Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just watched a show on TLC called "Born Without a Face". It's about a girl with Treacher Collins syndrome and the surgeries she has to go through to look even close to normal. It really made me realize how stupid it is to worry about so much about acne. We think we get stared at? Imagine walking around without facial bones. It makes me feel like a wussy when I realize how much I worried about my face. You feel like committing suicide over your acne? Read about what Amie went through and you might re-consider...

Chris

i know a girl with this disease...she's 13 and has has like 26 operations on her face already. she's an inspiration, believe me!

I saw something like that on television about a month ago. Those are some very strong minded and strong willed people, really something to be admired. I realize a lot of us take what we have for granted. It reminds me that there is a lot more to life than the crap we see on MTV.

i will never understand just how the hell does the fact that someone has a problem worse than yours somehow makes your problem less important. the logic is utterly lost on me on this one. If you lose one leg, does it mean that you will be jumping with joy because others have lost two ? If you're too poor to buy yourself dinner, should you be jumping with joy knowing that the kids in Africa don't even know what dinner is ?

Sorry but I see no positives whatsoever to be taken out of the misery of others that are even worse off than you. The fact that that girl has it worse doesn't make me happier in any way shape or form, if anything it makes me feel worse knowing that this world is even more F'ed up.

yes your sitation doesn't change, but it shows that in every situtaion we can either always see the negatives, or something just realise that acne isn't a life threatening disease and we are lucky in that aspect.

gameover I think you'd eat your words if say, a family member (god forbid) got a bad illness, you will feel bad and realise acne is miniscule in comparison.

So yeh, I really think in our society is all

'we haven't got'

ans should be more about

'hey, we have this..'

It puts things in perspective. Always look at the positive aspect of any situation if you can. Otherwise you'll end up bitter and depressed like GameOver here.

first of all no I do not simply have that, I have other promblems both physical and not, but to answer your question I would prefer the first - although that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

to ask you people a question : how would you feel if YOU had a terrible problem, and everyone else was "thank god I don't look like that terrible creature. I have problems too...but no way are they as terrible as that. It makes me happy to know there are people like him worse than me".

It puts things in perspective. Always look at the positive aspect of any situation if you can. Otherwise you'll end up bitter and depressed like GameOver here.

first of all no I do not simply have that, I have other promblems both physical and not, but to answer your question I would prefer the first - although that has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

to ask you people a question : how would you feel if YOU had a terrible problem, and everyone else was "thank god I don't look like that terrible creature. I have problems too...but no way are they as terrible as that. It makes me happy to know there are people like him worse than me".

HOLY SHIT!, I WATCHED THAT TOO LAST NITE. Then i had nightmeres about it it was really scary. But ya it still doesnt change the fact that having acne sux.

yes, there are much worse skin diseases. Another TLC show, "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off" is also great for making acne seem less the problem we often feel it is.

yes, there are much worse skin diseases.  Another TLC show, "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off" is also great for making acne seem less the problem we often feel it is.

the thing with acne however is athough is that we weren't born with it.. We have to live with remembering what it is like to be clear and not worrying about acne and feeling hot and sexy lol