Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alucard123

Some tips for a reginmen noobie

I am just starting the regimen and am not exactly sure what i need to do heh. I was on proactive for a bit but as of recently it was drying out my skin horribly bad. I went and picked up a neutrogena transparent facial bar, using the proactive BP and eucerin as a moisturizer. My main question is, is i don't really have many red irritated pimples. More like tiny white bumps that are pretty hard to see but all over the place. if anyone has any suggestions? or tips to help me out it would be much appreciated. thanks!

thanks for the help, i hope everything goes well smile.gif oh also do the products i use really make a huge difference. I know BP is the main factor in the regiment but as far as cleanser and moisturizer, as long as it doesn't irritate and over dry i should set correct?

for the BP, don't get a gel, get the Stridex Benzoyl Peroxide pads. They work just as good as the gel, but don't dry out your skin as much. i dont know what moisturizer to use because I have some special mousturizer from when I was in Israel and it works great.

my face is actually extremely dry just from comming out of the shower in the morning. i don't even put the BP on yet :/ that was also with the proactive cleanser stuff.... trying something else now to see how that works out. maybe i need somehting more gentle?? if my face is dry even before i get the BP on i guess thats not such a good start since the BP dries out even more lol

I sometimes have the same problem with dry face after the shower; I found that using the BP gel only at night works well for me and has helped eliminate the irritation. The Eucerin Skin Renewal moisturizer helps clear up any dryness/tightness after washing, esp. after shower. You mentioned using a Neutrogena bar - I recommend Purpose liquid wash, as I had a bad experience using Neutrogena face wash (allergic reation that gave me tiny bumps all over my face!)...Good luck - it definitely works!

i currently have tiny bumps all over my face. hard to see from a little wasy a way but when you get close or i get close to the mirror or stretch my skin i can see them. they aren't red or anything no white heads or whatever just little bumps. would you say it could be from the cleanser?? I was using the proavtice stuff however, just switched to this neutrogena stuff recently. Thanks for the input very much apprciated. any little tip helps lol. been surfing this message board for anything i can use lol.

those little bumps sound exactly like the ones i got days after starting to use neutrogena foaming face wash (before i started "the regimen"). they were really tiny but alarming. however, there is definitely hope - i got those little bumps 3 weeks before my wedding this summer, but after immediately stopping w/ the neutrogena, switching to purpose facewash, and using the 2.5% bp, my skin was flawless by the wedding! i know that the proactiv facewash has salycilic acid in it, which is what the neutrogena that i used also had in it, so it is quite possible that you are sensitive to this acid. definitely use a mild wash w/ no sal. acid - if you are using the 2.5% bp gel, you do not need to aggravate your skin anymore with other products...

Thanks for the reply! I am just trying to get to the bottom of them heh. I stopped with the proactive cleanser for sure, and switched to neurogena that has no sal acid or BP in it. maybe my skin will like it more, if that doesn't help i will definately take your advice with the purpose cleanser and pitch out everything proactive in my cabinet lol. thanks again smile.gif