Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
michael1019

Could a change in water make my acne worse?

Ok here is a lil back ground info....

I lived in DC/VA area all my life and never really had acne just the random white head here and there... well a lil over a year ago I moved to Texas and was there for about 2 months and got some acne under my chin and cheekbones and very lil on my cheeks... then I moved to Alabama for 2 months and it seemd to get worse but towards the end it got better then I was off to florida for 2 weeks and the acne seemed to get better then back to va where I really just had some redspots and no real active acne ... well then I moved to the uk was here for about two months and went to the Derm because I thought it was getting bad... and I am still in the uk been here for about 10 months and it has gotten the worse it has ever been.

So my questions is " does water have an affect on acne?"

Ok here is a lil back ground info....

I lived in DC/VA area all my life and never really had acne just the random white head here and there... well  a lil over a year ago I moved to Texas and was there for about 2 months and got some acne under my chin and cheekbones and very lil on my cheeks... then I moved to Alabama for 2 months and it seemd to get worse but towards the end it got better then I was off to florida for 2 weeks and the acne seemed to get better then back to va where I really just had some redspots and no real active acne ... well then I moved to the uk was here for about two months and went to the Derm because I thought it was getting bad... and I am still in the uk been here for about 10 months and it has gotten the worse it has ever been.

So my questions is " does water have an affect on acne?"

It def. does. I just moved back to school and within three days my face broke out like hell. After I wash my face, my skin is so tight and feels like leather. Within an hour, oil will be dripping off my face. I just came home and washed my face and my face is really soft. I dont know what to do ;( I think it's "hard water" thats causing me to break out...lovely

The hard water upstate NY where I went to school made my face so dry and break out quite a bit. My Bf's place with his hard water accentuates the milia I have left. When I went to San Jose a few years ago (I think the water is more basic there) my face felt soft and smooth.

I believe it's the different chemicals or whatever in the water that effects faces differently.

yeah i live in nj and i guess my face is use to it or the water is good. however i went to puerto rico for vacation and my face broke out