Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i saw this on a website and decided that some of you guys might find this interesting. Especially the Jessica Simpson one. I still don't know how i feel about this but here it is anyways. (BTW the whole thing's really freakin long, but the jessica simpson one was what made me want to post it here)

JESSICA SIMPSON- in the August '05 issue of Twist, said, "I didn't start feeling comfortable in my own skin until I was 20. I just had so much build up and so many clogged pores. As a celebrity, fans expect to see something perfect in person, and when they come face-to-face with you - without airbrushing - and you have acne problems, it's embarrassing. If you're a bit overweight you can wear a baggy sweatshirt and feel better about yourself, but skin is a huge part of your self-esteem. It's something you can't hide. Natural beauty is really happiness with who you are. If you like who you are on the inside, that'll come through on the outside."

In the June '05 issue of Cosmopolitan, Jessica said, "You're never going to look perfect to yourself even if you might look perfect to somebody else. The thing I've had to learn the most is to accept compliments and steer away from all the negativity. I mean there were [magazine] covers of me saying that I was anorexic! That my ribs were sticking out! Yeah, my ribs are sticking out. My ribs stuck out before. I have a huge rib cage, which is why I can hold a note until I'm blue in the face...because I have such a huge lung capacity. I've learned that it's okay to have big dreams and not be embarrassed and apologize for it. Everyone should go after their passions. And be positive towards others' dreams as well as their own. A lot of people can feel shy about what they really want to do, and it did take a while for me to say, 'You know what? I do want to do this."

The rest aren't really acne related.

ADAM BRODY- In the July '05 issue of Cosmopolitan, he said, "I've been turned down by girls I've approached more times than I care to admit."

KATE WINSLET- in the March 7 issue of US magazine, Kate said classmates taunted the overweight Winslet by calling her Blubber. She has said she was "mentally bullied. ".....I would just sit there and think, 'Let this make you stronger.'

In the July '05 issue of Vogue, Kate said, "When I was a teenager, I was very overweight. I was 190 pounds when I was sixteen. And as an actress I wanted to play Alice in Alice in Wonderland ... And, so, over the coure of a year, I very, very sensibly lost the majority of the weight. I changed the way I thought about food and my body."

KIRSTEN DUNST- in the Aug '04 issue of Teen People, Kirsten said, ".....I have hips, I have boobs, I have a butt. It's good to be thoughtful of what goes in your mouth. I love desserts-I don't have them every day. I work out when it feels good-not so I can look like a stick. When people try so hard to be skinny, it's not pretty to me. Being comfortable with yourself is the sexiest thing." Source: Teen People, Aug '04

JESSICA BIEL- In the July '05 edition of Cosmopolitan, Jessica said when asked if she ever struggled with body-image issues, "I struggle with it every day. Shooting the bikini scene [in Stealth] was stressful. Everyone has areas they're not comfortable with, and mine are my bum, thighs, and legs. So having those areas exposed...it was like, 'Okay, I'm gonna try to be cool with it."

EVA MENDES- In the May 9 issue of People, said, "I have the hugest ... overbite. It's so big, my older brothers and sisters used to call me Bugs. I looked like a bottle opener. But I've never fixed my bite because it's one of the things that makes me me. I used to get teased about the mole on my left cheek. In junior high the other kids would say, 'You've got some chocolate on your face,' and I fell for it every time. I said, 'The minute I turn 18 I'm going to get that mole removed!' But I'm happy I didn't. My best feature is my big hips. I've got some nice childbearing hips, and I feel very proud of them. When I was younger I thought they were too big. I wanted to be slimmer. But now I totally embrace them.

KELLY CLARKSON- when asked if she ever had low self-esteem Kelly said, ".....In junior high, I had glasses and braces, my face was broken out and I was chubby. Everything was bad! I begged my mom for contacts. We didn't have much money, but she finally set me up to get some. It's little things like contacts that help people feel more comfortable inside and out. I finally didn't have to worry about glares on stage or about my glasses slipping when I played sports." The reporter asked Kelly if there was anything else that helped her feel more comfortable in her own skin. She said, ".....I was always involved and always doing stuff. I did sports, drama, choir and I was also in senior council. Exercise and staying active always makes me feel great." They also asked her if her self-esteem suffered when she watched herself on TV during American Idol. She said, "I'm petite but I was the biggest girl on my season-everyone else weighed 100 pounds. Reporters would ask, 'So what's it like being a big girl?' and I thought, 'Big? What?" It was like, 'Wait, what am I doing wrong?' Luckily, I had a great mom and dad who helped me grow up feeling comfortable in my own skin. I have a curvy figure, which guys like. And performing isn't about looking the best or being the most beautiful. I do it because I love it. Look, nobody else has my butt. Nobody has my eyes. Nobody has my nose. It's all mine. And that's what makes me different from everyone."

TOPHER GRACEin the November '04 issue of Cosmo Girl said, ".....In high school I was skinny, but really short too -- I like to think that girls wanted to like me, but couldn't because of that."

NICK LACHEY- in the December '04 issue of Cosmopolitan says, "We're really self-conscious about our flaws. My nose is big...it looks like a potato. And I used to have bad skin. I still don't have great skin, but I used to break out a lot."

REESE WITHERSPOON- in the December '04 issues of TWIST magazine said, "I have cellulite. I have stretch marks. I feel intimidated by Victoria's Secret. Hollywood is one of those endless competitions, but it's like running a race toward nothing. There's no winning. You're never going to win the pretty race. I just want to be the best version of myself that I can be."

SANDRA BULLOCK- in the March '05 issue of Vogue, Sandra admits to having had a rough time growing up. "I hated my whole childhood, hated it, hated it, hated it. There was no place for me. I was not accepted here. I was noticeably different. I was awkward. I was in the wrong clothes. I would get the sh_t kicked out of me constantly. My mother would be like, 'That's ridiculous. Why would anyone do that?' I'm coming home with my hair a mess, crying. Finally a guidance counselor came to my housse and said, 'We have a problem. They are picking on her, and I don't know what to do about it.' And I was so angry at my mother. She was like, 'Obvisouly something you are doing.' ... I'm so thankful for it now because it definintely gives you the empathetic view of humanity."

DEBRA MESSING- in the February 21, '05 issue of US Weekly, said, ".....I was not asked at all. I didn't go to my senior prom. I often danced by myself on the side."

In the February '05 issue of Glamour, Debra said, "Growing up I was a string bean-skinny and tall-and I felt self-conscious about that. I worried about how skinny I was, the fact that I had no chest, my frizzy hair. When I started to work in television, makeup artists would point out flaws I'd never even noticed before, and it made me feel even more insecure."

MARIAH CAREY- in the June 5 issue of Parade, said, "It's embarrassing to say, 'I felt really ugly in school today. My hair was in knots.' You grow up looking at Sixteen Candles and wanting to be the popular girl. You look at the other kids and think, 'Where do I fit?' I felt like an outcast. The fear, the sense of inadequacy, the feeling of not being fully accepted-I felt all of that."

GISELE BUNCHEN- In the April 25 issue of US Weekly, said, "When I was a child, everyone laughed at me in school, but I think it's pretty normal because children are pretty honest. They called me Olive Oyl."

JENNIFER ANISTON- in the May '05 issue of Glamour magazine Jennifer Aniston said, "I don't feel beautiful all the time. The majority of the time, I don't."

NICOLE KIDMAN- in the August issue of Glamour Nora Ephron said about Nicole, "She told me that as a teen she was tall and gawky and covered with freckles. She would think, why does this body have to represent me?"

ANGELINA JOLIE- in Teen People magazine said, "I've often felt unattractive or different looking. As I've grown up, I've felt more comfortable in my own skin. It may sound cliche, but when you feel beautiful and strong on the inside, it shows on the outside."

HALLE BERRY- was voted one of the world's sexiest women after her role in Bond film Die Another Day. But the Oscar-winning actress says she still doesn't see herself as a big star. "To be totally honest, most of the time I think I'm ugly," she told German magazine Journal fur die Frau. "I see myself without make-up every morning and that's why I don't have illusions any more. I certainly don't feel like a big star."

CHRISTINA RICCI- in Movieline magazine said “I got ugly. Throughout my childhood, my favorite [rejection] was: ’She looks too healthy.’ They wanted that really gaunt, runaway girl kind of look. I was, like, ‘Mom, I thought you could never be too healthy.’ She (Christina’s mom) said, ‘Ignore them.’�

In Interview magazine Christina said, “I was really fat for a year. I was ugly. People would come up to me in the street and say, ‘Weren’t you Wednesday in The Addams Family? God, you’ve gotten so fat.’ I felt I was a separate person from the person they were talking about, and I’d want to take them aside and scold them: ‘You can’t talk to me like that.’ Being overweight made it so hard for me to get films. I didn’t work for a year because of it, and it was devastating.�

In the April '05 issue of Elle Girl, Christina said, "As a teenager, I didn't like to look in mirrors. I'd put collages and stuff over them; left the lights off in the bathroom. Those are the years when I feel like you hate yourself or love yourself."

NEVE CAMPBELL- in Sassy magazine said … "The boys wrote a song about all the girls in the (ballet) class, ranking them from prettiest to ugliest." The last verse, "Neve-aagh!" was reserved for her. "It was about how ugly I was," she said.

CAMERON DIAZ– “When I was growing up, I hated my body, I was extremely, extremely skinny as a child – for years I was seventy-nine pounds, and much taller than everyone else. When I was in junior high, people thought I was sick. They used to call me Skeletor, or Skinny Bones Jones and all those other horrible names.�

BRANDY– in People magazine Brandy said the teachers were not sending her on auditions “… ‘Because you’re not drop-dead gorgeous.’ My heart just dropped.� In US Magazine she said, “In elementary [school] girls teased me because I was so skinny and I wasn’t that pretty. They pulled my hair and tried to jump me after school. In junior high, people hated me; they thought I was trying to show off. I used to try to buy friendships with my lunch money. It was awful for me.�

SETH GREEN- who plays Scott Evil in the Austin Powers movies and Oz on Buffy the Vampire Slayer said in the cool book Got Issues Much? … "I'm five feet four inches now and as you can guess, I've always been short. Shorter than most of the boys in my class and shorter even than some of the girls. That became glaringly apparent early on, because I was also a year accelerated, in with kids a year older than I. So not only was I the smallest, I was also the youngest. To the other kids, I also had a funny name. They'd call me Death instead of Seth. It didn't help that I didn't play athletics at school."

TYRA BANKS- in GQ magazine said, "The modeling industry goes in and out of different styles and body types that are supposed to be hot at that moment. And right now, it's not so much the heroin-chic, because the models are looking a little bit healthier to me--and when I say healthy, I don't even mean body type, I mean just facial pigment and stuff like that. They have blush on their cheeks now again and they look a little healthier. But still such a stick, skinny ideal--which would have worked for me when I was 11 years old because I was 98 pounds and my same height and now I'm 130. So I was really, really thin and insecure. It would have worked well for me to look at that in a magazine and see that that was called beautiful. But the majority of little girls aren't that way. The majority of them are struggling with their weight and are the opposite way. So I just think it's important to show different body types and say that they are all beautiful which is not really what they do. When I lost all this weight--I went to an all-black private elementary school--and all the kids used to call me all kinds of horrible names. Then when I went to a mixed junior high school and all of my white friends would be like, 'Oh my god, you're so gorgeous. You're so skinny. 'By the way, I looked disgusting, I looked sick. But they'd be like 'You're so skinny. I wish I could be like you.' And all my black friends would be like, 'Girl, eat a pork chop! You are so skinny.' And the white guys would be like 'Tyra's cute' and the black guys would be like, 'She's too skinny. She needs some booty. I don't want her.' So it's so cultural. And it's sad because women, when it comes to their body types, are ruled by men in their culture. So white women want to be super skinny because that's what white men seem to be attracted to. And the black guys want more meat."

Guest tenshigirl25
Natural beauty is really happiness with who you are. If you like who you are on the inside, that'll come through on the outside.

Yeah Jessica, it's that simple. rolleyes.gif (ashlee better keep her mouth shut, I cant stand her)

I think celebrities shouldn't talk about problems they think they have regarding their looks. It's like the smartest kid in class bragging about how one question on a test was hard, when they whole class failed. It just makes them look like asses.

When it all comes down to it, it is what you think and you think alone about yourself that really matters. People may compliment me, tell me I have body dismorphic disorder, tell me my acne isn't bad .. but no matter how many times they do .. I still think i'm ugly. I still will think I am ugly.

And getting clear skin for me is just one way of helping it a little on the outside.

Great post, i read it all. nice to see that even some of the most famous people in the world have their flaws and dont mind talking about it. eusa_think.gif

one thing that cracked me up -

I have a huge rib cage, which is why I can hold a note until I'm blue in the face...because I have such a huge lung capacity.

Great post, i read it all. nice to see that even some of the most famous people in the world have their flaws and dont mind talking about it. eusa_think.gif

I have a huge rib cage, which is why I can hold a note until I'm blue in the face...because I have such a huge lung capacity.

are you f***in kidding me ms.simpson?!? you couldnt hold a note if your life depended on it! doubt.gif

are you f***in kidding me ms.simpson?!? you couldnt hold a note if your life depended on it! doubt.gif

AT LEAST MS-SIMPSON IS WHITE

Ok, its clear that you think I should fuck up if Im not white. So you're saying that you would do anything I want if I were white...

Lol, then thats just pathetic. You obviously hate other races, but yet the worse you can do is insult them over an internet board? C'mon man, I am not white and I am outrightly defying you be not thinking badly of myself. Do something other than call me names, god knows I deserve worse, fully exhalt whatever powers you claim to have over me right now.

This forum is for people to come here and seek support and advice of friends.

It is NOT a place to pass judgement on others because of ethnicity, race, sexuall orientation or whatever the hell it is you may have a problem with.

For anyone who wants to rant about other races, I'm sure there are plenty of other forums out there for you to go to.

It is NOT a place to pass judgement on others because of ethnicity, race, sexuall orientation or whatever the hell it is you may have a problem with.

For anyone who wants to rant about other races, I'm sure there are plenty of other forums out there for you to go to.

REALLY COULD YOU POINT SOME OUT FOR ME BUBS

REALLY COULD YOU POINT SOME OUT FOR ME BUBS

Guest mishmosh

most of them have had plastic surgery anyway.

which is terrible to think that is the 'norm' in hollywood these days

people on US television dont look real anyway, it's kinda depressing. Im glad I dont live there!

it kinda helps though to know that even celebrities have insecurities. i dont think they're trying to put down themselves to make themselves feel better or anything. they're just normal people like us and even though they may be told they're beautiful, or amazing, or whatever they're told, they may not feel it.

ive been told im ugly, ive been told im beautiful, most of the time pretty but who cares, because its how u think of yourself that counts.

ive been told im ugly, ive been told im beautiful, most of the time pretty but who cares, because its how u think of yourself that counts.

I wholeheartedly agree