Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tkefsc

excison vet needs advice

[attachmentid=1972][attachmentid=1971]I had maybe 10-14 very, very deep acne ice picks concentrated in a small area. I have went through numerous excisons that have brought the deepness state to a semi-superficial state. Instead a 10-12 seperate damages, I now have, as the pic describes, a single linear type situation that is sunken in enough to make it still look bad, bad enough to need attention. My doc suggested restalyne, anyone use it on a similar scar situation like the pic? Is this area too large for a filler to handle yet? My plan was to have excison get it as good as I could because it is perm, but lately it seems to be a trade off for raising the damaged area, but in turns "widens" or expands the area in return. Thus making the deepness better, but making it more noticable in some respect by an "opened up look cut" like in the pic. Ideally, I would like to narrow the widened gap, but have no idea what could do that, it would have to take cold steel in some form, but I need to avoid making it worse like everyone else around here. My take on scar revison/ excison is this: It will raise very deep damage pretty close to the surface, but you may get the opened effect . Sometimes I did, sometimes I did not. I need some other options. Potentially if I could raise the remaining "dent" that has semi-sharp edges with a filler, that may do it for me, I just need to know what someones experience was with a scar similar. It may be a dream to make the leap to a narrow gap, but obviously that is my first priority if anything will potentially do that. Suggestions on "closing up" and maybe some thoughts on restalyne filling in moderate-medium semi-sharp edged depressions would be cool. Finally, the 3rd head of this ugly monster is the redness, which frankly I think makes it look exponentially worse. Not much can whoop that other than time passing by. Here is a great choice to battle redness. I have found a really nice cream RX called ELOCON ($50) that may work very well for people with chronic reddness. HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO CLOSE UP LINEAR SCARS OF THIS PICS NATURE? HAS ANYONE BEEN ABLE TO FILL IN A SCAR OF THIS NATURE WITH GOOD RESULTS?

post-28333-1125431654_thumb.jpg

post-28333-1125431654_thumb.jpg

sounds like you may have made it past where I am at. You are right, the surgeon skill will make or break you. My doc actually went to harvard, so on paper she should be 1st class, unfortunately it is even tough for the good ones to combat bad scars. So you say I am not crazy in the search for the elusive thin-linear type scar. Tension is the key huh? Was yours similiar? Did you finally get it closed up via excison, or did you need to try a different method? I have heard about the filler you mentioned, thought maybe I should try a temp first to get a taste of what it can do. Its hard to pick a solution do to the wide variety of mixed-bag results people get from different techniques. Ultimately, I guess to gotta try something to find out. Based on that pic I posted, would you seek additional scar revison, or would you go for a filler. What did you do to combat the tension issue, or are you still working the problem?

we are in same boat

ihad excision and two of them widened..

and the worst part as u said is redness

its been one month now and the redness is still there..

how long since u had excisions..is the redness still there?

im going to do an NDYAG laser in another 1 month to see if tht makes any difference

now i wish i shuldnt hve done this at all...too much against what i had expected

dam it man, avoid the laser. If you think it is red now, the laser will turn you cherry red. No doubt about it. Get a rx for elocon. It works pretty well considering the circumstances. I know the red sucks, but it will likely leave on its on terms and in its own time. Be concerned with repairing the actual damage. Once that looks better, elocon will eliminate the redness during and after, or at least make it more reasonable.

yes the redness sucks totally smile.gif)

how long since u had excision..do u still hve redness.

ihve stitch marks which dont seem to go away

i've tried the restylane fillers for my superficial scars. initially it worked and the redness last only for a day and i was back to normal. but after a couple days the scars start to deepen again. restylane is not permanent so i would ask for something more permanent. the doc told me to go back and get restylane done for 3 times. and it work for like a couple months and than i'm back to the normal dent scars again.

well, I have done it pretty much every 60 days for about 1 year or so. If your wanting to know how long the red may last, I had 1 spot done in feb, and have nor worked on it since, and it is just now starting to turn white. So you will not like the answer, but probably 6-12 months. If you leave the stitches in longer than 5-7 days, you'll get those tiny holes your talking about. However I would gladly take those in enchange for closing the dam thing up.

are you serious, only a few days. or are you saying a couple months. Is it similar to my pic. So you did not get any relief from it?

hey pete, curious about your opinion on my scar. Would punch float/excision be an option for me, maybe on the wide sides, or is it not a good candidate for me. They are not exactly round, but perhaps they have some oval-like quality to 'em. Just want to make a good move before I try on a filler for size and it sounds like you know the game.