Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was reading the post on steaming your face with salt....which I tried back in March before I knew acne.org existed. I guess I thought since beach water helped skin, then table salt would too. It worked for me somewhat, then I went on Murad and stopped. Murad tore my skin up.... Anyways, I read throught the post and decided not to bother with the salt BUT I figured if the steam was opening my pores then what a great time to apply BP. I didnt use Persagel cause that stuff is potent, but I used the Panoxyl 10% which is all I have. I pasted it on my face, put a towel over my head and commenced to steaming. It still tasted like salt, btw even though there was none in it. I steamed about 10 minutes, I guess. Then I washed my face with ice water.....next time I'm going to rinse with regular cold water and then rub ice cubes on my face. Probably would be easier than cupping ice water from a bowl.

My pores looked clear and smaller. My face is RED but it doesn't hurt or feel especially dry and burnt. . I even applied a tiny bit of bp after. I'll probably wake up in a world of hurt but who cares....I'm sick of this acne shit. I've had it for 12 years and don't want to use accutane, it scares me too much. I'm thinking I will do this for awhile instead of washing with BP soap. I'll let ya'll know if my skin falls off.

For some reason I can't sleep...I looked in the mirror and my face looks like it does when I use a scrubby to wash my face. My red marks are prominent but I have no new bumps. I did notice that my pores were larger, but not too bad. My skin feel soft to the touch and is no longer peeling and flaking off. I'll give this a couple more tries...

Just apply the bp after you steam. I would imagine that you lose some of that bp you apply with the steam dripping off your face.

I knew I would lose the bp that I applied before. I just figured having it roll around on my face and seep into my pores would work.

I woke up this morning and noticed that my face was no longer red, it wasn't overly dry, and it wasn't peeling anymore. My pores are still larger than normal though. My red marks are less noticable and I have no new bumps. I'm gonna stop washing my face with BP soap and just try using the gel with steam to clean it. I haven't used my moisturizer because my skin isn't dry and I'm afraid the non comedogenic Oil of Olay stuff is actually breaking me out. It's supposed to be really good for my skin though with all the vitamins and stuff. I'll try some in a day or two.

I'll keep updating...........

My face is super clear, soft, and not dry at all! I seem to have a breakout every other week, so I'm still not sure if this is doing any good.

I've stopped washing my face with BP soap or anything at all. I just scrub my face a little in the shower to get any flakes. I apply Panoxyl gel when I'm fresh out of the shower, then rub ice cubes on my face, pat my face dry and I'm done.

Later, if I'm not working....I will steam my face (nothing added to the water) with the bp that's already there or add more. When I'm done steaming, I put more BP on my face (panoxyl or persagel) , rub ice cubes all over, then pat dry.

It's working for now but I've got my fingers crossed!

As usual I keep changing things around a bit depending on how busy I am and whether I'm wearing makeup.

I've had a few under the skin bumps pop up. One on my chin, cheek, and side of my nose. They appeared yesterday, but are already starting to deflate.

I haven't had time to steam and have worn some makeup throughout the day.

Before I go to bed I wash my face with 10% or 5% (alternate) BP bar soap. I use very warm water to wash it off....no washcloth. After that, I lightly scrub it with a nailbrush (I know, harsh, but I have clear pores and my skin isn't peeling or dry). After that I splash it with very hot water then apply Persagel 10% while it's still wet. I then take ice cubes and rub them all over my face until it is freezing. It feels so good. I then pat it dry with a towel and pat on Panoxyl 10%.

When I wake up my skin looks normal, not red or blotchy. It is not dry at all and is extremely soft to touch. My pores are clear and there is no peeling.

Since I work in the afternoon, I don't take my shower until later. I don't wash my face in the shower. I wait until I get out and do everything I do at night except wash it with BP soap. I just use the "nailbrush" to lightly scrub my face in a downward motion, and apply the bp and ice the same as at night.

My pores are smaller and clear. My scars look lessened, but that might just be in my head. I don't have many red marks to conceal, just the few under skin pimples that I have. I actually feel very comfortable in my own skin right now. I feel comfy around my boyfriend without makeup and feel flawless with concealer on, despite the many separated scars on my face.

I try to steam when I have time, but I'm usually just to sleepy to deal with it. I may try to move this to "my regimen", since I'm trying to keep a log of this in case anyone wants to try it. I know it sounds harsh, but I have tried everything under the sun (except accutane) for 12 years. I'm not a candidate for peels or lasers because I still have active acne.

Well, my face started breaking out again. I hadn't been taking the time to steam, so I started back steaming twice a day (been doing it for two days) and my face is almost completely clear again. I stopped using Panoxyl 10% because it just isn't strong enough, so I"m using Persagel twice a day. That stuff is really potent! My uderskin bumps went down to nothing and the surface pimples and old ones scabbed over and peeled right off. The steaming followed by icing is keeping it from being red and peeling. It is red at first, but goes back to normal quickly.

I also switched cleansers. I am using Clean and Clear 10% BP facewash. It smells and feels just like Murad clarifying cleanser (menthol is an ingredient).....I just hope it works better. I found a little facial brush at walmart. It's very gentle like a baby brush. My face hasn't been peeling much so I quit using the harsh nail brush. I think as long as I steam and ice twice a day I won't break out, but I have a history of breaking out every other week. I am still applying Persagel before I steam, then more after while it is still hot. I then apply ice cubes to my enitire face and blot dry with a towel. I pat on just a little more Persagel afterwards and if my face feel especially dry, I will pat on some Oil of Olay total effects.

I'm going to find some Hibiclens today and figure out a way to include that in this crazy regimen.

I forgot to add that my hair was feeling oily and I used Paul Mitchell number two ( I think)...it smells like lemons. I got a few painful zits on my hairline. I finally realized a couple years ago that certain shampoos tear my face up. Garnier Fructisse and Nexxus Assure are very bad for my skin.