Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DolceGabbanaAddict

Passing out when you go for your blood test

Yeah, well this morning was quite interesting. I had never ever passed out because of a blood test before, nor anything else before. I usually watch it and have no problems, I didn't even look at it today, but as soon as she put the needle in I knew I was going down. I guess she didn't even get blood out, its all over my arm still though, they forgot to give me a bandaid, they were too busy trying to help me out of the chair. It was the weirdest feeling ever, it wasn't like a black out, I was dreaming. I woke up with 10 nurses helping me to the ground, and the first thing I heard was is he having a seizure???? I was so worried when I heard that, I immediately thought I almost died or something. But they told me I just passed out, and asked me if I had ever done it before, and I said no, never, never ever have a problem. I had to stay after a little while and get wheeled into my own room because I was still pretty shaken and still am, just a few minutes ago I wanted to die because I felt so bad. I guess they told me I passed out because I hadn't eaten since 6:30 the night before, I mean you aren't supposed to eat anything after midnight, but I hadn't eaten anythign since 6:30. I actually have to go back friday since they didn't take any at all :-/ I'm having my own room and doctor, and I have to lie down. But it sucks, I never ever want to pass out again while taking my blood. By the way this is for Accutane, you know you go every month for a blood test. So has anyone else experienced anything like this at all? I never thought I would, but haha I did today.

you know, i've never passed out in my life....i'd like to do at least once so i know what it feels like. lol.gif

Hah, it sooooo bad afterwards. Like right after you feel never better and you're laughing and stuff at least I was because I thought it was pretty funny. When I was in the car on my way home, I started to get a really bad headache and I felt like throwing up, and thats how I was for about 2 hours. Its horrible, trust me, I thought I was dead for sure when I woke up from it for some reason. Also I felt like dying when you get the after effects.

Oh..really? I just wanted to do it for some attention, but now that you've made it sound that bad, i hope it never happens..... biggrin.gif

Once, when I was younger, I got dizzy from a blood test. A few years later I donated blood and the same thing happened. Needless to say I was a little concerned about getting blood work done before going on Accutane. So before and during my first blood test I told myself I would not get dizzy and everything would be fine, and it was. For me it was psychological, and I beat it. Although, I have gained 30lbs since I last donated blood so that may have something to do with it as well.

My doctor just called, the one who looked after me after I passed out, she said it was because I was extremely dehydrated. It makes complete sense since I was soooo thirsty before I went, but I thought I couldn't have anything to drink, even water. So she told me to drink 2 big glasses even if I'm not thirsty and that is also why I had the horrible after effects, because I was still dehydrated. So yeah, yours was a psychological thing, mine was a physical thing :-/

I had a liver break down, blacked out, fell, hit my head and got a concussion, docs didnt know what exactly caused it but said it could possibly have been the doxycycline. Blood tests showed that it wasnt too bad so i remain on the dox.....

one time a LONG time ago... i was getting a lot of blood taken and they said I started to look dizzy and they made me lay on the floor with my knees up....

I never want to pass out while getting blood...

I only had to get blood taken twice so they could see the changes, so maybe you'll only have to pass out twice smile.gif Just kidding bro. Just make sure you eat and get some good rest next time before you go in :-D