Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Simply_Me

TOM's ACCUTANE LOG!!!

ok so i just pop my first ACCUTANE PILL, i got paranoid and didn't wanna take one at first because i was going to smoke weed with my friend (i do not encourage drug use), and when i got home i ate about 2 meals and an apple then took the pill.

i'm a 40mg twice a day dosage. i just bought:

EUCERIN DRY SKIN THERAPY ORGIINAL MOISTURIZING LOTION

COPPERTONE OIL FREE SPF 45 SUNBLOCK

CETAPHIL GENTLE CLEANSER WASH

EQUALINE VITAMIN E 400 I.U.

and a lot of hope.......... also the doctor told me no bacon, so whats a good diet i should start? name the food not the minerals it has please, like be specific of the food that will help me during this accutane period.

i was goin to moisturize but then my skin doesn't seem dry nor flaky yet, i kinda hope it does quick so i can start, hehe, i really wanna get rid of acne for good, its plagued my life for awhile.

20 yrs old, 5'11 asian male, sensitive skin, derm said i weight about 174 lbs...

i will try n post some pictures soon so i guess to keep track and for you guys to help me, i hope?!

also i left out the CHAPSTICK WIT SPF 4.

I'm not sure what foods you should eat while on Accutane, but there's like a whole bunch of things you shouldn't eat smile.gif

You could maybe increase your intake of fish and use vegetable oils when cooking (for the omega3 good fatty acids, and also just better for you).

Avoid foods high in cholesterol, high in saturated fats, high in vitamin A (egg yolk, animal liver), and alcohol of course smile.gif

Good luck!

I'm not sure what foods you should eat while on Accutane, but there's like a whole bunch of things you shouldn't eat smile.gif

You could maybe increase your intake of fish and use vegetable oils when cooking (for the omega3 good fatty acids, and also just better for you).

Avoid foods high in cholesterol, high in saturated fats, high in vitamin A (egg yolk, animal liver), and alcohol of course smile.gif

Good luck!

Guest Marino

Hey simply,

i saw your link in the acutane for me's log and thought i'd drop by and wish you the best of luck with tane.

I'm suprised your doc told you to lay off bacon, i understand acutane puts a lot of stress on your liver so i get the no alcohol thing but i'm too sure about bacon.

I'm still confident that alcohol has little contradictions to acutane, if done in moderation so just dont get pissed.

Or better yet, stay on the safe side.

And also, latest research shows that acne can be reduced by up to 55 percent if you lay off high GI card foods, so you may want to put that into consideration when formulating your diet.

As for hashish, i diged up some old links for ya:

link 1

link 2

link 3

The overwhleming concensus is that pot wont do much negative to you while on acutane, however i'm not going you do it while on tane...LOL.

So yea, take it easy and best of luck to you.

I'll drop by everynow and then and see how your coping, if you got any questions feel free to leave them here and PM me if i dont show.

Take care

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! i got my medicine just now!!!!! Cost me $150 WTF wacko.gif and i'm going to start TONIGHT woohoo i'll start a journal too

Shrimp is a pretty high cholesterol food, so you might start to feel anxious when your monthy blood test comes around if you ate a lot of it. I think that as long as you don't pig-out on it or any other similar food, you'll be fine.

I, personally, am not a huge believer in diet having a big impact on acne. In my first month on 'tane, I pretty much binged on candy on soda for most of the month and, not only did I pass my blood test, my acne cleared incredibly well. My dentist... was not so happy smile.gif

The biggest component of your diet that you should mind is water. Drink lots of it! If you get a throbbing headache in the first week like many of us did, drink more smile.gif

You should eat fish for the Omega-3 fatty acids which are supposed to lower cholesterol. Personally, the only way I get fish is by ordering a Filet O' Fish at McDonald's, so I take fish oil capsules instead. Nasty after taste, though. As for my diet, I'm starting to just take meal replacement shakes and bars 5 times a day and 1 real meal a day. Mainly doing that for health reasons as it's supposed to speed up your metabolism and help build more muscle. I was taking slimfast shakes which work well and are faily cheap if you buy the powder, but now I'm using EAS Myoplex Deluxe for the protein.

i havent ate fish in awhile but if it helps MAKE MY ACNE BETTER? i guess i should start. thanks for the support yall, and i'll be sure to help do what i can too. also, i notice my skin is bumpy underneath as i cleanse it, should i begin moisturizing?

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! i got my medicine just now!!!!! Cost me $150 WTF  wacko.gif and i'm going to start TONIGHT woohoo i'll start a journal too

OH YEA REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Being a college student, i'm always randomly with my schedule, so should i take my pills in a patern? like at a certain time of day? or that won't really matter?

i just pop my 3rd pill of accutane, haha keepin track of da pills, maybe i should startin couting da days, day 1................

eusa_wall.gif

It's probably best to take your pills every 12 hours, assuming you take 2 a day, or 8 hours if you take 3. Although Roche says to divide doses, it doesn't say anything about time between pills. Personally, I usually take one with breakfast and then with lunch or dinner, randomly. Like a lot of other dermatologists, my doc said it'd be ok to take both pills at the same time, so I can't imagine it's too terrible to take your pills at random times as long as they're divided and with high fat meals.

Guest Marino
OH YEA REALLY IMPORTANT!!!!!!

Being a college student, i'm always randomly with my schedule, so should i take my pills in a patern? like at a certain time of day? or that won't really matter?

thx for all da support guys, and please help me by just keepin in touch, acutaneforme, les do this, we both have the same status.

well my acne is starting to break out pupules and cystics, big ones...

wat sucks is there is this really cute girl in my english 100 class but i'm breakin out n i dont know any way to hide my breakouts... i think ima just sit away from da view...

back to da point, how often do u guys wash your face? i tend to wash my face like 3 or rarely 4 times a day, one of my cystic pop out da white thingy when i was drying my face wit a towel. now there's this blood froze thing next to it. ima eat first or should i wash my face imediately?

Guest Marino

Dont mention it buddy, if your ever feeling bad just put up here and we'll be there.

If its something really bad, feel free to PM me.

As for washing my face, i do it every 12 hours.

I suggest you do the same, washing your face to much is irritating it, drying out all the good oils and not doing a better job at unclogging pores as a twice a day regime.

Feel free to wash it with water anytime, but only cleanse twice.

Take care

Guest Marino

LOL, i'd cleanse twice [morning night, if not applicable, try every 12 hours like i do coz of my fucked squedule].

But feel free to wash your face with water every now and then.

Also if your skin is dry or inbalanced dont be afraid to moisturize.

LOL, i'd cleanse twice [morning night, if not applicable, try every 12 hours like i do coz of my fucked squedule].

what's the manuka honey for?? I bought manuka Honey UMF10 from New Zealand last year with my mum since it's a craze among my aunties.. anyway, my skin look like shit now!!! so greasy (where tf is the dryness u're suppose to have) and tonnes of whiteheads eusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gifeusa_wall.gif

Guest Marino
MY SKIN FEELS SO ITCHYYYYYYYY, BUT CANT TOUCH FACE............

ok so i guess i will try sleeping tonight wit no moisturize and see how that goes, but how long does the break out usually last? cuz my acne was moderate low severe, now its like getting worst.... i dont wanna loook all severe out at college.....perhaps i should get manuka honey?

i sure hope my initial break out doesn't last long.................... its really killing my social life... well then again, acne has always killed my social life but during college is hard to continue accutane but i will try. thanks marino, i wont touch my face or scratch it.... should i moisturize?? its not dry dry but it looks wierd with a lot of red spots and color disfiguration and big cysts poppin up ............ =/

i'm so glad i have a 4 day weekend.... i'm goin to just stay home n blaze sometime (to free my mind) and take my accutane pills....