 100% acid?  Or just 100% medical grade?,

and got the following answer:

Yes, most defiantly!!,

to which I asked the following question:

Yes, it's 100% acid?  Is that based on 100 grams of TCA dissolved in 100 ml of

water?

I'm currently waiting for an answer.

Patrick

Did the Bettercomplexion 100%TCA smell ?

100% TCA should have a slight chlorine smell to it.

If you can't smell anything, it might be the fact that it may not be pure 100% TCA.

Honestly, the fact they are NOT REPLYING is highly conspicuous. If they had nothing to hide, they would reply to you simply and clearly.

the 100% from bettercomplexions definitely has a smell. Sometimes the seller relies to questions, sometimes they don't. When questioned about the technicalities of the acid, they seem to reply much less.

Dazarooni,

Hello,

The tca you purchase is the

100% TCA 100% Cosmetic Face Skin Peel+Heal Serums$60VAL ? from bettercomplexions? And you just do spot treatment on your scars? Do you use any other products with that? Sorry if I'm causing you to repeat yourself.

Thanks alot,

Xaviar cool.gif

The one i bought was 100% TCA and 70% glycolic with free serums. I have bought a different one about 3 months ago but can't remember which one, and i've thrown out the glycolic as i don't want it.

I use the acid for TCA CROSS. (applying acid with toothpick to scarred area only, and pressing down firmly) ant not for a peel

Dazarooni,

Thanks for your reply...I'm going to buy some today. When you use the toothpick to press down firmly on the scar only...how firmly would you say?...like enough to make an indent or to make a small "scratch"?

Thanks again

I press down very firmly. The idea of TCA CROSS is to create a wound within the scar and the acid promots collagen growth when the wound then heels, filling in the scar. Have you read the TCA cross article from the korean docs?

It is not the full version but make sure you read it - http://www.cosmeticskin.com/skin-acne4.shtml

also, do NOT rush into this, make sure you know exactly what you're doing as you can make scarring worse.. much worse. I suggest you search on this message board for other TCA CROSS threads as they contain very useful info that you'll need to know.

heres one, there are others too.. I suggest you read through every page, so that means you're gonna have to spend a few hours reading.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=5610