Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ambivalent

Sleeping on tane

I'm on tane and my zits keep popping themselves over night. I'll wake up and have raw bloody spots or big scabs. I'm afraid I'm going to get huge scars because of this and I have no control over how I roll over on my face in my sleep. Anybody have the same problem?

It can make your skin very sensitive. If your acne was especially raw before taking accutane, it wouldn't help your cause any in that regard. Do you wear any rings to bed? perhaps a firm pillow? sleep on your arms? Try and analyze your sleep environment and make whatever could touch your face as soft as possible. Continue, or start using, a gentle cleanser like cetaphil for sensitive skin and a good moisturizer (I also used cetaphil w/spf when I took tane). Don't wash directly before bed, pat dry and try to drink plenty of water. Anything that can soothe your skin and moisturize it a good bit will help speed your healing, prevent your abrasions and aid in scar prevention. Best of luck...