Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoccerDude

How to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads??

After my senior trip to Florida, I got a tan and a little bit of sunburnt on my face. The best part was that my whiteheads were gone and I could barely notice my blackheads. But a few days later, my whiteheads start showing up again, this time they are more noticeable with my tan skin. So how does one go about getting rid of whiteheads? I wash my face and they seem to go away for a while, but they always come back soon. Could someone help me out? Thanks.

Another note: Also the tan seems to help with my scars, cause the tan is kinda fading now and my scars are barely noticeable from before, except the keloid on my nose. Does a tan have anything to do with this? I think it probably helps light scars.

Ive tried the Blackhead Remover by Revlon you can find it on Drugstore.com It's helped me extract the blackheads around my nose it's pretty easy to use just wash your face first then use eithier side and press it against your skin and it extracts all the gunk outta your pores without squeezing which hurts and without the use of hands directly on your face that can transfer bacteria... After i am done and nothing else is coming out of my pores I use a toner called 'Blackhead Clearing Astringent' by Clean and Clear and I found it to help a lot I do this every two weeks to keep my pores clean and unsightly ..... HOPE THIS HELPS!//////

I've used blackhead removers before and it works, but i often times find that it produces a pimple afterwards. I think that is because when i remove one blackhead i don't clean the remover i go to remove the next blackhead. Which then the next blackhead gets bacteria from the last removed blackhead, I think?? Do you have to disinfect the blackhead remover after every removed blackhead? I find that removing the blackheads just cause pimples to come up because it's gotten infected by sqeezing it out? i don't know? Anyone know?

Hey, I just squeeze them out the old fashioned way. Just remember to wash your hands first. I've never had an issue with scarring & I'd rather have a clear pore than a big white or blackhead. Blackheads do not go away by themselves.

To get rid of pimples, whiteheads, and blackheads.

Glycolic acid is an AHA or (Alpha-Hydroxy Acid). AHA's include are naturally found in fruit and in milk. Examples:: Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Tartric, and Citric acids. What a AHA does to the skin is that it dissolves the intercellular glue that sticks to dead skin cells and it encourages the natural shedding of dead skin cells. AHA's over a period of time (at the least 2-3 months) can give your skin a more youthfull appearance, improve the texture and color of your skin, and it can give your skin a "Glowly" appearance. This is because AHA's boost the moisture retention of your skin. Use AHA's at night, not in the morning since they take the top layers of the dead skin cells off your skin and encourage new cells to appear, the sunlight can cause your skin to be more sensitive then it already is. Use BHA's or (Beta Hydroxy Acids) in the morning. BHA's are better for pimples, white heads, and blackheads because BHA's absorb the oil in the pore itself and they exfoliate lightly inside the pore to get rid of the clogged bacteria. Remember to also incorperate a BHA or a AHA or both in you skin care regimen (If your skin will tolerate it) BP is the best form of an acne treatment to get rid of already surfaces pimples. If the whitehead is to a head and you can see that the puss inside of it is yellow/dark white the best thing to do it to extract yourself and then do your daily regimen. To extract a whitehead, wash your hands, take a hot-clean wash cloth and press gently all around the area of the whitehead. Do this for about 3 mintues to open the pore. Then take two tissues, and put one around each of your pointing fingers. Press gently on the sides of the whitehead.The crap comes out, take a clean tissue and wipe it off the area, and then continue to do your regimen.

sweetchica329, i have tried to squeeze my whiteheads and it just makes more come up around where i just squeezed them. Will it go away if you don't do anything to it?

Green Eyes: If you are expierencing more bacteria around the whitehead after trying to pop it, then it wasn't a good time to try and get the puss out of the whitehead. Remember make sure the whitehead is to a full 'head' and most of the time you can just speculate when the correct time to pop it is. Also as far as it going away by itself, its possible but it could take weeks! The best thing to do is to treat it with a BHA and BP.

~Nikki~