Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Privatescreen33

I cannot believe some of you guys

I have seen numerous posts here about how depressed and hopeless some of you guys are because you have a couple ice pick scars or a few indented scars. Ive seen pictures posted of what is supposed to be extensive scarring when its really just minor imperfections. What about the people out there that really DO have bad scarring? I have probably got the worst scarring of everyone on this entire board and im not just saying that. I have so many scars all over my back that I literally look like a monster and im only 22.These arent just pitted scars but they are raised as well. I have marks all over my back that look like someone has clawed the skin right out. Some of you guys feel insecure about your looks and i understand that all too well. However, how many of you guys feel that people would be offended or disgusted if you were to just simply take your shirt off? I think it would only be considerate to think about other people on here before describing your mild or somewhat moderate scarring as disgusting and horrible when there are really people out there that are suffering beyond what you can imagine. Think of the contrast that creates for a moment.

Guest Marino

Look buddy, i see where your coming from, but people just dont call there scars "horrible" for the fun of it.

This is how they truley feel, emotionally they are going through the same thing you are with your scaring, its not about comparison, its about being honest on how you feel.

In the self centred, media glorified world we live in with regards to our looks its no wonder were so self councious about this,

i think you need to consider that although you could be satisfied with some minor scaring and not complain it may because you thinking through the persepective of someone with scaring as yourself.

You talked about comparison, think about how some of these people would feel if they changed from a blemish free clear person into what they currently are now thanks to acne and the scaring it creates. It is a huge change which is why they feel like that.

I'm not personally attacking you, i just feel that some people are genuine and true to themselves when they feel "horrible" about there minor scaring and being told there "unbelivable" and "depressing" is a bit harsh.

I hope you can see where i'm coming from.

Everyone is there own worse critic bro.

Alot of people don't even know it, but they have scarring dysmorphia, and it eats them away inside.

Guest *Clara

Perhaps people need to quit focusing so much on their scars. Letting it rule your life will get you nowhere fast. Of course it isn't easy but if you stand your ground you'll be on the path to recovery.

also even if people did have minor scaring, it's still horrible to them, but to other people it's nothing!

i look at some people on these boards when they complain about their scaring which doesn't even exist.

but to them, that is bad ... to us more scarred people ... it's nothing.

Its an emotive subject, scarring of any kind leads to insecurity problems I have found.

Everyone one always see's teh faults in themselves and magnifies them out of all propurtion. Even the most vain people are vain because they spend so long looking for and fixing flaws.

We have this image of ourselves.

Of who we were, of who we are, and of who we want to become.

My acne became worse not too long ago, and as a result I have scars now, minor or mild it may be and not severe, but along with pores which I don't find to be any different from scars.

Everything changed in such a short time frame, that it has not been easy for me to adjust and to let go of this image that I still have of myself. Well, image of who I was, for I've become 'someone' different. To think that just last year, I had none - no scars at all; fine, maybe small ones which I did not mind.

As there isn't much we can do about our image of the past, we can only dwell on the image of the future, the image we want to become. And that is exactly the reason, why everyone with scarring, light or severe, are working on it irregardless.

A the end of the day, having scars is MUCH worse than having spots.

I used to have spots, and knew eventually they would go, so it didn't bother me and as predicted, I cleared up. However scarring occured, and as from then on I have been depressed eusa_doh.gif

Scars don't stop me from doing things really, but they do knock my confidence a lot, and i'm sure that's how most people feel on this board, as I know too it is a great birden.

At the end of the day, I don't think my scars will go. Accomplishing this is just like growing a new layer of skin on top of you original skin, which is pretty much impossible cry.gif

A the end of the day, having scars is MUCH worse than having spots.

I used to have spots, and knew eventually they would go, so it didn't bother me and as predicted, I cleared up. However scarring occured, and as from then on I have been depressed eusa_doh.gif

Scars don't stop me from doing things really, but they do knock my confidence a lot, and i'm sure that's how most people feel on this board, as I know too it is a great birden.

At the end of the day, I don't think my scars will go. Accomplishing this is just like growing a new layer of skin on top of you original skin, which is pretty much impossible cry.gif

Thats exactly what it is, a knock to your confidence.

My spots cleared up years ago, but the marks left behind have always made me quite self aware, I guess that I impose my own feelings towards them on other people; you know like thinking that its the first thing that anyone see's, whereas this is just because its the first thing I notice when i look in the mirror everyday.